Maybe you should read the message again, it clearly says amazon does not support the use of their app store on bb10.
    Because bb10 devices are not android devices.
    Because virtual oses are always more buggy than running the Os properly.
    And because it's too much of a headache for amazon to troubleshoot it all when things go wrong.

Come on, you cannot be serious, you must be winding people up if your last few posts weren't someone else using your mobile device to post on here and make you look silly.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

We're being had LOL. It happens often on CB, and we fall for it EVERY TIME!
    h20work and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-20-13 10:56 AM
    Maybe you should read the message again, it clearly says amazon does not support the use of their app store on bb10.
    Because bb10 devices are not android devices.
    Because virtual oses are always more buggy than running the Os properly.
    And because it's too much of a headache for amazon to troubleshoot it all when things go wrong.

Come on, you cannot be serious, you must be winding people up if your last few posts weren't someone else using your mobile device to post on here and make you look silly.

Posted via CB10
    I am fine with myopinion. Making myself look silly. I am sure there are some that may view that. I am also sure there are those that enjoy my perspective on the forums. After all this is an open forum. I hold no reservations and am bold to speak my opinions. If i look silly than so be it.
    amjass12 likes this.
    11-20-13 10:57 AM
    I don't pretend to know what BlackBerry is doing. But I can easily see why not. They really wanted their own app world to succeed. It didn't. Time for plan B.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    But that's why I think the Runtime is a road that should not have been traveled.

Of course, hindsight is awesome; I was supportive of it at first.

WP8 seems to show that that slow and steady with native is the way to go.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-20-13 10:59 AM
    If it's legal then why is all of this not currently available to all BB10 devices?
    Dude... the software isn't out yet. We have been discussing a leak. Yeesh... Maybe they won't release it, maybe they will.
    11-20-13 10:59 AM
    ok, lets ignore the original argument in its ever shifting form then. What is your stance on installing a leaked OS on your device?
    My stance is that we are beta testers for BlackBerry is we install a leaked os and give feedback to BlackBerry. This results in a better UX come official release.

I support controlled leaks blessed by BlackBerry
    canuckvoip likes this.
    11-20-13 11:01 AM
    But that's why I think the Runtime is a road that should not have been traveled.

Of course, hindsight is awesome; I was supportive of it at first.

WP8 seems to show that that slow and steady with native is the way to go.
    The runtime IMHO just supports BlackBerry's 100% open source commitment to devs. On the dev front
    11-20-13 11:03 AM
    The runtime IMHO just supports BlackBerry's 100% open source commitment to devs. On the dev front
    What does that mean?

The Runtime supports BBRY's need for profitability.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-20-13 11:05 AM
    I am fine with myopinion. Making myself look silly. I am sure there are some that may view that. I am also sure there are those that enjoy my perspective on the forums. After all this is an open forum. I hold no reservations and am bold to speak my opinions. If i look silly than so be it.
    You are entitled to your opinion just as others.
    But your opinion doesn't make you bold. Bold would be holding your hands up and saying 'look, if agreements are made down the line between amazon and BlackBerry, then it will be legal. Until then it's 100% illegal and shame on people who claim it's legal, you're making it worse for BlackBerry '
    What you're doing isn't bold. It's something, but it's not bold.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-20-13 11:07 AM
    they haven't given their blessing.
    It's nice to see that the argument is slowly transitioning from the app gap is closed to well it's basically closed to well it'll all be ok some time to when they make it all legal it will be legal.
    I have no arguments. Only opinions.

Arguments are dualistic in nature. There are an infinite means to justify a given stance on either side of the line. I don't partake in this as the ability to jest and be condensending on the forums is too strong. There fore I share my opinions. I will however give bold opinions and hold my stand on them
    u do know where there wont be a question of legality. on the kindle fire hd. now supporting live video troubleshooting
    My stance is that we are beta testers for BlackBerry is we install a leaked os and give feedback to BlackBerry. This results in a better UX come official release.

And that's why AS said if they knew who was leaking the Os they would fire them.
    Sounds like another 'bold' statement.

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-20-13 11:08 AM
    You are entitled to your opinion just as others.
    But your opinion doesn't make you bold. Bold would be holding your hands up and saying 'look, if agreements are made down the line between amazon and BlackBerry, then it will be legal. Until then it's 100% illegal and shame on people who claim it's legal, you're making it worse for BlackBerry '
    What you're doing isn't bold. It's something, but it's not bold.

