The awesomeness of BlackBerry 10. And the app availability of Android. (sort of) Slightly better app functionality isn't worth putting up with such a messy Os in my opinion.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    The awesomeness of BB10? Ok, I respect your opinion, BB10 is really cool. But you are going from one half assed solution to the next. You need Android apps because your OS of choice isn't providing said apps. Then, you are getting these apps which do not run in full effect as they would on Android and not supported like they would be for an actual Android device.

We would be stuck with the Android UI. I have used Android before as my brother has an Android device. I could just not live with the UI. It feels like a step backwards after using BB10.

This is an issue of having apps. All BlackBerry is doing is leveraging apps that are currently developed. Why is it so wrong to some to have Android app support?
    Maybe you just never grasped just how to use Android? I move around Android just as fast as I move around BB10. I have apps running in the background that do not require an active frame. I have widgets that provide instant information to anything I want. I don't have to leave the lock screen to get things done. I have complete customization. I can have BB10 features with one quick install.

What makes you move faster through BB10s UI? The gestures?

Why is it wrong to have Android app support? Oh, I don't know...The fact that these apps are put into the Play Store which is native to Android and is a locked down Google app that is not open source.

Sideloading is stealing.

Let's not mention the fact that why the hell would any developer take BB10 development seriously when they can just make it for Android and you can just take it from there? Better and better Android support means less and less BB10 support.

I and I would think most others who bought a BB10 device bought it for BB10 and native BB10 apps. People here cry so much about Android but you are all the first ones in line to get their apps on a BB. The OS sucks, but the apps are good enough for you? It's just hilarious how ridiculous this sounds when said apps run better on the OS that you all thinks sucks but you are willing to deal with the shortcomings.

Yep, sounds just like a BlackBerry users.
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-17-13 07:02 PM
    I wish Yugos had this much variation in design and look:

Beautiful Android Themes, Wallpapers, and Homescreens
    Why? Do you drive one?
    No, it's like saying I don't like that Yugo, so all Yugos are bad.
    Oh wait...
    :>)
    Logically, such a more true statement than the one you were replying to.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Why? Do you drive one?
    Well, according to your analogy, I do
    11-17-13 07:03 PM
    No, it's like saying I don't like that Yugo, so all Yugos are bad.
    Oh wait...
    More like saying I hate all GM cars (after driving my brother's Geo for an hour), but I like other branded cars that use GM transmissions.

Oh no... I just did what I detest and used a car analogy to describe smartphone preferences...
    bekkay and bobauckland like this.
    11-17-13 07:06 PM
    More like saying I hate all GM cars (after driving my brother's Geo for an hour), but I like other branded cars that use GM transmissions.

Oh no... I just did what I detest and used a car analogy to describe smartphone preferences...
    Yeeeeep. We now have a Ferrari (or was it a Porsche?) with a GM transmission
    11-17-13 07:07 PM
    Which Android UI?

I hope you understand that Android is an OS, which may have various UI/UIX implementations OOB and is extremely customizable.
    I have only used stock Android UI's on the Android devices I have used. However to be more specific. It is the UX that I don't care for. Hope this clears that up
    11-17-13 07:09 PM
    As I've been posting within the thread I won't do any moderation here (other mods can pick that up if necessary) but I will remind everyone about forum etiquette and our site rules.

[warn]1. Keep the discussion on topic.
    2. No personal attacks or insults to other members. Discuss the products and services, not the other participants in the thread.
    3. Don't feed the trolls, don't yield to temptation and join a fight. If there's a problem hit the Report tool then stand clear and let the moderators handle it.[/warn]
    11-17-13 07:09 PM
    The awesomeness of BB10? Ok, I respect your opinion, BB10 is really cool. But you are going from one half assed solution to the next. You need Android apps because your OS of choice isn't providing said apps. Then, you are getting these apps which do not run in full effect as they would on Android and not supported like they would be for an actual Android device.

Which shows you how bad of an OS I believe Android to be. My completely biased opinion sure. But then it was just stating my opinion since the start. I dislike Android so much, that I'd rather suffer with limited functionality in apps than the messy Android Os. Again just my opinion. So there is nothing factual here.

