The thread is titled "what is the next complaint". He has given a complaint. They are too late.
    Your statement should be "in my own opinion, they are too late." instead of trying to state that as a fact.

It just comes across better.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:06 PM
    Your statement should be "in my own opinion, they are too late." instead of trying to state that as a fact.

It just comes across better.

Posted via CB10
    The dismal sales figures suggests it is too late. BlackBerry 10 didn't flourish
    11-15-13 01:07 PM
    Sales haven't flourish, as sales are still on going the figures may change.

Just saying.

Who knows if they will though obviously.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:09 PM
    If I have access to a million apps how is it not gone? Please advise

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30

Sideloading apps is for Blackberry diehards. A sideloaded app is a band-aid. It is a last resort from blackberry lovers to prove they are still current. I have only sideloaded 2 apps, Kik and Snapchat and they dont work worth a ****. They are slow, and crash more than any native app i have ever tried. I havent tried the google play store yet so i cant comment on that. But i did slideload with a PC and my wifi connection. I told one person about it and they replied "hahahah wow....why don't you just get a *insert any other smart phone company here*"

Try telling a single 20-40 female old girl that she should switch to Blackberry and she will laugh in your face. Its not current, its old, and you cant get snapchat on it, or kik, or zoosk, or tinder.

I understand that older people may not care about trendy apps because they don't use them, but that is what drove the 18-30 year old customer base away from blackberry. They have all left. As they grow older they will continue to upgrade their iphones and not even consider a blackberry. Good luck getting them back with features that are years behind the competition.
    look_alive and bbq10l like this.
    11-15-13 01:12 PM
    That's like saying I shouldn't watch Sony movies on my Samsung TV. If the app runs great with ease what is the deal?

going to be hard to top a worse analogy than this one
    You're probability right...
    And that's kind of amusing actually, because to not see the obvious flaw in the analogy is very funny.

Sony movies, let's say on a Blu Ray, have a universal format that can be read by every Blu Ray player out there...

On the other hand, most analogies involving cars, BlackBerry and the awesome CB forums are hilarious to read as well.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-13 01:14 PM
    Not being native will be the next complaint
    Let's just call them immigrant apps. BlackBerry must support immigration to grow. BlackBerry birth rate is too low! You can't just put up a fence

11-15-13 01:15 PM
    Neither did wp8 and now a year and a half later it's starting to take off.

11-15-13 01:16 PM
    Neither did wp8 and now a year and a half later it's starting to take off.

Microsoft doesn't have a loss of a billion a quarter and less than $3 billion in the bank.

BlackBerry has $1 billion DEBT

They can make it rain for wp8 all day and still have cash to spare
    Terser Nori and cckgz4 like this.
    11-15-13 01:18 PM
    How can I install direct from the Play Store. When I select an app to download, it asks me which one of my android devices to install it on? So I select my Razr HD LTE and it spins and says installed. But its not on my Z10?
    You're probability right...
    And that's kind of amusing actually, because to not see the obvious flaw in the analogy is very funny.

Sony movies, let's say on a Blu Ray, have a universal format that can be read by every Blu Ray player out there...

On the other hand, most analogies involving cars, BlackBerry and the awesome CB forums are hilarious to read as well.

Posted via CB10
    It's really not of you can open your mind a little. BlackBerry supports multiple formats. You guys really do like to complain.

Microsoft doesn't have a loss of a billion a quarter and less than $3 billion in the bank.

And Microsoft came in a saved Nokia. Who's to say another large company won't come in and save BlackBerry?

11-15-13 01:20 PM

And MS at least has a real ecosystem AND some hardware USPs with their Lumia Camera.

They also have A REAL low to mid-end STRATEGY and now also have real FLAGSHIPS with current hardware.

3 things BlackBerry doesn't have.
    One has to wonder why it worked out better for Nokia/WP than for BlackBerry.

Oh, actually no one should really be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:21 PM
    And Microsoft came in a saved Nokia. Who's to say another large company won't come in and save BlackBerry?

Admitting BlackBerry can't do it on their own the way it currently is are we?
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Sideloading apps is for Blackberry diehards. A sideloaded app is a band-aid. It is a last resort from blackberry lovers to prove they are still current. I have only sideloaded 2 apps, Kik and Snapchat and they dont work worth a ****. They are slow, and crash more than any native app i have ever tried. I havent tried the google play store yet so i cant comment on that. But i did slideload with a PC and my wifi connection. I told one person about it and they replied "hahahah wow....why don't you just get a *insert any other smart phone company here*"

Try telling a single 20-40 female old girl that she should switch to Blackberry and she will laugh in your face. Its not current, its old, and you cant get snapchat on it, or kik, or zoosk, or tinder.

