Why are you here? LOL.

Doesn't matter what BBRY and Amazon say. It's our duty to help developers, uh, monetize by, uh, testing their Android apps. Freely.
    Oh, now I can't like Amazon. Damn, I feel so awkward and ashamed that I can like something other than BB. I really need to think about closing my CrackBerry account
    11-19-13 10:15 PM
    So, you won't be able to use Amazon Appstore or its associated apps on your device.

Not true at all! Amazon Appstore works just fine, as do the apps, I just won't get support apparently.
    And no support = no solution for the average customer...

I'm sure they "unofficially" support the leaks. We find stuff they never would (bugs, glitches, etc).

Strange things happen with this leak, I opened a pdf attachment through an email and Qpdf started not adobe reader. Downloaded a zip file through the browser and when I clicked it, ghost commander opened.
    I believe that they want stuff to be leaked one way or another.
    It gives the community "hope".

So if I understand this correctly, there is a priority conflict between native apps and apps in the runtime?
    And your phone doesn't know which app to give the priority?
    Sounds buggy...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 10:17 PM
    So, you won't be able to use Amazon Appstore or its associated apps on your device.

Not true at all! Amazon Appstore works just fine, as do the apps, I just won't get support apparently.
    I don't see this ending well for the official 10.2/10.3 release.
    JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    I'm sure they "unofficially" support the leaks. We find stuff they never would (bugs, glitches, etc).

Strange things happen with this leak, I opened a pdf attachment through an email and Qpdf started not adobe reader. Downloaded a zip file through the browser and when I clicked it, ghost commander opened.
    Without a doubt. They have to. If BBRY really wanted to stop leaks, there wouldn't be a leak.

I figure this leak will be updated and leaked again, and if no agreement is reached, a locked version will come through official channels.
    So it isn't officially supported.
    Wow, what a surprise....
    I hope you get a follow up Email from the app store team.

Can we consider the myth of Amazon counting BB10 devices as phones being part of the Android brigade as busted now?

Posted via CB10
    Quit slacking. You keep missing the easy ones

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-myth-busters-quote.jpg
    bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 10:20 PM
    Quit slacking. You keep missing the easy ones

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myth-busters-quote.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	222492
    I feel ashamed
    Even though I busted the myth through heuristics already.

And I do have to point out the surprising truth once again:
    My Z10 actually isn't an Android phone... Who would have thought that?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 10:23 PM
    So it isn't officially supported.
    Wow, what a surprise....
    I hope you get a follow up Email from the app store team.

Can we consider the myth of Amazon counting BB10 devices as phones being part of the Android brigade as busted now?
    You've been here long enough to know these folks knew it wasn't supported. It was just debate fodder.

-Someone makes a wild claim
    -Dissenting views are offered
    -Folks with dissenting views are questioned to why they are here
    -Usually, the original view is proven inaccurate.

Like clockwork.

So, so as to be fair, I have to ask: why are here? LOL.
    11-19-13 10:24 PM
    And no support = no solution for the average customer...
    Oh, I agree. That's a different conversation though. BlackBerry needs to make an agreement with Amazon or some other Android App store if they want to leverage BB10 support for Android in a way that the average user will appreciate it. Otherwise, it's just a talking point for enthusiasts / geeks like us.
    11-19-13 10:25 PM

And I do have to point out the surprising truth once again:
    My Z10 actually isn't an Android phone... Who would have thought that?
    YES, IT IS!

The app gap is closed, and BBRY is an Android OEM.
    11-19-13 10:26 PM
    I don't see this ending well for the official 10.2/10.3 release.
    10.3 is just a rumour at this point. I think you mean 10.2.1!
    11-19-13 10:27 PM
    You've been here long enough to know these folks knew it wasn't supported. It was just debate fodder.

Like clockwork.

I have a Z10, but maybe I am faking that?
    Maybe I also fake to own a PlayBook and to actually like BB10?

I am not sure anymore, but I do know that I was asked already why I am even here, especially in threads about the Z30.
    In this thread I was "just" called a hater and a troll, implicitly though.

But I understand the pattern you describe and I have seen that a number of times.
    Be it with remarks to 1080p displays, where a certain user especially, always says that "it's impossible to see a difference"or with slogans like "tools not toys".

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 10:28 PM

Like clockwork.

I spit out my drink when kw mentioned n4bb

"I love bb, do you?"
    "Yes, of course I do!"
    "Other people are too stupid to understand bb10!"
    "Omg, yes! I hate crackberry"
    "Brb need go troll there"

What a waste of bandwidth
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-19-13 10:30 PM
    10.3 is just a rumour at this point. I think you mean 10.2.1!
    I'd expect it to be at least a .x release when it goes official.
    11-19-13 10:32 PM
    Oh, I agree. That's a different conversation though. BlackBerry needs to make an agreement with Amazon or some other Android App store if they want to leverage BB10 support for Android in a way that the average user will appreciate it. Otherwise, it's just a talking point for enthusiasts / geeks like us.
    Then we are on the same page of the book called "The app gap and BlackBerry".
    The title seems to disagree with us though

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 10:35 PM
    This circle jerk is so old it's gettin' crusty in here.
    Undbiter65 and laketrout73 like this.
    11-19-13 10:35 PM
    I'd expect it to be at least a .x release when it goes official.
    Reading the forums my guess is that 10.2.1 is meant to bring the OS up to a level of functionality that closely matches the communication functionality of legacy BBOS.

