http://www.1mobile.com/redirect/com.snapchat.android .
    snapchat

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    Doesn't count. You used the browser to find this....That's NOT FAIR!

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    11-15-13 04:21 PM
    So to you, a "prosumer" is someone that can only gain access to certain features by installing various software via computer (needed to install the leaks), performing work arounds, etc? Someone that doesn't mind hanging out on a forum to learn how to use these tools, wait for the latest and greatest leaks, etc? If that's the case I'd say the Android modding community and the Apple jailbreaking community has had that segment cornered for years.
    We add to that, the fact of Apple and Google having all the business apps the "prosumer" needs.
    Their phones just work in that regard and the barrier to get the app you want, is pretty much nonexistent.
    Google even has a 15 min period in which you can return a bought app and get a refund.

The point you make is a very good one, and especially the Cyanogenmod could have more users than BB10, not even talking about jailbroken iPhones.

To read the statement that a prosumer has so much time to inform himself and to put up with an unsupported way of getting his apps on his BlackBerry device is just mind-boggling and I wonder how someone can be serious when he says that.
    BlackBerry's marketshare never has been worse than now, and whomever is this "prosumer" audience that will save BlackBerry and bring them back up to the old days of glory, they certainly aren't interested in a device that doesn't offer what the competition can provide in an even easier and supported way.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:27 PM
    I think we are all in agreement here,
    BlackBerry is no longer for the average user. And they know it.

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    Wow

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:29 PM
    I don't know. Why did Kevin say the same thing right after I made this thread? It's in his blog post with Alec saunders

Awesome answer... Well, probably not.
    CBK has to say something positive about the whole situation, doesn't he?
    His target audience are mostly people who own a BlackBerry and really think that sideloading or loading Android apk's through an unsupported and non official way is the way to go.

Therefore I ask again:
    What did you expect from this humorous thread?
    The thesis itself, that the app gap is gone now, is completely ridiculous.
    The thesis that there isn't something else right now, that needs some serious improvements on the BB10 devices is just as delusional.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-15-13 at 04:49 PM.
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-15-13 04:35 PM
    Of the three apps I installed from Amazon app store all three worked for a while then crashed. Not a very good start really. So whilst this is an extra avenue we can go down I still believe that native apps will be much better than Android apps that may or may not run.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    11-15-13 04:37 PM

Sure, but the thing is the "prosumer" using android has all of those native apps plus the ability to root, mod, hack, and and make their device look and behave the way they want. The best we can do is load a newer operating system and half compatible apps that aren't built for our device. That's cool for us that like the BB10 operating system, but not another "prosumer" that is already happy with android.
    11-15-13 04:42 PM
    This is not even close to a solution, installing android applications on a blackberry OS??. I do appreciate the other features that the new update might bring to BlackBerry OS 10, but this is just sad, why not just install android on the BlackBerry devices and have a full android experience.

It's funny when u love something so badly you see everything optimistic...am really surprised with some people on this site that see the android sideloading as an advantage!!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:45 PM
    Oh stop bringing facts into it.

Still need to sideload.

App gap is still firmly in place.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    This is not your grandfathers sideload! .. This downloads directly from stores like amazon etc. and in other threads they say amazon shows when updates are available.. What difficult about this..
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-15-13 04:46 PM
    Awesome answer... Well, probably not.
    CBK has to say something positive about the whole situation, doesn't he?
    His target audience are mostly people who own a BlackBerry and really think that sideloading or loading Android apk's through an unsupported and non official way.

Therefore I ask again:
    What did you expect from this humorous thread?
    The thesis itself, that the app gap os gone now, is completely ridiculous.
    The thesis that there isn't something else right now, that needs some serious improvements on the BB10 devices is just as delusional.

Posted via CB10
    You have to be a negative person to see 10.2.1 as negative. Answer me this. Is bb10 worse or better off with access to almost every android app? (not to mention all the other enhancements in the latest leak)

11-15-13 04:46 PM
    This is not your grandfathers sideload! .. This downloads directly from stores like amazon etc. and in other threads they say amazon shows when updates are available.. What difficult about this..
    Nothing. It's complaining for the sake of complaining

11-15-13 04:47 PM

Well, with 1.5% marketshare it's probably impossible to deny that, isn't it?
    But with 1.5% marketshare, 3/4 of their workforce laid off and with 4 devices available right now using BB10, BlackBerry isn't profitable and still far away from break-even.

If they aren't for anyone, how much will BlackBerry have to shrink?
    I said this 7 months ago, and it still holds true now:
    If BlackBerry doesn't get some mass appeal through BB10, which is their last chance to get it right, then they are toast.

