Yeah you're probably right

Sent from my Z30
    Hey playbookster, check your inbox.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-16-13 09:53 PM
    Umm.....app gap is not gone...its still very present.

Only us blackberry fanatics and tech nerds have apk files installed and have loaded 10.2.1 on our devices.

The average joe doesnt know how to do the above mentioned things and they would consider it a hassle to do it.

Until the day (not sure when or if it will come) that all bb users can readilly have apps available to download whether it be the bb world or google play store.....app gap will continue to exist
    I'm definitely not the brightest crayon in the box, or the sharpest knife in the drawer. But I have sideloaded apps on my phone.
    11-16-13 10:09 PM
    "Apps can be used only on mobile devices that use the Android platform"
    It says "can" not "must". BB10 devices can...

Please don't tell me that not what they meant.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:15 PM
    It says "can" not "must". BB10 devices can...

Please don't tell me that not what they meant.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.

bobauckland likes this.
    11-16-13 10:19 PM
    LOL.

LOL right back atcha.

It just semantics... if they wanted 100% certainty (no ifs, ands or buts) they would have stated must not can.

BB10 is continuously being designed to support Android

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:25 PM
    LOL right back atcha.

It just semantics... if they wanted 100% certainty (no ifs, ands or buts) they would have stated must not can.

BB10 is continuously being designed to support Android

Posted via CB10
    There is no semantics, no ifs, ands, or buts. I am not sure if you are reading the same text. It's categorical to the point of no argument left. Apps can ONLY be use on Android devices.
    bobauckland and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-16-13 10:27 PM
    I feel the trolls pain. I really do. Paradigm shifts are a damn nuisance. I need a legal opinion - what store am I allowed to get my apps from for my PC? You all got me quaking in my boots now.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-16-13 10:31 PM
    Just wondering if there are any actual Android developers that want to come in here regarding this debate other the self-proclaimed Android Police who don't develop for Android.

I agree with the poster that said that developers would love to sell or promote their free apps to as many clients as possible especially if they don't have to modify it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:31 PM
    There is no semantics, no ifs, ands, or buts. I am not sure if you are reading the same text. It's categorical to the point of no argument left. Apps can ONLY be use on Android devices.
    You'd lose in a court of law.

Can simply means the ability to.. it not a requirement.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:32 PM
    I feel the trolls pain. I really do. Paradigm shifts are a damn nuisance. I need a legal opinion - what store am I allowed to get my apps from for my PC? You all got me quaking in my boots now.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, tell that to businesses who are a supposed target for BB10. They are a bit more picky than you when it comes to legality of what they do.
    11-16-13 10:32 PM
    You'd lose in a court of law.

Can simply means the ability to.. it not a requirement.

Posted via CB10
    Now, Google the definition for "only".

It's not the "can" part, but "can ONLY" that makes this absolutely unambiguous.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 10:35 PM
    Now, Google the definition for "only".

It's not the "can" part, but "can ONLY" that makes this absolutely unambiguous.
    Come on are you serious? This sentence from the Amazon ToS as you've stated is so badly worded...

Let me write out again what you stated "Apps can be used only on mobile devices that use the Android platform"

Read it again. Does this mean that I'm ONLY able to use these apps on MOBILE devices so "official" Wifi Android tablets are not eligible? Or does it mean ONLY on the Android platform as opposed to the Windows or Apple platform in which these apk's won't work anyways.

This statement is so vague with many interpretations that a decent lawyer out of law school could easily rip holes in it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:47 PM
    LOL.

I say we all agree that app gap is truly closed, and all is well.
    bekkay, richardat, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    11-16-13 10:48 PM
    Come on are you serious? This sentence from the Amazon ToS as you've stated is so badly worded...

Let me write out again what you stated "Apps can be used only on mobile devices that use the Android platform"

Read it again. Does this mean that I'm ONLY able to use these apps on MOBILE devices so "official" Wifi Android tablets are not eligible? Or does it mean ONLY on the Android platform as opposed to the Windows or Apple platform in which these apk's won't work anyways.

This statement is so vague with many interpretations that a decent lawyer out of law school could easily rip holes in it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh boy, are you now making up a new definition of "mobile devices", which do not include Wi-Fi tablets?

And I guess Amazon employs decent lawyers, too. Just a guess.
    JeepBB and Terser Nori like this.
    11-16-13 10:52 PM
    Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    I guess the band Wagon will be specs. You can never please complainers. =0)
    11-16-13 10:52 PM
    And as far as anybody is concerned, if it's a valid implementation of Android, and it installs and runs unmodified APKs, then it IS an Android device, in the same way that a Windows app doesn't care if it's running on a PC, an Ultrabook, or on a VM running on a Mac.
    11-16-13 11:00 PM
    And as far as anybody is concerned, if it's a valid implementation of Android, and it installs and runs unmodified APKs, then it IS an Android device, in the same way that a Windows app doesn't care if it's running on a PC, an Ultrabook, or on a VM running on a Mac.
    PC and ultrabooks are Windows devices. I already posted the official MS position on Parallels, which you conveniently ignored.

Unless the EULA permits running software in VM, you are in a very grey area. As far as Windows is concerned.

Same goes for Mac OS EULA.
    Last edited by bekkay; 11-16-13 at 11:35 PM.
    richardat and JeepBB like this.
    11-16-13 11:07 PM
    Can someone help me to get Gmail, Hangouts etc.. I have installed the OS but i am not able to run these google Apps
    11-17-13 12:02 AM
    LOL.

Only took 24 pages to get there too
    11-17-13 12:23 AM
    LOL.

Yes, in three months, BB10's market share will be about 25 to 35 percent, It will overtake Android by May 2014.

Or was it the end of summer?
    11-17-13 12:58 AM
    Download directly from the gplay website or install from a variety of android app stores
    I know for a fact that you've heard over and over why this isn't relevant. I'm not sure whether you refuse to ackowledge it or honestly don't understand it, but at this point it doesn't matter.

Some people just have a really hard time seeing the world from anything other than their own perspective.
    11-17-13 01:04 AM
    LOL.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. We can let the same people declare their usual misguided tripe, and they will still be as absolutely wrong as they have been...what one hundred and nine times in a row now? SURE...app gap solved! BB10 is just taking off! Lookout! Man, I can't believe how many they must be selling now!! This company has a very bright future! I KNOW all the Samsung, nexus, iphone buyers will buy bb10 now! :-)

...of course, I'm not even sure why all the people in this thread are installing android apps...."just about every" important one.....since apps are just brainwashing by apple to compensate for a bad browser. Only mindless sheep who aren't smart enough to use a browser use apps right?
    11-17-13 02:25 AM
    In one fell swoop the app gap is closed and the one thing we pride ourselves on, security, has totally gone. Anyone who used to say they are sticking with BB because of the security has no reason to stay now or are you being a hypocrite? How people change their tune just because BB weren't capable of getting to produce apps. Anyone who prided themselves on security have no reason to stay now. Just when you think things cant get any worse
    11-17-13 03:20 AM
    This is not healthy anymore, obviously people are convinced that installing android apps is going to close the gap, and no matter how much you reason With them it's useless.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:38 AM
    The people who put time effort and man hours into bb10 would be disgusted to see the number of people here who think bb10 devices are android devices.
    This 'discussion' has become a joke. I'm out. It's like talking to a wall. A thick wall.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay and richardat like this.
    11-17-13 03:48 AM
1,792 ... 2223242526 ...