Just a very friendly and gentle sentiment here sir... you are very much pushing the boundaries of haughtiness and holier than though (IMHO). You do come off sounding just a tad bit like a "know it all". I'm only sharing my observation as you have been sadly condescending to a fair few people here. People who also have a right to an opinion that does not have to fall in line with yours.
    Just sharing an observation. You are no better than anyone else here.
    You should be sharing your observations with the mods if you find my conduct troublesome. Not me. I absolutely don't care.
    11-19-13 09:14 PM
    Wouldn't BlackBerry legal department have looked into all this? I hardly think they would spend resources on development of something that is not legal or use able in the future

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    We're jumping the gun here if we think that the new runtime is in there so that users can direct install APKs from wherever they want. BlackBerry hasn't come out to clearly state their intentions with it are. We know that initially the runtime was there as an easy way for Android developers to get their apps onto a BlackBerry. Who knows what they plan on doing with the expanded capabilities of the runtime in 10.2. Just cause it has the ability to do something, doesn't mean it will be officially used or sanctioned.
    11-19-13 09:15 PM
    You should be sharing your observations with the mods if you find my conduct troublesome. Not me. I absolutely don't care.
    Sure you do. Why else respond. Back on topic. Will there ever be a way to discern the fine balance between legality (your concern) and the will to pursue legal action on something as meaningless as unforseen sales from a new customer base.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 09:19 PM
    Thanks. I will be reporting back when I get my response.

I guess Amazon CS will have a hard time with CrackBerry users bombarding them with the same request
    NP. For the record, I'm surprised that they wouldn't support any user regardless of platform. Kindle is available on BB10, so why they wouldn't support side loading BB10 users is a bit of a mystery to me.

Whatever. I like BlackBerry, and I like Amazon so I'm good either way. Cheers brother.
    11-19-13 09:21 PM
    That's the problem isn't it?
    11-19-13 09:23 PM
    Oh STOP.

I just called Amazon as I got sick of the YOU DO IT, NO YOU DO IT, on this thread...

Anyway, I asked and got bumped up a level of support... And was told that NO, they would not support an Android App on BlackBerry...

If anyone else is interested in trying, here's the number: 1-888-280-3321
    This to me is no surprise at all. I guess (for me) the question is do they care if/how I downloaded it or not?
    southlander likes this.
    11-19-13 09:26 PM
    If Amazon is making money, I suspect they won't care. It works for them. They make money, and don't have to offer support.

But will they make money?

If I had to guess, Amazon is not the source of most of these apks floating around.
    11-19-13 09:31 PM
    This to me is no surprise at all. I guess (for me) the question is do they care if/how I downloaded it or not?
    What about the developers?

Today, on CB, there was a thread in which one member helped another procure a paid apk. To "try" it out.

How do we ensure the developers don't get screwed?
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-19-13 09:34 PM
    I doubt they care. Otherwise Google would have been all over BlackBerry already is my guess... It's worth remembering that Google is mainly a software company, not hardware. Why would they care if their OS is distributed by Samsung? Or HTC? Or BlackBerry? No matter what, they're an 'eyeball' company so the hardware manufacturer is irrelevant.

Just like Windows on the desktop. Do they really care if it's Dell, HP, Samsung or Toshiba? No, obviously not.

I think when it comes to Android apps and BlackBerry, it's up to the individual developer, especially for paid apps. I can't imagine any of the smaller developers caring about the platform or hardware of the individual user. So long as they pay for the app.
    moody likes this.
    11-19-13 09:35 PM
    What about the developers?

Today, on CB, there was a thread in which one member helped another procure a paid apk. To "try" it out.

How do we ensure the developers don't get screwed?
    Seriously? That's a much bigger question for the Android community where piracy is just as rampant on BlackBerry.

Given that BlackBerry represents less than 2% of the market and Samsung dominates, where do you think the bigger Piracy issue is of importance?

Seriously. What a silly question on this forum. Why don't you head over to Android Central and pose the same question.
    11-19-13 09:37 PM
    I have to admit it's funny that ethics, legality, and a whole bunch of other stuff are being debated in this thread.

So we all turn a blind eye on the fact that this os was illegally distributed and installed?
    JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-19-13 09:49 PM
    I have to admit it's funny that ethics, legality, and a whole bunch of other stuff are being debated in this thread.

