IMHO OP did not create a troll thread. It occurs to me that it may be viewed that way by some though. It has been distorted by bashing.
    Asking for complaints as the topic of the thread, then said requested complaints are considered to make the thread "distorted by bashing" by you. Interesting.
    11-17-13 09:53 PM
    Hmm that's interesting. I would assume with the ability to simply load the apk without any conversion would make it literally as simple as porting an app to BB World. Support is another thing, but they should be able to push out updates and manage their app since it is "technically" running in an Android environment.
    Well no, thats not porting at all. Thats just submitting their android app to bbworld as if it were say the amazon store etc. No modifications. They dont need to port anymore.
    11-17-13 09:54 PM
    Great point, ultimately is an easier way of side loading. All of us that were side loading before now can enjoy better (though not as good as native) app experiences. It felt pretty good searching for apps in 1 Mobile and Amazon and the app actually showed up lol. While I hope this isn't a long term BB solution, its good for the side loading community.
    Somehow I still cannot call this new method sideloading. It's a direct install.
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:54 PM
    Okay let's say that the app gap is now closed, but what will happen if Google decides to drop dalvik for future android releases? Will bb10+ incorporate googles new runtime then, or will another app gap be created?
    11-17-13 09:55 PM
    Asking for complaints as the topic of the thread, then said requested complaints are considered to make the thread "distorted by bashing" by you. Interesting.
    There's a difference between asking what the next complaint about bb10 is versus just plain bashing, which is what happened in this thread.
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:56 PM
    Okay let's say that the app gap is now closed, but what will happen if Google decides to drop dalvik for future android releases? Will bb10+ incorporate googles new runtime then, or will another app gap be created?
    Lets do one hypothetical at a time...
    11-17-13 09:56 PM
    It is interesting. Thunderbuck, for instance, is on the other side of the aisle from me on this. He lays his points, strongly and otherwise, without leveling accusations or name calling at forumites.

That's how it should be, IMHO. The "T" word is becoming a desperate substitute for reasoned debate.
    True, I've discussed this with Thunderbuck. I think he is one absolute nut-case off-his-rocker stock-holding dreamer, but he doesn't insult people, and his posts have content. Though i may find his posts maddening in their detachment from reality (in my opinion), he comes here to discuss honestly the topics, and with some thoughtfulness and direct response (not playing games with semantics) and I cannot fault that - it is, in fact what I think a forum is for....for people of varying views to discuss topics.
    11-17-13 09:57 PM
    I don't doubt you have the experience and never stated I did. However, regardless of how much experience you have, your statement is still an example of anecdotal evidence.

Anecdotal evidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note the line that says: "This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims"
    Thank you for educating me. I do hope you don't use Wikipedia when you are researching anything important.

However, you tend to dismiss any anectdotal evidence as false or unimportant any time it disagrees with what you say. In this instance what I am saying, I have a fairly large sample size, surely more than what most surveys use to come up with facts. At no point am I saying these 89 dollar tablets are going to be stealing customers from apple or Samsung. It's a completely different customer base. However, there will be hundred of thousands sold out on black Friday. My stores will be selling them, my competitors will, the discount stores down the street will, walmart and sears will, and starting last year, even the grocery stores were. Trust me, that's a lot of 'no-name' tablets without Google Play being sold.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    11-17-13 10:00 PM
    There's a difference between asking what the next complaint about bb10 is versus just plain bashing, which is what happened in this thread.
    Please define "plain bashing" in the context of this thread.
    11-17-13 10:01 PM
    Please define "plain bashing" in the context of this thread.
    Honestly, i don't feel like sifting through 800 posts at the moment. What i really want is someone to answer my question from a few posts up, its more relevant to this thread and 10.2.1 capabilities.
    11-17-13 10:02 PM
    Fair enough.
    11-17-13 10:04 PM
    I have a question. Would a dev submitting an APK to BBworld vs a converted APK to BAR be able to manage their app just as if it were an APK on android? Would this save them the trouble of having to manage another platform?
    I think that is the ultimate goal. In order to woo developers to come on to BlackBerry. Then hopefully as apps show up, market share will increase, hopefully to the point it is worth it for developers to build native. This is all conjecture on my part. Will it happen? Who knows? I hope so. If it does, it will be a long way down the road. And this method will make that road a little less bumpy.

playbookster likes this.
    11-17-13 10:05 PM
    Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    I think the bottomline is there will always be complaints. Expectations in the mobile device world are high because new devices are constantly coming out. IMHO complaints are important to consider but the more important thing to consider is whether or not the complaint will drive the consumer away from BlackBerry.

Example: Q10 not having speed dial from home screen from launch is absurd. Okay, noted. We now know it's being fixed. Would anybody leave their Q10 they want for the keyboard to go to say Apple that has no keyboard just cause they can't speed dial? Maybe a few out of spite, but most would prefer a keyboard without speed dial than no keyboard at all.

So there's an example where it's more important to understand which complaints differentiate customer retention versus customer loss.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-17-13 10:07 PM
    I think the bottomline is there will always be complaints. Expectations in the mobile device world are high because new devices are constantly coming out. IMHO complaints are important to consider but the more important thing to consider is whether or not the complaint will drive the consumer away from BlackBerry.

Example: Q10 not having speed dial from home screen from launch is absurd. Okay, noted. We now know it's being fixed. Would anybody leave their Q10 they want for the keyboard to go to say Apple that has no keyboard just cause they can't speed dial? Maybe a few out of spite, but most would prefer a keyboard without speed dial than no keyboard at all.

