Developers have been coming on board. Do you read CB? They just haven't been coming as fast as anyone wants. If this makes it easier for them to come, fine. And we're heading to a place where it will be seamless to the user if it is an android app or a native app. 2 android apps I've side loaded before this latest leak actually run smoother on my BB10 than they did on my android tablets. Now, these apps don't use Google services, but at the rate we're going it's only a matter of time.

Do you have a BB10 device and an Android device? Load up fitbit and myfitnesspal. You'll be surprised at how much smoother these android apps run on BB10 than on android.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Yes I read CB, but not daily. I am a multiplatform user.

But are these developers coming on board because you guys have Android support? Or are they coming on board because BB10 is gaining enough of a user base for them to actually consider it?

BlackBerry has to license the Google services. Google services are not open source. Think about Amazons platform. I highly doubt Google will allow BlackBerry users to have the same Google experience as Android users until they themselves release their services in BB World.

I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Z10.
    11-17-13 07:43 PM
    Thanks for the example. BBM on Android has such a different UX. It just is so plain BlackBerry.

And, please, do go over top apps for iOS and Android and see if you notice any difference.
    Well, mainly im talking about games I had on android and iOS. Well, I guess on android little monsters had android statues you could buy. And FYI, I had those games to play with my stepdaughter. And with my BB10, I still have them. :-)

Undbiter65 and missing_K-W like this.
    11-17-13 07:43 PM
    Try temple run. See much of a difference? Subway Surfers? Candy Crush? They honestly look the same. The android look/feel is minimal. And your argument makes no sense. I dislike Android. Not the apps. However only way to get the apps on my phone is through Android runtime. It's either side load and get a bit of Android ui or get a phone which is full android. Easy choice for someone who dislikes Android. I tolerate that they were made for Android because I want the app. How is that so hard to understand?

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    Games tend to make UI elements as minimal as possible. Look at other apps. Evernote, Pandora, Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp, Amazon, Kindle, etc. for iOS and Android. You will see how different they are.
    avt123 and bobauckland like this.
    11-17-13 07:49 PM
    Try temple run. See much of a difference? Subway Surfers? Candy Crush? They honestly look the same. The android look/feel is minimal. And your argument makes no sense. I dislike Android. Not the apps.
    Those are games which have minimal OS design influence in general.

My argument makes perfect sense. You dislike the OS but like the apps made for the OS which have the same design elements as the OS. HOLO theme.

You can say the UI is minimal all you want. It still looks, feels and IS an Android theme (HOLO) on your BB10 device.

However only way to get the apps on my phone is through Android runtime. It's either side load and get a bit of Android ui or get a phone which is full android. Easy choice for someone who dislikes Android. I tolerate that they were made for Android because I want the app.
    Dislikes Android but can deal with apps designed for Android. Wants nothing to do with Android but will settle with the apps because your platform doesn't offer it.

How is that so hard to understand?
    It's not hard. I completely understand what you are saying. It's not rocket science. I have understood from the beginning.

Maybe it is you who is the one who doesn't understand.
    11-17-13 07:52 PM
    Games tend to make UI elements as minimal as possible. Look at other apps. Evernote, Pandora, Facebook, Skype, WhatsApp, Amazon, Kindle, etc. for iOS and Android. You will see how different they are.
    Perhaps. Which is why I mentioned that I was only applying it to the apps I'd tried. Which is mostly games. The mostly similar ui refuted the dude's argument that replied to me. (can't see his username while replying on the CB app)

missing_K-W likes this.
    11-17-13 07:52 PM
    My argument makes perfect sense. You dislike the OS but like the apps made for the OS which have the same design elements as the OS. HOLO theme.

Dislikes Android but can deal with apps designed for Android. Wants nothing to do with Android but will settle with the apps because your platform doesn't offer it.

It's not hard. I completely understand what you are saying. It's not rocket science. I have understood from the beginning.
    When did I say I wanted nothing to do with Android? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I think the OS is messy and unintuitive. In my opinion. I'd RATHER have BlackBerry 10. I do dislike Android quite a bit. And if there was a BlackBerry 10 tablet I would've bought that. But there isn't.

Also, the apps I have have minimal Android ui.

missing_K-W likes this.
    11-17-13 07:56 PM
    Yes I read CB, but not daily. I am a multiplatform user.

But are these developers coming on board because you guys have Android support? Or are they coming on board because BB10 is gaining enough of a user base for them to actually consider it?

BlackBerry has to license the Google services. Google services are not open source. Think about Amazons platform. I highly doubt Google will allow BlackBerry users to have the same Google experience as Android users until they themselves release their services in BB World.

I have a Galaxy Nexus and a Z10.
    I don't know. Ask game loft. Ask flip board. Could be that they're just doing someone favors? I don't care why, but they're coming, and every time we get a big app in BlackBerry world, that's one more we can cross off the list of the complainers.

11-17-13 08:00 PM
    I had most of those on all my devices. I didnt see that big of a difference in them except for Pandora. Pandora on android blows! So much I never used it on my android devices. And I love Pandora. Love Apollo on BB10 also.

Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:05 PM
    More like saying I hate all GM cars (after driving my brother's Geo for an hour), but I like other branded cars that use GM transmissions.

Oh no... I just did what I detest and used a car analogy to describe smartphone preferences...
    ::Car analogy alarm::
    Whaaaaa? Not you...

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-17-13 08:11 PM
    When did I say I wanted nothing to do with Android?
    Oh I don't know, the constant bashing, calling it messy, saying you'd rather deal with the shortcomings of an Android app on BB10 instead of just using it on Android sounds a hell of a lot like you want nothing to do with Android.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
    Doesn't sound like you like it.