So we all turn a blind eye on the fact that this os was illegally distributed and installed?
    Absolutely. And same for all the 'piracy' of Android apps, etc. We're all hypocrites, I hate all this 'holier than thou' talk!
    11-19-13 09:52 PM

Someone could lose their job for leaking it LOL.

As the the BB world turns...

Very informative thread.
    JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-19-13 09:53 PM
    Absolutely. And same for all the 'piracy' of Android apps, etc. We're all hypocrites, I hate all this 'holier than thou' talk!
    I'm not a hypocrite, I know I'm stealing. Doesn't make it right

I don't try to justify it or make excuses either.
    Tre Lawrence and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 09:58 PM
    Someone could lose their job for leaking it LOL.

As the the BB world turns...

Very informative thread.
    Good thing it wasn't one of the 9500, otherwise the "beta" os section would die
    11-19-13 09:59 PM

Heh. Same here.
    11-19-13 10:00 PM

Why are you here? You're like those hypocrites at BBRY... calling folks pirates...

LOL.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 10:00 PM
    Good thing it wasn't one of the 9500, otherwise the "beta" os section would die
    Ha! I suspect leaking stuff is something BBRY values. Just a guess.

Can't wait to see how this pans out. Should be interesting. Maybe BB10 is Android after all.
    11-19-13 10:04 PM
    We're jumping the gun here if we think that the new runtime is in there so that users can direct install APKs from wherever they want. BlackBerry hasn't come out to clearly state their intentions with it are. We know that initially the runtime was there as an easy way for Android developers to get their apps onto a BlackBerry. Who knows what they plan on doing with the expanded capabilities of the runtime in 10.2. Just cause it has the ability to do something, doesn't mean it will be officially used or sanctioned.
    Uh why did you cut off the end of my quote which in a roundabout way said the same thing you just did

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-19-13 10:05 PM
    Why are you here? You're like those hypocrites at BBRY... calling folks pirates...

LOL.
    Sept 19 is the only acceptable day to call someone a pirate

Welcome to the Official site for Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
    Tre Lawrence and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 10:08 PM
    Got an email from Amazon:
    -----

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble using the Amazon Appstore for Android on your device. I've done some research, and I've confirmed that the device you're using isn't compatible with Amazon Appstore for Android. So, you won't be able to use Amazon Appstore or its associated apps on your device.

For support regarding this issue, please contact your device's manufacturer:

Contact BlackBerry Support - Online Resources - Call BlackBerry - US

The content we offer through Amazon Appstore depends on our agreements with content owners. To help you, I have taken this email and have forwarded it to our Amazon Appstore development team to bring this device request to their attention. I hope this will help expand our services to more platforms in the future!

Thanks for your interest in Amazon Appstore. We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
    Kiriti V
    11-19-13 10:09 PM
    Ha! I suspect leaking stuff is something BBRY values. Just a guess.

Can't wait to see how this pans out. Should be interesting. Maybe BB10 is Android after all.
    I'm sure they "unofficially" support the leaks. We find stuff they never would (bugs, glitches, etc).

Strange things happen with this leak, I opened a pdf attachment through an email and Qpdf started not adobe reader. Downloaded a zip file through the browser and when I clicked it, ghost commander opened.
    11-19-13 10:13 PM
    As a side note, Amazon is where most of my business goes. Unmatched customer service. They are always so prompt.
    Why are you here? LOL.

Doesn't matter what BBRY and Amazon say. It's our duty to help developers, uh, monetize by, uh, testing their Android apps. Freely.
    bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 10:13 PM
    -----

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble using the Amazon Appstore for Android on your device. I've done some research, and I've confirmed that the device you're using isn't compatible with Amazon Appstore for Android. So, you won't be able to use Amazon Appstore or its associated apps on your device.

The content we offer through Amazon Appstore depends on our agreements with content owners. To help you, I have taken this email and have forwarded it to our Amazon Appstore development team to bring this device request to their attention. I hope this will help expand our services to more platforms in the future!

Best regards,
    Kiriti V
    So, you won't be able to use Amazon Appstore or its associated apps on your device.

Not true at all! Amazon Appstore works just fine, as do the apps, I just won't get support apparently.
    bekkay and southlander like this.
    11-19-13 10:14 PM
    -----

Hello,

Best regards,
    Kiriti V
    So it isn't officially supported.
    Wow, what a surprise....
    I hope you get a follow up Email from the app store team.

Can we consider the myth of Amazon counting BB10 devices as phones being part of the Android brigade as busted now?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:15 PM
1,792 ... 4849505152 ...