11-17-13 07:10 PM

No fair! I didn't start it...
    Oh wait... who cares, I carried over... oops. Anyways, Yugos truly do suck.
    Tre Lawrence and bekkay like this.
    11-17-13 07:11 PM
    Which shows you how bad of an OS I believe Android to be. My completely biased opinion sure. But then it was just stating my opinion since the start. I dislike Android so much, that I'd rather suffer with limited functionality in apps than the messy Android Os. Again just my opinion. So there is nothing factual here.

You did note your opinion, and I respect you for that.
    11-17-13 07:13 PM

Maybe you just never grasped just how to use Android? I move around Android just as fast as I move around BB10. I have apps running in the background that do not require an active frame. I have widgets that provide instant information to anything I want. I don't have to leave the lock screen to get things done. I have complete customization. I can have BB10 features with one quick install.

Why is it wrong to have Android app support? Oh, I don't know...The fact that these apps are put into the Play Store which is native to Android and is a locked down Google app that is not open source.

Sideloading is stealing.

Let's not mention the fact that why the hell would any developer take BB10 development seriously when they can just make it for Android and you can just take it from there? Better and better Android support means less and less BB10 support.

I and I would think most others who bought a BB10 device bought it for BB10 and native BB10 apps. People here cry so much about Android but you are all the first ones in line to get their apps on a BB. The OS sucks, but the apps are good enough for you? It's just hilarious how ridiculous this sounds when said apps run better on the OS that you all thinks sucks but you are willing to deal with the shortcomings.

I had android devices longer than I have had a BB10 device. Actually just got rid of my last android tab a month or so ago... within about 2 weeks (how long it took me to get used to typing on this amazing keyboard) I could run circles around the android machines.

Also, I haven't got any apps off the Google Play store. I got from Amazon app store. Which allows non-google devices. They just want to sell to you. Which I've tried a couple more since I've been in this thread. Still not finding anything great. Oh well.

Personally, I've said it all along, I'm not a major app user. The majority of what I need comes preloaded on my bb's and that's the reason I stuck with legacy devices over Iphones and androids. Now with BB10 I've discovered so much fun stuff. Realistically, I've loaded way more 'fun apps' from BlackBerry world than I ever did on my android devices. I've had to put apps in folders on this Z. Never had to on my androids.

The reason I want the android support is because developers haven't come on board. And the 'typical consumer' wants apps. Well, if they can get them easily, problem solved. And then when I hear another person complain about their laggy phone or tiny screen, I can say, get a BlackBerry.

canuckvoip and Undbiter65 like this.
    11-17-13 07:14 PM

Sideloading is stealing.

Check my post from earlier.

It is a necessity until BlackBerry has reached enough popularity to have popular apps developed by default for BlackBerry as well.

What is missing at the moment despite of the apps is just the integration into notebooks, which is happening at the moment and the the ability to have the UI adjust to the screen size where it is being projected to.

Those are two killer parts of BlackBerry when executed early.... True innovation and USP.

USB Host is the main reason I am getting the Z30 and to see the above stated features applied to it next year.

Then I have no reason to carry my laptop around and will just have my additional screen with me with BT mouse and keyboard I already have all the time.....

When we have true integration into other hardware and can see our phone as the hub of all our gadgets, then BlackBerry has created a new ecosystem which beautifully allows you to move around the world without worrying if you can access something securely or not and you don't have to rely on active Internet connections, since you can use your own

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:19 PM

But if you disliked Android so much wouldn't you stay away from anything associated with it? Like the apps designed for the OS you dislike so much?
    11-17-13 07:19 PM
    The reason I want the android support is because developers haven't come on board. And the 'typical consumer' wants apps. Well, if they can get them easily, problem solved. And then when I hear another person complain about their laggy phone or tiny screen, I can say, get a BlackBerry.

But are developers coming on board? They are already on Android. If you want them to come to BB10, making it easier to use Android apps on a BB device wont make that happen. It is easier for them to just make it for iOS and Android and just have you guys install it from there, no?
    bekkay likes this.
    11-17-13 07:22 PM
    But if you disliked Android so much wouldn't you stay away from anything associated with it? Like the apps designed for the OS you dislike so much?
    Especially, when so many Android apps have the same Google-suggested design cues and the UX definitely screams Android.
    11-17-13 07:22 PM
    Especially, when so many Android apps have the same Google-suggested design cues and the UX definitely screams Android.
    This is a very compelling point.
    avt123 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:24 PM
    Check my post from earlier.

It is a necessity until BlackBerry has reached enough popularity to have popular apps developed by default for BlackBerry as well.

