You are correct. One minute we say people know everything about loading alternative app stores, another minute we confess that, if not for CB, you wouldn't know you could do that.
    Wow! Way to twist words. Because I've never heard of a specific app store that Branta showed us is some strange little malware factory in China, that means I don't know about Amazon? The biggest online retailer? Oh that is cute.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-17-13 03:31 PM
    My whole phone feels like the morning after not using a rubber. What have I done
    Getting flashbacks to university.

Stop it!! ;-p

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:32 PM
    You really don't know how statistics works, do you? You don't know what a representative sample, sample size, etc. are, right?

But, please, do show me one single verifiable evidence that no-name tablets sell more than brand name tablets.

I have already provided you with the stats that show about 70% of tablets sold in the world are by the big 5-6 OEMs.
    Is the whole of California and Oregon a big enough sample size for you?

It's much bigger than a single cell phone store which you usually take as fact.

BBSuperAbuser likes this.
    11-17-13 03:34 PM
    Is the whole of California and Oregon a big enough sample size for you?

Yes, numbers/percentages, please, with a verifiable source.

Anecdotal evidence does not count. Make sure it's sales for the entire states. Not just by one or two vendors.
    11-17-13 03:35 PM
    Yes, numbers please.
    No numbers for you!

So now that the App Gap is gone, whats the next complaint?-soup-nazi.jpg

Just pointing out your bias towards certain members.

11-17-13 03:37 PM
    No numbers for you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soup-Nazi.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	221785

Just pointing out your bias towards certain members.

Thanks. Case closed.
    11-17-13 03:39 PM
    The support for BlackBerry is actually rather ironic. Die hard fans think apk direct to bb10 has closed the apk gap. The actual truth is that 1 out if 20 apps I have downloaded work. I swear that is the truth.. I have 2 working apps in total! We chat and snapchat, oh and Google maps! Ok 3.. the list of total apps downloaded is so much longer! I knew this would happen.. this is just a way of a avoiding sideloading, but app compatibility is the same.

However. It's the introduction of this feature that has caused people to say, right.. done. Congrats bb, we r now on par with the competition. The app gap is the same as it was before.

Labelling anyone who criticises as a troll is counterproductive.

This is not a troll post for example, and I'm sayi.g blackberry have to work harder at making the apps actually work on bb10, however they do it. Get it done.. cos we r in. The same position as we were in before...

This is the constructive criticism that's required. Forgive me for my sins!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:40 PM
    Thanks. Argument closed.
    It was closed at the first 'anectdotal'.

That means you weren't willing to discuss.

When your black Friday ads come in, look at them. See how many 'no-name' tabs are out there at retailers vs Sammy and ipad. And just know, they will all sell out within hours of the stores opening.

11-17-13 03:41 PM
    It was closed at the first 'anectdotal'.

That means you weren't willing to discuss.

When your black Friday ads come in, look at them. See how many 'no-name' tabs are out there at retailers vs Sammy and ipad. And just know, they will all sell out within hours of the stores opening.

I believe in numbers. I don't believe the ads, as what's in the ads does not necessarily mean it sells more. The ads do not automatically translate into sales.

I think you are old/smart enough to understand this. At least I hope so.
    11-17-13 03:49 PM
    A complete misunderstanding. Look, I am a retailer, this is what I do. I'm not a clerk or a sales associate. I manage a location. I am not an electronics dealer, but like every other retailer out there, at certain times of the year, we dip in to certain categories that can make us some profit. If you're talking about profit or sales dollars of these companies, sure, no one beats an apple or Samsung. But if you think that there are more ipads sold on black Friday than these brands I posted above, I've got to laugh. I have a pallet of these machines right now. And on Saturday after thanks giving, I won't. Just like last year and the year before.

And you wanna know something funny? Last year's model of no-name tablets, came with a newer version of android than what was available on my Samsung galaxy tablet at the time.

He misunderstood my post as well. It matters not to him that I've paid for all my apps from his one true legally certified BlackBerry World store. Nope. He accuses me of stealing apps. Pure genius.

Posted via CB10
    BBSuperAbuser likes this.
    11-17-13 04:18 PM
    He misunderstood my post as well. It matters not to him that I've paid for all my apps from his one true legally certified BlackBerry World store. Nope. He accuses me of stealing apps. Pure genius.

Posted via CB10
    Believes what he wants and that is all.

11-17-13 04:57 PM
    It's funny how you say anything thing that disagrees with you is anectdotal evidence. Here's a fact. This is my profession. I know my sales figures. I know what we do. Now, I am limping all these no-names together, who know what we'll get next year, will it be Sylvania, Craig, GE, etc etc? They're all the same, and all have different sku's. So while us retailers lump them all together, the sales figures do not. However, you can continue thinking everyone shops at Best Buy instead of Walmart, and that no one would buy a cheap tablet from a grocery store, or drug store, hardware store or discount store, but sorry, you're wrong.

It's funny to me how you take the word of a cell phone sales associate as fact, yet when someone with 30 years experience as management in industries as diverse as department stores, grocery stores, drug stores, and hardware stores, all of which are major chains by the way, it's all anectdotal. Just shows how your natural bias determines what statements you'll listen to.

