The app gap is not gone till 10.2.1 officialy rolls out, this leak business is for u computer geniuses, the average user is still suffering

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and amazinglygraceless like this.
    11-17-13 04:26 AM
    LOL. My thoughts exactly. We can let the same people declare their usual misguided tripe, and they will still be as absolutely wrong as they have been...what one hundred and nine times in a row now? SURE...app gap solved! BB10 is just taking off! Lookout! Man, I can't believe how many they must be selling now!! This company has a very bright future! I KNOW all the Samsung, nexus, iphone buyers will buy bb10 now! :-)

...of course, I'm not even sure why all the people in this thread are installing android apps...."just about every" important one.....since apps are just brainwashing by apple to compensate for a bad browser. Only mindless sheep who aren't smart enough to use a browser use apps right?
    Hadn't thought of that....

So I'd like to know how many of the anti Instagram zealots are now putting Instagram on their phones.

I would also like to know how many of the anti Android because it's just malware zealots are putting Android apps on their devices.

Also want to know how many of the anti app zealots are now NOT using the browser and getting those same apps they attacked those of us who have used them all along.

Instagram. Netflix. Android malware infested Play Store. Look at the Blackberry faithful who called me a troll RUN to get these apps and look at them defend their decisions now. NOW Instagram is OK, and NOW there is no problem with going to the malware infested Android Play Store. And NOW these same people who called me an iSheep and a fanDroid are RUNNING to get the apps they spoke of so derisively before and TOLD me I didn't need because I had the browser and who needs apps anyway.

Humans are funny animals. Let's hear the massive rationalisations now.

This if f...... AMAZING.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    11-17-13 04:52 AM
    The app gap is not gone till 10.2.1 officialy rolls out, this leak business is for u computer geniuses, the average user is still suffering

Posted via CB10
    You are 100% correct, the average consumer which is 99% of the market doesn't have a clue.

They just want to go to the App Store, download and install the app and be done with it and until that function is available in the OS that's installed on a device the average consumer can buy today in the store, the app gap still continues.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    11-17-13 04:53 AM
    Wow, this is so sick...
    It's just like some other 10 posters have said:
    The level of denial and the lack of reason is completely astounding and totally ridiculous.
    No matter what one says and no matter how rational one wants to be, logic has been lost in here.

It's also exactly like QBN said herself:
    I wonder how many from the " tools not toys" camp are playing Candy Crush right now and downloading one "maleware" after another.
    The hypocrisy in here is mind-blowing.
    Our BB10 phones with the incredible RTOS QNX are actually Android phones right now.
    How convenient....
    I mean come on, from "Tools not toys" to Android phones.... That isn't opportunistic at all!

In any case, I have a proposal to make:
    Could we please close this thread, and reopen it when BlackBerry has officially spoken?
    There are only 3 outcomes anyhow...

1) BlackBerry strikes a deal with another officially supported app store (Amazon seems like a good candidate).

2) BlackBerry doesn't do anything and we are still in the need of sideloading (and don't give me the ridiculous response that this isn't sideloading anymore)

3) BlackBerry incorporates the APKs into BBW, which wouldn't close the app gap though (just like option number 2), because it will take some time until BBW gets populated.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:16 AM
    I agree that the apps position is now improved but to claim that the App Gap is gone is a sad case of premature hack elation
    11-17-13 05:22 AM
    I agree the "App Gap" is not gone yet, but what many are trying to say is that now we can see a light a the end of the tunnel and it seems that it's not another train :-D

We need to realize that even if we get the official Google Play Store there will still be some apps that won't work perfectly just because there are so many variables in this equation. The point is that being able to install and run Android apps without the need of a computer is huge.

Maybe this thread should be titled "Once the App Gap is officially closed, what should be the next big issue to solve?"

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-17-13 05:35 AM
    Ok we always talking about android apps, what about IOS apps, can we use this, is it possible, are they worth it, good enough?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:38 AM
    Ok we always talking about android apps, what about IOS apps, can we use this, is it possible, are they worth it, good enough?