I think the OS is messy and unintuitive. In my opinion. I'd RATHER have BlackBerry 10. I do dislike Android quite a bit. And if there was a BlackBerry 10 tablet I would've bought that. But there isn't.

Also, the apps I have have minimal Android ui.

So you only bought an Android tablet because a BB10 one wasn't available. Again, sounds like you only have Android because you were "forced" to get and really don't want anything to do with it. The way you are bashing Android makes it sound the same way.

Try something other than games and you will see the Android UI all over it.
    11-17-13 08:11 PM
    Oh I don't know, the constant bashing, calling it messy, saying you'd rather deal with the shortcomings of an Android app on BB10 instead of just using it on Android sounds a hell of a lot like you want nothing to do with Android.

So you only bought an Android tablet because a BB10 one wasn't available. Again, sounds like you only have Android because you were "forced" to get and really don't want anything to do with it. The way you are bashing Android makes it sound the same way.

Can't speak for him, but you're describing me to a 'T'. Three android tabs and about 1300 bucks later, no android anymore. And I can still use the apps I bought them for. Woot!

11-17-13 08:16 PM

But it's irrelevant. Your point was that why side load if the Apps have Android all over it. To which I replied that the apps I use don't. Simple.

Also, I think Samsung has potential. They could do wonders without Android. (btw are they making their own OS? I've heard other people say they are. But not sure.)

BB10 is simply the best OS out there at the moment. It is pretty clear they have blown by the competition and the only thing holding them back were apps. With that gone, it is getting increasingly hard to complain. But, complain they will.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    BB10 is simply the best OS out there at the moment. It is pretty clear they have blown by the competition and the only thing holding them back were apps. With that gone, it is getting increasingly hard to complain. But, complain they will.

Posted via CB10
    Too Many APPS!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    11-17-13 08:17 PM
    Too Many APPS!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol!!!!

11-17-13 08:19 PM
    But it's irrelevant. Your point was that why side load if the Apps have Android all over it. To which I replied that the apps I use don't. Simple.

Also, I think Samsung has potential. They could do wonders without Android. (btw are they making their own OS? I've heard other people say they are. But not sure.)

Yes, Samsung really is innovative. I've got samsung blue rays, tv's, cameras, video cameras, windows tab, live what they do with stuff. Just the build quality is so cheap. I'd love to see what they could do with a better os. I bet it would be amazing.

11-17-13 08:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I beg of you... please, please do not use any form of the phrase "blown by/away the competition" LOL.
    11-17-13 08:23 PM
    App heaven for 10.2??? Wowzers!
    11-17-13 08:23 PM
    I had most of those on all my devices. I didnt see that big of a difference in them except for Pandora. Pandora on android blows! So much I never used it on my android devices. And I love Pandora. Love Apollo on BB10 also.

Yes, these apps are practically identical on different platforms:

I am having a very hard time telling which one is which.
    11-17-13 08:30 PM
    And what happens when an app you use does?

The Galaxy Nexus will be the last Samsung smartphone I ever own. Between their cheap build quality, their garbage skins and their blatant stealing, I want nothing to do with their mobile products. Their TVs are beautiful though.

The OS you are thinking about is Tizen, which is also backed by Intel. It may have some potential, but for me it resembles TouchWiz too much and I just cannot stand that skin. The only reason I bought the Galaxy Nexus was because it was pure Android. If it had TouchWiz, I would have ran for the hills lol.
    11-17-13 08:31 PM
    I beg of you... please, please do not use any form of the phrase "blown by/away the competition" LOL.
    "Lepfrogging the competition" is a better term, I guess.
    11-17-13 08:32 PM
    Well the OP got an answer. The trolls will continue to complain about their own perceived legalities of the Android runtime and continue to bash the fan base for using it. I have always sideloaded and will continue to utilize the Android ecosystem as long as it is available. I have always recognized that the app situation is a difficult one. WP recognizes it, as well as the Sailfish developers. I really don't think the average user gives AF what the drama trolls think on Crackberry. BlackBerry is doing what they need to survive in a consumer market. I hope to see further development and the app gap officially closed soon. Then the blackberry leadership and the Crackberry trolls can move onto correcting the next issue.

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Hmm so disagreeing with someone's opinion makes one a troll... well then wouldn't that make you a troll?

Posted via CB10
    avt123 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:33 PM
    And what happens when an app you use does?

The Galaxy Nexus will be the last Samsung smartphone I ever own. Between their cheap build quality, their garbage skins and their blatant stealing, I want nothing to do with their mobile products. Their TVs are beautiful though.

The OS you are thinking about is Tizen, which is also backed by Intel. It may have some potential, but for me it resembles TouchWiz too much and I just cannot stand that skin. The only reason I bought the Galaxy Nexus was because it was pure Android. If it had TouchWiz, I would have ran for the hills lol.
    Depends on the ui really. And how my Z handles it.

And yes, build quality isn't the best. Something they need to work on.

11-17-13 08:38 PM
    Hmm so disagreeing with someone's opinion makes one a troll... well then wouldn't that make you a troll?

Posted via CB10
    Please let's not do this...
    11-17-13 08:41 PM
    Yes, these apps are practically identical on different platforms:

http://i41.tinypic.com/sgkeph.png

I am having a very hard time telling which one is which.
    The top bar bothers you that much? You'd probably hate me on windows computers where I change the color scheme every time I log on to one to suit my mood. :-)

11-17-13 08:41 PM
1,792 ... 2930313233 ...