It is not required to own a BlackBerry device to post in the BlackBerry forums. It is also not required to own an Android device to post in Android Central. Go ahead if you like.
    I only have time enough to belong to blackberry forums of which I am also a member over at N4bb.com. I'm here for my berry insight.

I get my news on iOS , Android ,Windows phone from blogs. Don't have time to participate in other forums.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:56 PM
    I only have time enough to belong to blackberry forums of which I am also a member over at N4bb.com. I'm here for my berry insight.

I get my news on iOS , Android ,Windows phone from blogs. Don't have time to participate in other forums.
    This may come as a surprise to you, but others are not you.
    JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 07:58 PM
    Now that I think about it, a CrackBerry post about this whole issue would be awesome as well.
    They would just need to ask Amazon and Alec Saunders and then compare the answers.

Would one of the Ambassadors posting in here, be willing to suggest that?
    It's apparently an important question to ask for the community, going by the page count of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay, JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 07:59 PM
    I'm sure the BBRY execs on Twitter would love to field the question.

They have already gone on the record though.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 11-19-13 at 08:18 PM.
    11-19-13 08:00 PM
    And here is where we hope BlackBerry has a plan. We have to remember this is just the first stable leak of 2.1. Will they have an android app store? Will bbworld have more android apps? Anyone's guess right now

Sent from my Z30
    Hope is something you use when there is nothing tangible to grasp.

I need BlackBerry to survive. It will impact my job negatively if they don't.

Blackberry's plan? Using another vendor ecosystem to prop up your own sounds like desperation, not hope.

If that's the plan, its risky.

If a user wants Android, they buy Samsung. In developing nations they buy the cheaper Android handsets.

The question is, does the common consumer really need to buy Blackberry to run Android, or do they just need Android.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 08:04 PM
    I'm sure the BBRY execs on Twitter would love to field the question.

They have adjust give on the record though.
    Do some of you remember the Twitter posts from BlackBerry about BB10 coming to the PlayBook that got deleted afterwards?
    I never believed them, but for me, they lost their credibility completely at that point in time.

Then they had the BBM launch debacle and a BBM Twitter account that was completely useless with no infos being pushed out to the public.
    Didn't help to restore their credibility.

That's why I really hope we get some serious answers from them, not coming through Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-19-13 08:06 PM
    Oh, you have nearly 1700 posts and don't know how to use the forum tools? Click on the username and see what devices he/she listed as current devices. Simple as that.
    The app doesn't list that(devices).... and some of us only use the cb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and missing_K-W like this.
    11-19-13 08:06 PM
    The app doesn't list that.... and some of us only use the cb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    The app needs an update. But yesterday already...
    No PMs, no polls, no ignoring and I am sure lots of other stuff is missing too.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay, grover5 and southlander like this.
    11-19-13 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    All of that is a personal choice, and totally irrelevant to the forum rules.
    bekkay, JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 08:08 PM
    The app doesn't list that.... and some of us only use the cb10 app.
    Fair enough.

In any case, it's none of missing_K-W's business whether I have a BB10 device or not. Not his, not anyone else's.

If my ownership of certain devices concerns somebody, I suggest taking up with the mods.
    11-19-13 08:09 PM
    The app doesn't list that(devices).... and some of us only use the cb10 app.

Posted via CB10
    Then your bad. Simple. The information is available. What you choose to use is irrelevant.

Sure is a lot of excuses being passed around.
    bekkay, JeepBB and missing_K-W like this.
    11-19-13 08:09 PM
    The app needs an update. But yesterday already...
    No PMs, no polls, no ignoring and I am sure lots of other stuff is missing too.

Posted via CB10
    Yes + 1000

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 08:10 PM
    Looking back at the first few pages of this thread, it's hilarious that it's still going considering most people mocked the OP...
    southlander likes this.
    11-19-13 08:26 PM
    It's absolutely ridiculous to even think that the improved "sideloading" addresses the app gap issue in any meaningful way. It may make the "sideloading" experience better for folks like Crackberrians, but for the majority, it's moot.