Posted via CB10
    We don't need apps!!!!!
    TOOLS NOT TOYS!!!!!

Oh sorry, that applied last month...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:39 AM
    I think what people need to ask themselves is that, at the end of the day, can you have pretty much the majority of all the popular Android apps on your phone? The answer is 'yes'. Are they currently easy to get on your phone? For the average person, no. Will they be easier to install on your phone with 10.2.1? Yes! Will they be easy enough that the majority of users can do it? Maybe. (If BB does a deal with with say Amazon to have a link to the Amazon Android App store preloaded, that would essentially make it easy for everyone). Will there be caveats to using Android apps on your phone that aren't downloaded through BB World (i.e. notifications about updates, etc.)? Sure.

But, again, even though it may not be perfect, you are able to get the apps on your phone that you want. As of right now, I can install pretty much every app that I have on my Nexus 5 on a Z30 and not feel like I really missing out. Heck, the one app I want the most, is the version Google Maps that allows me to access the saved maps I created on my desktop which you can't even get on the Nexus 5 (since the new version doesn't support it yet). But I can have all the other apps I want like Yelp, TripAdisor, and well, not that many others for me actually.

This is, I believe is the OP's point. Before you couldn't have the apps you want at all. Period. You were completely out of luck. Now however you can have them, even if that experience isn't 100% exactly the same as on another device.

At the end of the day, something (in this case the apps you want) is better than nothing (i.e. not having the app at all), hence the issue is, while the App Gap may not be 'gone', it has been addressed in a format that gives everyone breathing room until we see how this all plays out. But pretending like nothing has been done or that the current situation isn't better than what it was before is sort of like having your head in the sand. Hey, if you don't want to sideload an Android app, that's your prerogative, but don't assume that because you don't agree with the process in place means that a solution doesn't exist.

So, what would be the "next complaint"? Getting these apps in BB World so we can be notified about updates and not have to manually check for them (very valid point). Having BB work out an agreement with an Android app store like Amazon so BB users can get Android apps more easily. Heck, what's to stop BB from having their own Android App store like Amazon. Seriously? Amazon did their own thing, why can't BB?? (Or maybe that is how you can view Android apps in BB World, I don't know). And the final app 'complaint' to be addressed? Get the bloody apps native in BB and be done with it. The latter being my favoured solution.

And while there at it, just to make everyone else happy, they can through in hecta core processors, 4K displays, hydrogen fuel cells, and world peace. Okay kidding about the last part... More or less :-)

Yes, but why should we settle for less just to keep using a blackberry. I am sorry but the, it won't work perfectly but at least we will have a mediocre version of that app is absolutely unacceptable...

Posted via CB10
    Terser Nori, bbq10l and bp3dots like this.
    11-17-13 05:57 AM
    A step in the positive direction would have been BlackBerry way back when never implementing Android runtime and instead put some work into trying to get native app developers on board.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    Or they could have assassinated Steve Jobs. Would of should of could of. Point is, they are moving forward with positive moves

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:02 AM
    Or they could have assassinated Steve Jobs. Would of should of could of. Point is, they are moving forward with positive moves

Posted via CB10
    If it's not officially supported, what's so great about it?
    This is still sideloading and it neither is a mainstream nor a "prosumer" solution.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Google is not Apple.
    Google has an underlying reason why they can look the other way.
    You don't want Blackberry to start messing around with iOS apps.
    11-17-13 06:09 AM
    So now that you've all wasted your time arguing over what nobody cares about. I'm gonna download and install Google Maps directly from 1mobile just cos I feel like it.

Call the police if you wanna.

God bless BlackBerry10.

Peace.

Update after 2 minutes: Street view works so well too. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 221643
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-17-13 06:25 AM
    Google is not Apple.
    Google has an underlying reason why they can look the other way.
    You don't want Blackberry to start messing around with iOS apps.
    How do u mean, whats the reason that Google looks the other way, does this mean there's no agreement between them and BlackBerry for the use of the Android runtime and their apps?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:44 AM
    How do u mean, whats the reason that Google looks the other way, does this mean there's no agreement between them and BlackBerry for the use of the Android runtime and their apps?

