I've looked all over Verizon and no 10.2.1. Hell, there is no 10.2.anything. How does this help a Verizon employee, who doesn't actually hate BB, sell a phone today? It doesn't. It's a method for fans to work around the shortcomings of their "great" phone.

Until Google developers get pissed and figure out how to stop app piracy.
    How is it piracy when you still have to pay for paid apps? Android is open source knuckle head so offering the ability to utilize android apps is in no way piracy.

Single-finger flickin' fun, on the best virtual keyboard in existence. BlackBerry Zed10
    11-18-13 06:37 PM
    Also as long as:

Developers don't block sideloadV2
    I'm not sure why developers would block an app from running on a specific device. Just out of hate for BlackBerry?

AppStores don't block sideloadV2
    Why should they care?

The runtime stays updated
    That's up to BB, but even if they didn't update the current runtime we'll likely be seeing software that will run on it for years to come.

Apps run perfectly as there will be ZERO support
    About the same level of support that the cheapie knock-off phones that run basic Android elsewhere. They sell in the millions.

BBRY doesn't get a reputation for piracy
    BBRY doesn't get a reputation for insecurity & infection from (shady source) apps
    What they're doing is not illegal or unethical in any way. I will say, though, that yes, this opens the door for BB10 USERS to install pirated APKs. Not sure that this is BB's fault any more than it is any other generic Android handset producer.

As far as security/infection, it's worth noting that the apps are sandboxed, and that QNX has not yet been rooted. Corporations can block APK installs through policy, and in fact converted .BARs are not even allowed to be offered through a BES. There is a lengthy disclaimer that users are faced with every time they install an APK. It's even clear and free of legalese. Users ignore these warnings at their peril.
    11-18-13 06:55 PM
    You said it yourself. Developers will develop apps for a platform that either has a large user base, or that appears to be on its way to having a large user base. WP8 has a small but increasing user base. BlackBerry has a small and dwindling user base, and is perceived to be on its way out. Given that reality, I don't know how BlackBerry can persuade developers to develop for it.

Created with the sleak new BlackBerry Z30
    11-18-13 07:17 PM
    And 10.1, and 10.0 before that. Not even worth mentioning pb 2.1, 2.0, 1.8, etc
    Exactly.

It doesn't make any sense, either. Why would a developer add his/her/their app to BBW with this leak the wild? What is the reasoning?
    jh07 likes this.
    11-18-13 07:31 PM
    How is it piracy when you still have to pay for paid apps? Android is open source knuckle head so offering the ability to utilize android apps is in no way piracy.

Single-finger flickin' fun, on the best virtual keyboard in existence. BlackBerry Zed10
    LOL.
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-18-13 07:32 PM
    Exactly.

It doesn't make any sense, either. Why would a developer add his/her/their app to BBW with this leak the wild? What is the reasoning?
    Saunder's "official response" was the new run time is to make it easier for developers to test their apps before porting them to bb.

Will admit, half of me feels like they are just throwing us a bone before bailing.
    11-18-13 08:04 PM
    Battery life is amazing with this leak

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-img_00001672.png
    11-18-13 08:08 PM
    Saunder's "official response" was the new run time is to make it easier for developers to test their apps before porting them to bb.

Will admit, half of me feels like they are just throwing us a bone before bailing.
    I have a bad feeling this is the case too
    11-18-13 08:16 PM
    Scouring the internet for apk files is not something that little instagram Ashley wants to do. She wants to download it from the store. And get all her apps from the same pre-loaded place
    Little Ashley doesn't have a BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-18-13 08:20 PM
    No one ever stops to think "the most secure platform" has the most security breeches?
    11-18-13 08:26 PM
    Little Ashley doesn't have a BlackBerry.

Correct. And she won't be getting one either as she found out these apps cannot be downloaded through a pre-loaded app store.
    11-18-13 08:27 PM
    Correct. And she won't be getting one either as she found out these apps cannot be downloaded through a pre-loaded app store.
    Enjoy An Android device then or wait for 10.2.1 then visit Amazon app store.