Posted via CB10
    I have always begun my opinions with a very clearly stated," where legally permissible " . Don't be so foolish to disregard tbat. You have read my posts.
    11-20-13 11:09 AM
    i think members of the jury should decide now.

so then you are a beta tester hired by BlackBerry to test their OS? They have a very public stance that leaking an OS will result in termination. In response to canuckvoip, not sure where you have been through this discussion but it has been about the legality of this situation so the fact that it is all predicated on the act of pirating an OS (which has been brought up on more than one occassion) is at the very heart of the issue.
    Last edited by paper_monkey; 11-20-13 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    1) This is Worldwide (and you are talking about the US, where the "others" is about 15-20%)

2) The "others" include brand names as well. So, 38% is NOT all no-name tablets without access to GPlay.

3) 38% means that at least (see point 2 above) 62% have an app store pre-installed. I guess at least 62% is more "typical", than at most 38%. That's speaking of "typical" or "average".

You definitely don't know how to interpret numbers.
    Sorry, took a few days away.

The 'no name' tabs do come with a pre-installed app store. Just not a major one.

And honestly, if you don't think the typical American consumer knows how to type in a Web address and download an app that it pops up and tells them to download, then you don't know how to interpret people.

Honestly, I know we're all techno-geeks here, but do we really think every one else is dumb? Maybe we need to take ourselves off the pedestal we've placed ourselves on.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    missing_K-W and Undbiter65 like this.
    11-20-13 11:17 AM
    I have always begun my opinions with a very clearly stated," where legally permissible " . Don't be so foolish to disregard tbat. You have read my posts.
    Yes, and currently it's not legally permissible, end of story.
    First you cry about being bold while others are mean to you, then you call me foolish.
    First you say playbooksters email suggests amazon wants to support bb10, then you say 'where permissible'.
    It's not permissible, it's not agreed, it's not legal. End of.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:19 AM
    And that's why AS said if they knew who was leaking the Os they would fire them.
    Sounds like another 'bold' statement.

Posted via CB10
    Is there a particular r ason why you must be condensending and jest in your responses?
    11-20-13 11:20 AM
    i think members of the jury should decide now.
    Who is on the jury?
    11-20-13 11:22 AM
    Yes, and currently it's not legally permissible, end of story.
    First you cry about being bold while others are mean to you, then you call me foolish.
    First you say playbooksters email suggests amazon wants to support bb10, then you say 'where permissible'.
    It's not permissible, it's not agreed, it's not legal. End of.

Posted via CB10
    I have clearly stated that a dev is bound to the terms and conditions of a given app store, and if that app store chooses to support BB10 it is legally fine.
    11-20-13 11:22 AM
    Is there a particular r ason why you must be condensending and jest in your responses?
    You just called me foolish. Glass houses and all that.
    I'm not being condescending at all, which is getting increasingly hard.
    If I come across as trying to make a joke, I'm not, the situation and 'discussion' is a joke.
    There is no mythical agreement. And every second post from you says 'but what if there was'.
    If there was it would be legal. There isn't. How are you still not getting this?

If things change, I'll be wrong and you'll be right, and I'll be happy.
    For now, you're wrong. There. Is. No. Agreement.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:26 AM
    Who is on the jury?
    You Canuck. It's a jury of one.

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    11-20-13 11:26 AM
    What I stated pertains to the Op's original post.
    Gotcha, since you quoted me, I thought you were commenting on my post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-20-13 11:28 AM
    Who is on the jury?
    im guessing noone on these forums will be impartial
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-20-13 11:30 AM
    Amazon doesn't care what device is connecting to the app store. Not the store we're talking about here, anyway, which exists as an alternate channel for Android used who can't get into Google Play.

Don't confuse this storefront with Amazon's OTHER app store, the one for the Kindle Fire devices.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I'm playing catch up. People are so intent on this, and thunderbuck is right. Amazon makes its money off selling content. If you could somehow pit an android runtime on a commodore 64 they would have no problem with you using their app store. Amazon wants in everyone's wallets. As a retailer should.

11-20-13 11:35 AM
    This has been quite an interesting thread. I have learned a great deal about the lengths BlackBerry users will go through to load apps they considered stupid and useless a mere week past.

Strangely I won't go through those lengths.

Have fun folks!

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Typing http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...bUvbUpU9581556 in to your Web browser is horrific! Who would make this so difficult! BlackBerry is dead for sure now!

missing_K-W and Undbiter65 like this.
    11-20-13 11:37 AM
1,792 ... 5354555657 ...