So there's an example where it's more important to understand which complaints differentiate customer retention versus customer loss.

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    Aww!!! What happened to the dog!?!?

11-17-13 10:10 PM
    When they officially switch over, the apps that are there won't stop functioning. That would be suicide for Google. Upset both the consumers and the developers. My understanding is that there is already a working leak of the ART out and about. Kris Simundson tweeted a photo and said how great it was.

Now, the part that strikes me as funny and probably means absolutely nothing, is they're switching from Dalvik to Android Run Time. What do we call our android player quite often? Android Run Time. How funny would it be if BlackBerry was making an Android Run Time for Google? Maybe that's what the meeting were about? Someone call the National Enquirer!! I have a story for them.

(before I'm bashed, that last part was pure comedy)

11-17-13 10:15 PM
    Thank you for educating me. I do hope you don't use Wikipedia when you are researching anything important.

However, you tend to dismiss any anectdotal evidence as false or unimportant any time it disagrees with what you say. In this instance what I am saying, I have a fairly large sample size, surely more than what most surveys use to come up with facts. At no point am I saying these 89 dollar tablets are going to be stealing customers from apple or Samsung. It's a completely different customer base. However, there will be hundred of thousands sold out on black Friday. My stores will be selling them, my competitors will, the discount stores down the street will, walmart and sears will, and starting last year, even the grocery stores were. Trust me, that's a lot of 'no-name' tablets without Google Play being sold.

No, I use Wikipedia for certain audiences It's easier for them to digest.

Anyway, you claimed that no-name tablet owners represent the average tablet user and that no-name tablets outsell brand name tablets. Based on YOUR sales observations.

If you're talking about profit or sales dollars of these companies, sure, no one beats an apple or Samsung. But if you think that there are more ipads sold on black Friday than these brands I posted above, I've got to laugh.
    The reality is that ~70% of all tablets sold worldwide over last few quarters are by the top 5 OEMs (based on stats reported by various credible sources). And that doesn't include other established brands either.
    11-17-13 10:16 PM
    No, I use Wikipedia for certain audiences.

Anyway, you claimed that no-name tablet owners represent the average tablet user and that no-name tablets outsell brand name tablets. Based on YOUR sales observations.

The reality is that ~70% of all tablets sold worldwide are by the top 5 OEMs.
    I'm in no position to be doing research right now. I can tell you I believe you are looking at sales dollars vs sold units. Also, I'd like to see who actually makes these tablets, because they're probably actually produced by someone like Asus. Sylvania, Craig, I'm trying to remember all the 'brands' I've sold, you pop off the branded box, and they're all the same exact unit, just branded differently for whoever is selling them. Sometimes they will even have that brand silk screened on the body somewhere, usually they won't.

11-17-13 10:24 PM
    I'm in no position to be doing research right now. I can tell you I believe you are looking at sales dollars vs sold units. Also, I'd like to see who actually makes these tablets, because they're probably actually produced by someone like Asus. Sylvania, Craig, I'm trying to remember all the 'brands' I've sold, you pop off the branded box, and they're all the same exact unit, just branded differently for whoever is selling them. Sometimes they will even have that brand silk screened on the body somewhere, usually they won't.

You believe? LOL.

"Shipments in millions" and "2Q13 Unit Shipments"

No, I am talking about unit shipments.

Edit:

Sylvania = Funai Electric Company
    Craig Electornics is just Craig Electornics.
    11-17-13 10:27 PM
    The way I (just little old me now...) view the OP was that it's a quick look into the future. By that I mean "when this OS is released with this feature", the perceived/actual app gap situation will "be" gone if allowed to flourish. That's just my interpretation and I cannot/will not put words in OPs mouth.
    Then, a positive ( heaven forbid such a horrid thing) post gets machine gunned and the inevitable and obvious happens. Nice.
    Not.
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 10:28 PM
    You believe? LOL.

"Shipments in millions" and "2Q13 Unit Shipments"

No, I am talking about unit shipments.
    I'm not going to make a statement of fact if I don't have the facts. So yes, 'I believe'

Please, share a link.

11-17-13 10:28 PM
    The app gap is being closed and will close. Some just can't handle/ accept that.

I'm 100% for android app support.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:29 PM
    The way I (just little old me now...) view the OP was that it's a quick look into the future. By that I mean "when this OS is released with this feature", the perceived/actual app gap situation will "be" gone if allowed to flourish. That's just my interpretation and I cannot/will not put words in OPs mouth.
    Then, a positive ( heaven forbid such a horrid thing) post gets machine gunned and the inevitable and obvious happens. Nice.
    Not.
    That is exactly what i was doing. Obviously people who do not have 10.2.1 and an android store still have the app gap issue. I figured people would understand this. lol
    missing_K-W and canuckvoip like this.
    11-17-13 10:30 PM
    That is exactly what i was doing. Obviously people who do not have 10.2.1 and an android store still have the app gap issue. I figured people would understand this. lol
    They don't like reason. So stop it

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:31 PM
    I'm not going to make a statement of fact if I don't have the facts. So yes, 'I believe'

Please, share a link.

Here. Just for starters:

Chart of the day: Amazon beats Samsung in U.S. tablet sales - Apple 2.0 -Fortune Tech

and

http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24253413
    11-17-13 10:36 PM
    I'm running 1055 and unfortunately when I am on a file (a picture for example) I cannot "share" it to the APK apps.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-17-13 10:39 PM
1,792 ... 3132333435 ...