Posted via CB10
    Clarification: What does it matter to Google if BlackBerry runs android apps. Its just another device, like Samsung, HTC, ZTE, LG etc..
    The goal for Google is the eyeballs.
    Apple wants the eyeballs, but in their controlled environment. Why? Profit, how ever much or meager that might be.
    Apple is not a search engine.
    11-17-13 07:53 AM

So I'd like to know how many of the anti Instagram zealots are now putting Instagram on their phones.

I would also like to know how many of the anti Android because it's just malware zealots are putting Android apps on their devices.

Also want to know how many of the anti app zealots are now NOT using the browser and getting those same apps they attacked those of us who have used them all along.

Instagram. Netflix. Android malware infested Play Store. Look at the Blackberry faithful who called me a troll RUN to get these apps and look at them defend their decisions now. NOW Instagram is OK, and NOW there is no problem with going to the malware infested Android Play Store. And NOW these same people who called me an iSheep and a fanDroid are RUNNING to get the apps they spoke of so derisively before and TOLD me I didn't need because I had the browser and who needs apps anyway.

Humans are funny animals. Let's hear the massive rationalisations now.

This if f...... AMAZING.

Still no Instagram or Netflix for me. I agree with your post here, however, I am assuming that the majority of those running to Android apps are kids and/or those who bought BlackBerry thinking it would be something it is not, and now, are stuck in a contract.

But, yes, tools over toys.

Wow, this is so sick...
    It's just like some other 10 posters have said:
    The level of denial and the lack of reason is completely astounding and totally ridiculous.
    No matter what one says and no matter how rational one wants to be, logic has been lost in here.

It's also exactly like QBN said herself:
    I wonder how many from the " tools not toys" camp are playing Candy Crush right now and downloading one "maleware" after another.
    The hypocrisy in here is mind-blowing.
    Our BB10 phones with the incredible RTOS QNX are actually Android phones right now.
    How convenient....
    I mean come on, from "Tools not toys" to Android phones.... That isn't opportunistic at all!
    Every platform has their own set of proprietary apps; that is just how it is and how it should be. I am sure this whole "every app in the world should be available for every phone" battle cry is from some entitled Gen Yers. Not having an app on your phone is not the end of the world. And even if it was for you, if a particular app or apps were/are that critical to your day-to-day than you are on the wrong platform. Simple as that.

You know, the idea was to fill App World with native and Built For BlackBerry apps. Where is the incentive to develop for BB10 going to come from now that devs don't have to do jack squat with their Android apps?
    11-17-13 07:58 AM
    snip...Look at the Blackberry faithful who called me a troll RUN to get these apps and look at them defend their decisions now. ...
    Slight correction, if its ok with you.

Trolls don't run, they lumber.

If they could run, they'd be on Android or iOS, the two systems that run the apps they so desire.
    11-17-13 08:09 AM

But, yes, tools over toys.

Two thoughts -

1). That slogan and the corporate mentality behind it caused BBRY to trade at 6.43 as of last Friday and has BlackBerry marketshare at 1.7%.

2). My so called toys kept receiving emails all last week when my so called tool decided, again, to drop my email accounts. Frankly, in the event of my so called tool's failure to do its job, it was my so called toys that kept doing the job of the so called tool. Without interruption. My so called toy continues to have the banking apps I've been using all along. My so called tool now has these apps...from the platform that is presumably a toy.

The irony.

Slogans are catchphrases. They are not reality. I don't live my life nor do I make my choices based on slogans. I make my choices based on reality that I can experience or on feedback from sources I trust based in their performance. As such, and based on past performance, my Z is more a toy than a tool.