11-18-13 08:53 PM
    I think if you need a million apps then BlackBerry is not for you. I'm quite happy with the apps I have and the ones I have sideloaded.

Microsoft has been trying to perfect Windows since the 90's and people are crapping on BlackBerry after only a few months.

11-18-13 08:59 PM
    I think if you need a million apps then BlackBerry is not for you. I'm quite happy with the apps I have and the ones I have sideloaded.

Microsoft has been trying to perfect Windows since the 90's and people are crapping on BlackBerry after only a few months.

Bb10 has been out for almost 10 months now, hardly "a few"
    jh07 likes this.
    11-18-13 09:02 PM
    It's easy to tell that the same people that can't be bothered to read through the posts
    are also the ones that seem to believe everything they read in the media.
    If you did the research you'd see that BlackBerry isn't going away.

My question to all you faint at heart is....
    Why do you bother staying with BlackBerry?
    You guys should get together and start your own company. You obviously can do a better job then they can.
    I say go for it! Then when you fail you'll only have yourselves to complain to.

Of course the main downside would be doing something constructive instead of whining!

Ya know, forget it. It'll be safer for everyone if you remain right here doing what you do best!
    canuckvoip and lynxs_claw like this.
    11-18-13 09:02 PM
    It's easy to tell that the same people that can't be bothered to read through the posts

You guys should get together and start your own company. You obviously can do a better job then they can.

Of course the main downside would be doing something constructive instead of whining!

Ya know, forget it. It'll be safer for everyone if you remain right here doing what you do best!
    Helps if we know who you are taking about.
    11-18-13 09:08 PM

Don't know if y'all are kidding or not, but I am leaning towards this.

Doing this MAKES no sense if BBRY's goal is to remain in the consumer space and continue spitting out devices. I fail to see how it increases (or even maintains) its current rate of sales. I fail to see how it supposedly makes developers come to BBW. In fact, even if an agreement is reached, the ONLY entity that seems to benefit is Google.
    11-18-13 09:12 PM

If you got rid of people you don't like, who would populate the Armchair CEO forum? CB needs us, or they'd have to shut down a whole section.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-18-13 09:15 PM

Doing this MAKES no sense if BBRY's goal is to remain in the consumer space and continue spitting out devices. I fail to see how it increases (or even maintains) its current rate of sales. I fail to see how it supposedly makes developers come to BBW. In fact, even if an agreement is reached, the ONLY entity that seems to benefit is Google.
    How doesnt it make it easier? I think thats the better question. Submitting an unmodified APK which can be managed along with every other android device sure sounds a lot better than porting an APK to BAR file and then submitting it and then submitting separate updates. You're gonna have to explain this one.
    11-18-13 09:16 PM
    Bb10 has been out for almost 10 months now, hardly "a few"
    6 months here, no time at all

11-18-13 09:16 PM
    Battery life is amazing with this leak

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001672.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	222149
    how many apps do you have open?
    11-18-13 09:18 PM

That was Alec's response with the new run time.

I joke a lot but I don't think any good will come from this. Sure we cb geeks can get apps now (some work), but it's not likely to help BlackBerry World grow in any way.

Honestly it feels oddly similar to the playbook and 2.0/2.1. "C'mon guy, it's all good! Nothings wrong, we love you" (said in the sadam voice from south park)
    11-18-13 09:22 PM
    In a perfect world I'd love for the Android apps to run flawlessly, but as of right now many don't work very well. Let's see what happens with the next os leak

Sent from my Z30
    Wow.

What happened to 'So now that the App Gap is gone...'?
    11-18-13 09:32 PM
    Wow.

What happened to 'So now that the App Gap is gone...'?
    For many of us it is closed. For people that come here to complain will never be happy.

Sent from my Z30
    11-18-13 09:36 PM
    how many apps do you have open?
    Only the browser. I hate active frames, as I've said since day one. Here's what happened since then, only using bbm groups with the browser in the background

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-img_00001675.png
    11-18-13 09:37 PM
1,792 ... 3637383940 ...