10.3 is being reserved for a major update including a TAT makeover. One that our new BlackBerry Fuhrer, John Chen, will oversee. But that's just a guess on my part....
    11-19-13 10:36 PM
    This circle jerk is so old it's gettin' crusty.
    If you have missed it, some users that you try to describe with this post, have at least reached out to Amazon with the goal of getting an official response from the owner of the app store some in here proclaimed to recognise BB10 phones as Android devices and that this may entitle us to some sort of support when we use their app store.

This assertion has completely been busted though.
    You trying to insult some members won't change that truth...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:41 PM
    Then we are on the same page of the book called "The app gap and BlackBerry".
    The title seems to disagree with us though

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree that they need to fill the app gap. I love the OS, and want to see it grow so I'm happy to see them open it up to Android.

As someone who also owns iOS and Android devices I can safely say an App is an App. They seem to work the same on all platforms so far so I could care less if the app on my BlackBerry is Android based. or iOS, etc...
    southlander likes this.
    11-19-13 10:42 PM
    Totally agree that they need to fill the app gap. I love the OS, and want to see it grow so I'm happy to see them open it up to Android.

As someone who also owns iOS and Android devices I can safely say an App is an App. They seem to work the same on all platforms so far so I could care less if the app on my BlackBerry is Android based. or iOS, etc...
    I can understand that!
    For everyone willing to tinker with their devices, this SideloadingV2 helped them out.
    No question there!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:45 PM
    Oh STOP.

I just called Amazon as I got sick of the YOU DO IT, NO YOU DO IT, on this thread...

Anyway, I asked and got bumped up a level of support... And was told that NO, they would not support an Android App on BlackBerry...

If anyone else is interested in trying, here's the number: 1-888-280-3321
    I'm not clear what you're looking for in terms of "support " here. This is a bargain basement "Dollar Store" of app shops. IT IS NOT FOR KINDLE FIRE devices. It's a clearing house to get apps down to cheapie devices that can't get into Google Play.

I'd hope they offer refunds in the event I pay for something that won't work on my device. Past that, I wouldn't expect any support no matter what device I was using.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:45 PM
    I'm not clear what you're looking for in terms of "support " here. This is a bargain basement "Dollar Store" of app shops. IT IS NOT FOR KINDLE FIRE devices. It's a clearing house to get apps down to cheapie devices that can't get into Google Play.

I'd hope they offer refunds in the event I pay for something that won't work on my device. Past that, I wouldn't expect any support no matter what device I was using.

Posted via CB10
    I basically called the support number and straight up asked if they'd support me as a BlackBerry user who downloaded a paid app from the Amazon Store. I got bumped up to the next level of support and was told NO.

I wasn't happy with the answer, and I encourage others to call Amazon and pose the same question. Personally, I think they could support BlackBerry users running Android Apps without having to hire more support staff, but that was their official response.
    11-19-13 10:52 PM
    Reading the forums my guess is that 10.2.1 is meant to bring the OS up to a level of functionality that closely matches the communication functionality of legacy BBOS.

10.3 is being reserved for a major update including a TAT makeover. One that our new BlackBerry Fuhrer, John Chen, will oversee. But that's just a guess on my part....
    A few welcome surprises like being able to resize picture attachments are bringing back what kept me loyal to BlackBerry the last 10 years.

I doubt this os will ever see the light of of days outside the forums or the dev's it was meant for though. Way too many bugs and glitches
    11-19-13 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just to be sure that I understood you correctly:
    Weren't you one of the people saying that a BlackBerry is basically an Android device and that Amazon would recognise it as one?

Because if yes (and I could find the posts very easily, but I don't want to do the work right now), then:
    1) You got proven wrong.
    2) You just changed the subject, because the question how Amazon recognises BlackBerry 10 devices, is of vital importance for how the average consumer will perceive the app gap.
    3) Not being supported means not qualifying for their TOS, which further means that the copyright question should be regarded as less than favourably answered for BlackBerry and their users.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seems silly to ask for a refund for something you have no business buying in the first place.

My guess is they will give you a refund out of good will as they laugh amongst themselves.
    11-19-13 10:58 PM
    Just to be sure that I understood you correctly:
    Weren't you one of the people saying that a BlackBerry is basically an Android device and that Amazon would recognise it as one?

Because if yes (and I could find the posts very easily, but I don't want to do the work right now), then:
    1) You got proven wrong.
    2) You just changed the subject, because the question how Amazon recognises BlackBerry 10 devices, is of vital importance for how the average consumer will perceive the app gap.
    3) Not being supported means not qualifying for their TOS, which further means that the copyright question should be regarded as less than favourably answered for BlackBerry and their users.

Posted via CB10
    I can field this one.

How 'bout them Nicks?
    mset and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 11:00 PM
1,792 ... 4950515253 ...