1. There is no native support for Google Play or any other major Android store. You'll need to search for APKs.
    2. There will be potentially limited functionality and UIX inconsistencies of "sideloaded"/unofficial apps.
    3. There will be no direct updates (vulnerability patches, enhancements, new features, etc.). You will always have to look for updated versions of the APK.
    4. There will be no official support from the developer.
    5. It is still illegal to "sideload" without the developer's permission. So, you still have the problem of potential copyright infringement and source app store policy violation.
    I'm late to this thread but...

1. There's no native support for Google Play but there is 'support' for other Android Stores in that they work on BB 10.2.1 (Amazon, etc)
    2. That's certainly true of Android apps on Q10 devices, not so much for Z10/Z30.
    3. I installed 1Mobile and Amazon App Store and I get update notifications for apps (Simpsons Tapped Out, Kobo, etc)
    4. Depends on the developer. Is it a paid app or free?
    5. Copyright infringement and source app store policy violations are not a concern. Or no more a concern than they are for anyone who illegally installs Windows on their PC, or a torrented Movie or TV Show, etc...
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 08:33 PM
    Fair enough.

In any case, it's none of missing_K-W's business whether I have a BB10 device or not. Not his, not anyone else's.

If my ownership of certain devices concerns somebody, I suggest taking up with the mods.
    I thought your input on the forums was from the perspective of a BB10 user. That's why I was surprised when I found out you don't even have a BB10 device. That's all . I just look at your posts differently now. Nothing personal. Just a take on perspective and where it comes from
    11-19-13 08:45 PM
    I thought your input on the forums was from the perspective of a BB10 user. That's why I was surprised when I found out you don't even have a BB10 device. That's all . I just look at your posts differently now. Nothing personal. Just a take on perspective and where it comes from
    Good. I am glad you've learned something new today.
    11-19-13 08:47 PM
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 08:50 PM
    I've got a question in to Amazon as well.

Posted via CB10
    How did you word it sir?
    bekkay likes this.
    11-19-13 08:53 PM
    I have no issues and never had issues with users who support other platforms that post in the forums. My only issue is that when I take the input of a forumer mistaking them for being a BB10/Blackberry user. It's a matter of perspective and is very important to myself and surely others
    11-19-13 08:56 PM
    This may come as a surprise to you, but others are not you.
    I can only surmise from KWs comment that he's busy and only has time for what is important to him... his BB. I am somewhat similar.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 08:56 PM
    I can only surmise from KWs comment that he's busy and only has time for what is important to him... his BB. I am somewhat similar.
    And you can't surmise from my post that other people have different preferences and it's kind of silly to project one's own preferences onto others? Oh, well...
    11-19-13 08:59 PM
    I have nothing useful to add other than I absolutely love where this thread has gone
    bekkay, JeepBB and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-19-13 09:01 PM
    And you can't surmise from my post that other people have different preferences and it's kind of silly to project one's own preferences onto others? Oh, well...
    Just a very friendly and gentle sentiment here sir... you are very much pushing the boundaries of haughtiness and holier than though (IMHO). You do come off sounding just a tad bit like a "know it all". I'm only sharing my observation as you have been sadly condescending to a fair few people here. People who also have a right to an opinion that does not have to fall in line with yours.
    Just sharing an observation. You are no better than anyone else here.
    11-19-13 09:08 PM
    I have nothing useful to add other than I absolutely love where this thread has gone
    Oh STOP.

I just called Amazon as I got sick of the YOU DO IT, NO YOU DO IT, on this thread...

Anyway, I asked and got bumped up a level of support... And was told that NO, they would not support an Android App on BlackBerry...

If anyone else is interested in trying, here's the number: 1-888-280-3321
    11-19-13 09:09 PM
    Oh STOP.

I just called Amazon as I got sick of the YOU DO IT, NO YOU DO IT, on this thread...

Anyway, I asked and got bumped up a level of support... And was told that NO, they would not support an Android App on BlackBerry...

If anyone else is interested in trying, here's the number: 1-888-280-3321
    Thanks. I will be reporting back when I get my response.

I guess Amazon CS will have a hard time with CrackBerry users bombarding them with the same request
    h20work and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-13 09:13 PM
1,792 ... 4748495051 ...