Generally people would have a lot of respect for someone with that sort of experience.
    But this is the internet, and people usually start throwing around claims of experience when they can't otherwise make a decent point, or back up their point with facts. Sometimes those claims of experience are wholly untrue.
    From some angles that looks like what you're doing.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-17-13 05:02 PM
    Generally people would have a lot of respect for someone with that sort of experience.
    But this is the internet, and people usually start throwing around claims of experience when they can't otherwise make a decent point, or back up their point with facts. Sometimes those claims of experience are wholly untrue.
    From some angles that looks like what you're doing.

Posted via CB10
    Now if I was making it up, don't you think I would have come up with something a lot more glamorous than retail?? Lol! I don't think there's any children that say, 'I want to be a retailer when I grow up!'

Nice try Bob.

11-17-13 05:04 PM
    The app gap is gone? LOL.

You need to emulate another OS in order to split the gap. Might as well just use that OS.

The app gap will not be gone until the apps are for BB10.

I bought a Z10 for BB10 and native apps for BB10. If I want Android apps, I'll fire up my Nexus. They run a hell of a lot better and the integration is much better.
    11-17-13 05:10 PM
    The support for BlackBerry is actually rather ironic. Die hard fans think apk direct to bb10 has closed the apk gap. The actual truth is that 1 out if 20 apps I have downloaded work. I swear that is the truth.. I have 2 working apps in total! We chat and snapchat, oh and Google maps! Ok 3.. the list of total apps downloaded is so much longer! I knew this would happen.. this is just a way of a avoiding sideloading, but app compatibility is the same.

However. It's the introduction of this feature that has caused people to say, right.. done. Congrats bb, we r now on par with the competition. The app gap is the same as it was before.

Labelling anyone who criticises as a troll is counterproductive.

This is not a troll post for example, and I'm sayi.g blackberry have to work harder at making the apps actually work on bb10, however they do it. Get it done.. cos we r in. The same position as we were in before...

This is the constructive criticism that's required. Forgive me for my sins!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I don't believe the 3 out of 20 apps work. I have downloaded close to 20 myself . viber won't make calls and instagram doesn't send video. Everything else has worked for me including Line which impresses the hell out of me everytime I open. Clearly there us a higher success rate based on postings in the forums. No way we are in the same place we were before with the new runtime. Clearly BlackBerry IS working harder to make it better on their devices.

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-17-13 05:18 PM
    Most people can't tell the difference between an Android app and a native app. We are the exception.

I believe the only reasons why we don't have a port of Instagram, netflix etc is because the Android runtime didn't support these apps prior to 10.2.1. Now that the runtime supports these apps I libelieve we will see them in Blackberry World

BlackBerry's maritime share doesn't warrant a current native development of these apps. However with the runtime supporting these apps now I belive we will send them become available in Blackberry world.
    11-17-13 05:20 PM
    Soooo... after 28 pages...

Is the App Gap closed now?

11-17-13 05:21 PM

Why yes, we decided it is.

:-)

11-17-13 05:24 PM
    IMHO We are in for a treat in regards to offerings of BlackBerry World come the official release of 10.2.1. There should be some gems available. Whether they be apps etc

I'm definitely pumped

I hold no bias bet send native and Android apps. The Android apps that are supported by the Android runtume, function very well and are great
    11-17-13 05:25 PM
    App gap is closed for me

11-17-13 05:26 PM
    If you can install Apks directly. And if all these were able to work. Then definitely the app gap would be closed.

As it is, it's already pretty impressive you can do all of this on your phone and with mostly positive success. With a few tweaks I'm pretty sure BlackBerry will be able to get 9 out of 10 apps working. Just a bit more for it to close. But this app gap is closing fast! The new leak is amazing. For ME, there is no app gap. As in all my needed apps are fully functional on my Z10. Thank you for that BlackBerry

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    11-17-13 05:28 PM
    If android apps are good enough for android phones, then they are good enough for me. Although i do like how people seem to hold bb10 apps to a higher standard
    11-17-13 05:28 PM
    If android apps are good enough for android phones, then they are good enough for me. Although i do like how people seem to hold bb10 apps to a higher standard
    I agree, the BB10 ones are better, look at how many people complain when 'it's just an Android port' in BB World but I'll go with easier sideloading to fill in the gaps.

TBH I think BlackBerry thought they had sorted this before, they thought they had made it easier to port over Android apps - obviously not or loads of devs would have done it and Ebay wouldn't have made the phone capable of frying an egg...

The easier the better with the security of BB10 I say.
    bradu1 likes this.
    11-17-13 05:32 PM
    Sorry but I don't believe the 3 out of 20 apps work. I have downloaded close to 20 myself . viber won't make calls and instagram doesn't send video. Everything else has worked for me including Line which impresses the hell out of me everytime I open. Clearly there us a higher success rate based on postings in the forums. No way we are in the same place we were before with the new runtime. Clearly BlackBerry IS working harder to make it better on their devices.

It's part of BlackBerry's business model to have the best Android runtime on the market. If people have paid attention to BlackBerry's job posting for Android runtime engineers it clearly stated that they were looking for engineers to develop the best Android runtime.

What's taking time is having a seamless BB10 seamless integration to make the runtime function although it is native I don't mind. There are 100's of thousands of apps that are r ady to be deployed on the platform. I can wait for seamless integration

Android app Support is a bonus and a great bonus. Just supports the platforms 100 % open source development. BB10 is closed source. However the development platform is open source
    geoffsdad likes this.
    11-17-13 05:34 PM

I think for a lot of people already on BB10, it might never have existed.
    11-17-13 05:39 PM
1,792 ... 2627282930 ...