Oh....one last thing....about the insinuation that the need for apps comes from only Gen Yers feeling entitled.....I am far removed from being a Gen Y. I'm on the wrong side of 40 and picking up speed. And I am not feeling entitled to anything that I've got...I've worked my HUGE ENORMOUS a.. for everything I've got.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-17-13 at 10:39 AM.
    11-17-13 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    What he means, I think, is that Google made Android with the intention of giving it away to anyone who wants to use it. Apple didn't do that with iOS. In that respect, Apple is like BlackBerry. Neither iOS nor BB10 is open source. Only Apple can use iOS, only BlackBerry can use BB10. Anyone can use Android.
    11-17-13 09:25 AM
    Yeah, tell that to businesses who are a supposed target for BB10. They are a bit more picky than you when it comes to legality of what they do.
    Who are you responding to?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 11:35 AM

What I would like to know is how many now rushing to "1mobile" took the time to investigate the site's ownership...
    Code:
    server:~$ whois 1mobile.com

Whois Server Version 2.0
       Domain Name: 1MOBILE.COM
       Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
       Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
       Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
       Name Server: NS37.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
       Name Server: NS38.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
       Updated Date: 30-jul-2010
       Creation Date: 21-jan-2002
       Expiration Date: 21-jan-2014

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:18:36 UTC <<<
    The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
    Registrars.Domain Name: 1MOBILE.COM
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Updated Date: 2010-07-30 01:59:37
    Creation Date: 2002-01-21 19:25:14
    Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-01-21 19:25:14
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrant Name: Kunlun Kunlun
    Registrant Organization: Kunlun Wanwei Keji Gufen Youxian Gongsi
    Registrant Street: Beijing
    Registrant Street: Xicheng District
    Registrant City: Beijing
    Registrant State/Province: Beijing
    Registrant Postal Code: 100040
    Registrant Country: China
    Admin Name: Kunlun Kunlun
    Admin Organization: Kunlun Wanwei Keji Gufen Youxian Gongsi
    Admin Street: Beijing
    Admin Street: Xicheng District
    Admin City: Beijing
    Admin State/Province: Beijing
    Admin Postal Code: 100040
    Admin Country: China
    Admin Phone: +86.18611593115
    Admin Fax: +86.1059320800
    Admin Email: [email protected]
    Tech Name: Kunlun Kunlun
    Tech Organization: Kunlun Wanwei Keji Gufen Youxian Gongsi
    Tech Street: Beijing
    Tech Street: Xicheng District
    Tech City: Beijing
    Tech State/Province: Beijing
    Tech Postal Code: 100040
    Tech Country: China
    Tech Phone: +86.18611593115
    Tech Fax: +86.1059320800
    Tech Email: [email protected]
    I just love the registrant email.

I guess most won't even care that most of the known cracked Android apps repackaged with malware came from Chines sites. They have nothing secret on their devices, and besides BlackBerry is secure... unless the unthinking user bypasses all the controls and deliberately installs software from an untrusted source. This could be one of the greatest coups of social engineering ever perpetrated.
    11-17-13 11:48 AM
    What I would like to know is how many now rushing to "1mobile" took the time to investigate the site's ownership...
    Code:

Whois Server Version 2.0

I guess most won't even care that most of the known cracked Android apps repackaged with malware came from Chines sites. They have nothing secret on their devices, and besides BlackBerry is secure... unless the unthinking user bypasses all the controls and deliberately installs software from an untrusted source. This could be one of the greatest coups of social engineering ever perpetrated.
    Yah......but don't you know.....it closes the app gap....so who cares.....

I'm sorry but I'm not touching that site with a ten foot pole. Can't call and fax them if there is a problem....the fax and phone number haven't even got the same number of digits....

something tells me that information you've come up with is bogus information for the site....don't be surprised if there isn't a back door to your device, courtesy of this site.......
    11-17-13 11:59 AM
    Code:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Very interesting.
    11-17-13 12:03 PM
    Guys don't dampen everyone's enthusiasm with your logic. You're making way too much sense. Not cool :-/

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:33 PM
    Guys don't dampen everyone's enthusiasm with your logic. You're making way too much sense. Not cool :-/

Posted via CB10
    I actually think that this is pretty funny right now

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 12:40 PM
1,792 ... 2324252627 ...