I understand that older people may not care about trendy apps because they don't use them, but that is what drove the 18-30 year old customer base away from blackberry. They have all left. As they grow older they will continue to upgrade their iphones and not even consider a blackberry. Good luck getting them back with features that are years behind the competition.
    Um. You must of missed the memo. 10.2.1 removes the need for side loading. You can install android apps directly to your phone through multiple sources.

This.

Why are you even wasting your time telling people it's to late?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't resist responding to some delusional bb10 revival thread and I had 2 minutes to spare...

Now tell me what your post accomplished?

Delusion won't get bbry out of the massive hole they're in.
    I know right!?

Posted CB forums luvn SQN-100 /3 leak 10.2.1.1055
    11-15-13 01:22 PM
    Admitting BlackBerry can't do it on their own the way it currently is are we?
    Never have I said they don't need help. You really are relentless. Doom and gloom doom and gloom

missing_K-W and elGuapoTorres like this.
    11-15-13 01:23 PM
    It's really not of you can open your mind a little. BlackBerry supports multiple formats. You guys really do like to complain.

I guess since Droid and IOS have BBM they can also claim to support multiple formats, and they're cheaper, and they're speced better and hey look right out of the box I can download an app and don't need to take a programing class to get my phone to work.
    11-15-13 01:23 PM
    Never have I said they don't need help. You really are relentless. Doom and gloom doom and gloom

Original post clearly states, "10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10."

Please advise why you think they may need help if this is the case? Doesn't 10.2.1 fix what people didn't like? If they like it they should buy it?
    11-15-13 01:24 PM

My mind is wide open, because I actually make suggestions in the Beta Zone, I download leaks and maybe sideloaded one or two apps.

But that doesn't change the fact of the analogy being pretty bad.
    And your mind being completely closed when it comes down to BlackBerry's competition.

Um. You must of missed the memo. 10.2.1 removes the need for side loading. You can install android apps directly to your phone through multiple sources.

Is any one of them an official source, supported and promoted by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:25 PM

Because Nokia wasn't running around telling everyone that would listen to "please buy us". BB is so desperate, they even flew execs to FB HQ to beg. BB will have to fix itself.
    11-15-13 01:26 PM
    I

And this is where I am. I actually thinks this hurts the brand. I know that will get me stoned and most likely labeled with the *gasp!* "seeker of negativity" label, but I don't see how this works for BBRY's long term strategy as a viable OS option.
    Chen has to figure out what their strategy is and then articulate it clearly. Their first attempt to bring apps to the platform was full of $10k revenue commitments and free phones, which was only going to attract lone developers in basements. They then compounded that blunder by making it so difficult for the end customer to find quality apps in a sea of shoddy ebooks and maps.

Now you have this idea to literally disintermediate their own store (!!), dilute their own brand, and blow the doors open on what was at least a secure, curated market. Big developers like secure, curated markets, especially those of us who deal with customers money.

What a strange and interesting story.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and look_alive like this.
    11-15-13 01:29 PM
    Couldn't resist responding to some delusional bb10 revival thread and I had 2 minutes to spare...

Now tell me what your post accomplished?

Delusion won't get bbry out of the massive hole they're in.
    No you couldn't help but try to take two minutes to have an exciting argument where you totally pwned a BlackBerry user, and the drivil he repeats.

Oh please great one, wake me from my trance.

Posted via CB10
    My mind is wide open, because I actually make suggestions in the Beta Zone, I download leaks and maybe sideloaded one or two apps.

But that doesn't change the fact of the analogy being pretty bad.
    And your mind being completely closed when it comes down to BlackBerry's competition.

Posted via CB10
    You really can't explain why it's bad. BlackBerry is making apps universal, just like a movie across multiple different products. Really hard to comprehend?

Because Nokia wasn't running around telling everyone that would listen to "please buy us". BB is so desperate, they even flew execs to FB HQ to beg. BB will have to fix itself.
    The thing about FB really is sad....
    Because FB and BlackBerry are diametrically opposed, in terms of corporate culture.

BlackBerry stands for security and a little bit for privacy, Facebook for serving ads and invading your privacy.
    This just shows how desperate they truly were.
    They would have sold their "soul" to the devil to further exist.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-13 01:30 PM
1,792 ... 7891011 ...