I asked if it is Ok I download their appstore on my BlackBerry z30 to buy and dpwbload apps

Sent from my Z30
    I understand that, but expect the response to come from a low tier CS representative rather than from a person/department that has the authority and expertise to answer your question.

I was wondering if you could follow up and refer to the ToS and specifically to the line that says:

"Apps can be used only on mobile devices that use the Android platform"
    11-19-13 06:46 PM
    I understand that, but expect the response to come from a low tier CS representative rather than from a person/department that has the authority and expertise to answer your question.
    A sale is a sale. I doubt amazon or the developers care.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:47 PM

I was wondering if you could follow up and refer to the ToS and specifically to the line that says:

Amazon can refer to their own tos. I'm doing them a favor buy BUYING apps from them. You honestly think they care I'm running it on a android virtual environment?

Sent from my Z30
    11-19-13 06:49 PM
    A sale is a sale. I doubt amazon or the developers care.
    You doubt. That's the key part.
    JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 06:50 PM
    Amazon can refer to their own tos. I'm doing them a favor buy BUYING apps from them. You honestly think they care I'm running it on a android virtual environment?
    Their sales department may not care, but the legal department may actually want to look into that and amend their ToS.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-19-13 06:51 PM
    Their sales department may not care, but the legal department may actually want to look into that and amend their ToS.
    Then I will leave that up to them. It's not my job to tell them their own terms of service.

Sent from my Z30
    11-19-13 06:52 PM
    Then I will leave that up to them. It's not my job to tell them their own terms of service.

Sent from my Z30
    OK, I guess you are OK receiving a response that satisfies you. I was just thinking that you wanted to remove all doubt.
    11-19-13 06:54 PM
    OK, I guess you are OK receiving a response that satisfies you. I was just thinking that you wanted to remove all doubt.
    By all means go try and get an email that satisfies you if you like

Sent from my Z30
    11-19-13 06:56 PM
    By all means go try and get an email that satisfies you if you like
    Sorry, I thought you needed a definite answer more than I do. After all, I don't own a BB10 device and am not planning to purchase one in a foreseeable future.
    11-19-13 06:58 PM
    Sorry, I thought you needed a definite answer more than I do. After all, I don't own a BB10 device and am not planning to purchase one in a foreseeable future.
    Are you seriously saying the answer that amazon gives me which clearly asks whether it's Ok I download their app store and apps on my BlackBerry is not definitive? Give it a rest man

Sent from my Z30
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-19-13 07:00 PM
    Are you seriously saying the answer that amazon gives me which clearly asks whether it's Ok I download their app store and apps on my BlackBerry is not definitive? Give it a rest man

Sent from my Z30
    Yes, that's what I think.

You will most probably get an answer from non-LEGAL department that, by definition, cannot address you question.
    11-19-13 07:02 PM
    Yes, that's what I think.

You will most probably get an answer not from the LEGAL department that, by definition, cannot address you question.
    If they cannot address it then they will not give me an answer and it will be forwarded to someone who can. That's how these things work.

Sent from my Z30
    missing_K-W and bradu1 like this.
    11-19-13 07:06 PM
    If they cannot address it then they will not give me an answer and it will be forwarded to someone who can. That's how these things work.

Sent from my Z30
    OK. I've done that for you, guys.

======
    Hello. I am using a Blackberry Z10, which is a BB10 device (non-Android). The phone is able to run Android apps in a virtual machine though.

I was wondering if you could consult with your legal department to clarify whether it is permissible to run Android apps acquired through Amazon app store on a non-Android device.

I just went over Amazon Appstore for Android Terms of Use and noticed the general requirements that state the following:

11-19-13 07:10 PM
    Will get back as soon as I hear anything from them.
    11-19-13 07:12 PM

======
    Hello. I am using a Blackberry Z10, which is a BB10 device (non-Android). The phone is able to run Android apps in a virtual machine though.

I was wondering if you could consult with your legal department to clarify whether it is permissible to run Android apps acquired through Amazon app store on a non-Android device.

I just went over Amazon Appstore for Android Terms of Use and noticed the general requirements that state the following:

That wasn't so hard. But you did kinda lie. You don't have a bb10 phone

Sent from my Z30
    You doubt. That's the key part.
    Thanks for clarifying what was already stated.

Posted via CB10
    That wasn't so hard. But you did kinda lie. You don't have a bb10 phone

Sent from my Z30
    OK, I am ready to burn in hell for that.
    11-19-13 07:14 PM

======

It might be the correct answer. But as you already pointed out in anticipation of a different answer, it's first level and the canned response. The real question might be would amazon ever care enough to try to stop it or discourage it. I doubt they would. There's that word again.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    11-19-13 07:15 PM
    Wow. for someone who doesn't support the platform you sure spend a lot of time here. Wouldn't your time be better served here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/

Posted via CB10
    geoffsdad and Dave Bourque like this.
    11-19-13 07:16 PM
    It might be the correct answer. But as you already pointed out in anticipation of a different answer, it's first level and the canned response. The real question might be would amazon ever care enough to try to stop it or discourage it. I doubt they would. There's that word again.
    Are we not discussing the legality side of the issue? Or do we want to know whether Amazon will care.

In any case, let me repeat. Enterprise users of BB10 phones will care as their are very meticulous as far as legal nuances are concerned.
    11-19-13 07:17 PM
    Wow. for someone who doesn't support the platform you sure spend a lot of time here. Wouldn't your time be better served here:

Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am perfectly capable of knowing what I want and how I want to spend my time.

In other words "Mind your own business"
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    11-19-13 07:18 PM
    Thanks for supporting the BB10 platform Bekkay. Wow. Came as a shock you don't have a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:20 PM
    Are we not discussing the legality side of the issue? Or do we want to know whether Amazon will care.

In any case, let me repeat. Enterprise users of BB10 phones will care as their are very meticulous as far as legal nuances are concerned.
    I was discussing whether they care or not. It looks like you were after legal information. If you really want to know if amazon views it as legal or not you might want to go higher than a chat with customer service. Enterprise users would most likely have locked down devices and would not be pursuing these apps in my opinion. Good luck either way though. It's quite the quest.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:20 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I am perfectly capable of knowing what I want and how I want to spend my time.

In other words "Mind your own business"
    $20 says he gets banned before Christmas. You game?
    bekkay, JeepBB and paper_monkey like this.
    11-19-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks for supporting the BB10 platform Bekkay. Wow. Came as a shock you don't have a BB10 device.

You are most welcome.

By the way, you can see the non-exhaustive list of devices that I currently own under my profile.
    11-19-13 07:25 PM
1,792 ... 4546474849 ...