What is missing at the moment despite of the apps is just the integration into notebooks, which is happening at the moment and the the ability to have the UI adjust to the screen size where it is being projected to.

Those are two killer parts of BlackBerry when executed early.... True innovation and USP.

USB Host is the main reason I am getting the Z30 and to see the above stated features applied to it next year.

Then I have no reason to carry my laptop around and will just have my additional screen with me with BT mouse and keyboard I already have all the time.....

When we have true integration into other hardware and can see our phone as the hub of all our gadgets, then BlackBerry has created a new ecosystem which beautifully allows you to move around the world without worrying if you can access something securely or not and you don't have to rely on active Internet connections, since you can use your own

Posted via CB10
    I hear you but other devices can do this too AND have the native app support.

You are only accessing things securely if you are running on a BES10 server. You are in the same boat as every other smartphone user if you aren't.
    11-17-13 07:28 PM
    No. The apps are minimally affected by the Os they are designed for. As in the ui of the app. Except for the bottom bar, which I can hide, you can't even tell it was designed for Android. (in fact MOST, nor all, apps look mostly the same for either Ios or Android) So I can have my BlackBerry 10 OS with minimal Android taint.

Disclaimer: at least the apps I've used. On my ipod and Samsung Galaxy Tab.

bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:28 PM
    But are developers coming on board? They are already on Android. If you want them to come to BB10, making it easier to use Android apps on a BB device wont make that happen. It is easier for them to just make it for iOS and Android and just have you guys install it from there, no?
    Developers have been coming on board. Do you read CB? They just haven't been coming as fast as anyone wants. If this makes it easier for them to come, fine. And we're heading to a place where it will be seamless to the user if it is an android app or a native app. 2 android apps I've side loaded before this latest leak actually run smoother on my BB10 than they did on my android tablets. Now, these apps don't use Google services, but at the rate we're going it's only a matter of time.

Do you have a BB10 device and an Android device? Load up fitbit and myfitnesspal. You'll be surprised at how much smoother these android apps run on BB10 than on android.

Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:30 PM
    It is just a necessary evil until user base is big enough.

Most complain about the android apps,however their are better than nothing.

Look at Instagram. We were able to sideload it. However the native app is much better.

Look at skooday and the actual ex.fm apps. It is much nicer and user friendly.

For Mac there were mainly just the stock apps and Windows emulated apps.... now you see a development for both.

Same thing will happen with BlackBerry.

Can we finally get on topic and discuss what ELSE Is missing?

After over 30 pages, it might be nice...

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    11-17-13 07:32 PM
    Really? Because the major apps and games look exactly the same whether you're running them on iOS or Android. Can't imagine a BBM version would look any different.

Undbiter65 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:32 PM
    Really? Because the major apps and games look exactly the same whether you're running them on iOS or Android. Can't imagine a BBM version would look any different.

Thanks for the example. BBM on Android has such a different UX. It just is so plain BlackBerry.

And, please, do go over top apps for iOS and Android and see if you notice any difference.
    11-17-13 07:34 PM
    No. The apps are minimally affected by the Os they are designed for. As in the ui of the app. Except for the bottom bar, which I can hide, you can't even tell it was designed for Android. (in fact MOST, nor all, apps look mostly the same for either Ios or Android) So I can have my BlackBerry 10 OS with minimal Android taint.

Disclaimer: at least the apps I've used. On my ipod and Samsung Galaxy Tab.

See I would think if someone dislikes something so much they wouldn't want something that is designed for it. Every 4.0+ designed Android app looks like an Android app. It looks like it is for Android.

That's cool though. Whatever floats your boat.
    bekkay likes this.
    11-17-13 07:35 PM
    See I would think if someone dislikes something so much they wouldn't want something that is designed for it. Every 4.0+ designed Android app looks like an Android app. It looks like it is for Android.

That's cool though. Whatever floats your boat.
    Try temple run. See much of a difference? Subway Surfers? Candy Crush? They honestly look the same. The android look/feel is minimal. And your argument makes no sense. I dislike Android. Not the apps. However only way to get the apps on my phone is through Android runtime. It's either side load and get a bit of Android ui or get a phone which is full android. Easy choice for someone who dislikes Android. I tolerate that they were made for Android because I want the app. How is that so hard to understand?

bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:41 PM
1,792 ... 2829303132 ...