It was an all or nothing attempt, because BlackBerry has no other revenue sources than their phones.
    Compared to Apple or Samsung, BlackBerry is completely irrelevant worldwide.
    Therefore please answer the question:
    How much do you think that BlackBerry can shrink even further without completely vanishing or to fall pray to a hostile takeover?
    With the current pace, BlackBerry will become dirt cheap very soon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-16-13 at 03:43 AM.
    11-15-13 04:48 PM
    You mean posting photos? So when you take a pic and click on the sharing options on that pic, you can send it to Instagram? That was one of the problems I was running into, but not with Instagram since I don't use it. I couldn't send a photo to Photobucket right after I shot it. I'd have to go into the Photobucket app first and upload it from there.
    Was wondering if this question was ever answered? If my law firm supported BB10 (which they are testing), I'd be tempted to get a Q10 but the above question would need to be answered.
    11-15-13 04:48 PM
    This is not even close to a solution, installing android applications on a blackberry OS??. I do appreciate the other features that the new update might bring to BlackBerry OS 10, but this is just sad, why not just install android on the BlackBerry devices and have a full android experience.

It's funny when u love something so badly you see everything optimistic...am really surprised with some people on this site that see the android sideloading as an advantage!!

Posted via CB10
    You aren't installing android. Android runtime has been in BlackBerry os since the PlayBook. It is continually being upgraded. BlackBerry has been promising us this for a couple years now and they are finally following through. If you don't want to download major missing apps from bbworld then more power to you.

11-15-13 04:49 PM
    You have to be a negative person to see 10.2.1 as negative. Answer me this. Is bb10 worse or better off with access to almost every android app? (not to mention all the other enhancements in the latest leak)

There is a difference between 10.2.1 being a bad thing and the app gap being gone.
    The premise and title of your thread is that it's gone but this is completely wrong.

As long as there is no official and supported way (both from BlackBerry and the devs) the status quo for the BB10 platform didn't change, as long as we look at the other 98.5% of consumers not buying into the platform.

And as I just said in another post, this 1.5% marketshare doesn't help BlackBerry to be profitable at all. The 1.5% just aren't enough.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga and paper_monkey like this.
    11-15-13 04:52 PM
    Worse in the long run. I think slow and patient (like MSFT and WP8) would have been better, but the Android Runtime set a BBRY along a path that could not really be deviated from. I readily concede that I am making that pronouncement based on hindsight, and that was once bullish on the Runtime. I understand resources are an issue for BBRY, but still...

From this layman's point of view, I thought the Runtime was a backdoor shortcut to ensure native development.

I think this has created a situation that will be tough to rebound effectively from.
    Saiga likes this.
    11-15-13 04:55 PM
    You aren't installing android. Android runtime has been in BlackBerry os since the PlayBook. It is continually being upgraded. BlackBerry has been promising us this for a couple years now and they are finally following through. If you don't want to download major missing apps from bbworld then more power to you.

I think you just said it, major missing apps from blackberry world

So instead of using apps that were built for another OS, why not develop your own and put them on your own store?

I am downsizing BlackBerry, I love the device and the OS, but I have to say that the app gap is still there, I don't care if the process of installing non native BlackBerry applications will be easer, it's still not the proper way of handling the ecosystem of an OS that has a long history

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:57 PM
    I don't mind android apps at all IF they run smooth, work as intended and update. Sure native apps would be best but getting a free app or paid for app from android that functions properly, why not?

It all has to be supported though.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-15-13 04:58 PM
    Do you see any differences in this process and a "regular" process involving other platforms? Do you see how that may be a barrier to adoption?
    11-15-13 04:59 PM
    On 10.2.1 you don't quite need to sideload.

You can download from the Google Play website.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    In the real world where Blackberry is long gone and hardly anyone use it anymore..I thought you all criticize Android as malware prone but now you download those malware filled apps..do they magically become safe once they are on a Blackberry?
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-15-13 05:03 PM
    In the real world where Blackberry is long gone and hardly anyone use it anymore..I thought you all criticize Android as malware prone but now you download those malware filled apps..do they magically become safe once they are on a Blackberry?
    Good one, I Would like to see someone answer this

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 05:04 PM
    It all has to be supported though.
    How do you convince developers to support this?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-15-13 05:05 PM

So instead of using apps that were built for another OS, why not develop your own and put them on your own store?

Posted via CB10

Because it really makes no difference. As long as the app runs smooth, does not crash and does not lag, nobody except people who frequent this website gives a damn.
    11-15-13 05:06 PM
    Because it really makes no difference. As long as the app runs smooth, does not crash and does not lag, nobody except people who frequent this website gives a damn.
    And which one has the higher probability of crashing applications built for android or native applications built for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 05:12 PM
    Blackberry is after the prosumer market now, not sally and dave who need to be force fed apps. We are their niche market. Everyth?g we need is available to us, though it takes 1 extra step to get to it.

Sorry, but this is a copout added because your assertion is ridiculous. Since when is the definition of prosumer someone who wants to pirate other apps? As of now you still have to use leaked OS- so only prosumers are interested? Your definition of prosumer must really be "BlackBerry diehard tech guy." There is no such thing as a prosumer. And if you insist these are the corporate and government users, well- they wouldn't even be allowed to use unofficial OS or apps by the company.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 05:19 PM

I am downsizing BlackBerry, I love the device and the OS, but I have to say that the app gap is still there, I don't care if the process of installing non native BlackBerry applications will be easer, it's still not the proper way of handling the ecosystem of an OS that has a long history

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry would build those apps if they were allowed to.

11-15-13 05:25 PM
1,792 ... 1112131415 ...