I'll concentrate on this outrageously funny title afterwards, but first to the question the thread asked...
    What are the other obvious complaints:

1) Specs
    They are the worst in their class, apart from the 2GB of RAM.
    I'll just take the Z30 as the prime exemple:
    It calls itself a "flagship", but doesn't deserve that designation.
    It has the worst specs of pretty much every phone in the 5+ inch flagship category, beginning by its CPU and ending with the screen.
    It's uncompetitive compared to other flagships having launched in a similar timeframe.

2) Price
    Linked with the first point, is the pricing of BlackBerry devices.
    I'll just take the Q5 as the prime exemple:
    There probably wasn't one single phone this year, having launched with a more ridiculous price than the Q5. About 400$ for its introduction, made the phone DOA.

3) Customer Service
    The first time I had to deal with the CS of Apple, was when my first iPod with a HDD died.
    I stopped to count the number of times this happened, but I am sure that Apple at least gave me 3 replacement units.
    They gave it to me in the store, the second after they made sure that my iPod really doesn't work anymore.
    Overall this took about 5 min, and it was the most seamless and friendly encounter I had with the CS of any company I bought consumer goods from.

I don't even want to imagine how annoying such a scenario would be with BlackBerry...
    And how long I wouldn't have a phone while waiting for a new one...

4) Update frequency and timing
    Thanks to these forums and my rather courageous nature, I can install leaks that offer me more than what BlackBerry has released until now.
    I used 10.2 while others didn't even know when 10.1 will launch on their carriers.
    For normal consumers this is unacceptable though, because BlackBerry still isn't up to par with the competition, on the software front.
    BlackBerry needs to hand out updates way faster.

Now onto the extremely funny title of this thread, and its delusionary content:
    The app gap wasn't closed.
    And it will never be, until I can install all these Android apps through an official method, provided by BlackBerry.
    We could even argue, that as long as the apps aren't native ones, not even an official way from BlackBerry to install Android apk's would close the gap, but this is a thought for another day.

In any case, it is ridiculous to say that the app gap has been closed, because neither the software, nor the method to get an apk is an official one.
    (Going by the title, I wasn't even surprised who the author was.)

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:22 PM
    True! Most people are too lazy or ignorant to try to update their sh1t, they'll always have 10.1
    Has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy or ignorant.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    kbz1960 and bbq10l like this.
    11-15-13 12:24 PM
    App Gap has closed... at least for those that are running a "leak" that might not go public on major networks like Verizon and AT&T for several months.... like next year.

Still not all apps work right now, but we can see where it "appears" BlackBerry is heading - even thought they say that they aren't.

We really don't know if this is a permanent "fix", or that there will even be BlackBerry hardware available to consumers in the near future. Wouldn't worry too much about it, just enjoy what we have for now.
    This raises (in my mind at least) an interesting question... What if this is a move by BBRY to allow Android Dev's to see their apps running on BB10 devices without having to port them? Let the devs see the experience (granted some) people are having and entice them to code a native version of their app?

Am I over thinking this one a little?
    11-15-13 12:24 PM
    This raises (in my mind at least) an interesting question... What if this is a move by BBRY to allow Android Dev's to see their apps running on BB10 devices without having to port them? Let the devs see the experience (granted some) people are having and entice them to code a native version of their app?

You probably are.
    If they already have a working Android app and it runs on a BlackBerry, what exactly would be their motivation to code a native Cascades app?

It'll just consume man hours of work, without any obvious advantage, because BlackBerry users are so desperate for apps that they'll take everything anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-15-13 at 12:43 PM.
    11-15-13 12:28 PM
    That's not even close to saying the same thing. Like I said, when the apps are DESIGNED AND MADE for BB10 then the app gap will be closed. Until then we are getting a half baked experience of an Android app on BB10.
    As far as I'm concerned, until I can turn on the television, read a newspaper, or hear an add on the radio that includes the phrase "download our app for iOS, Android, and Blackberry, then I would agree with the OP's assertion that the app gap has closed. But we are so far from that that the actual assertion by the OP is, at best, laughable and, at worst, lamentable. The app gap has not closed; its not even close. It remains and is singularly responsible for why Blackberry products are not even on the radar of most consumers; are not included in reviews of by reviewers in newspapers, etc as to what possible phones to buy; and are openly ridiculed and mocked as phones in which they are better known for what they can not do compared to what they can do.

Side-loading? Oh please, give that a rest. That works for people who are tech-savvy and visit websites such as Crackberry. But we represent a fraction - a very small fraction - of the total population of Blackberry users. The vast majority of users are either unaware, unprepared, or unwilling to learn to use this route as a means of "closing the app gap". Until the apps are available in BBW; the perception, rightfully so, will remain - Blackberry's ecosystem is weak.

So to sum, the app gap has not closed. And any suggestion that it has is utter nonsense.
    11-15-13 12:30 PM
    Using a 3rd party website shouldn't be necessary... the app gap won't be closed until the apps are available in an official way. This is just my opinion, but honestly this isn't much different from side loading, the average consumer isn't going to go to a 3rd party website to download apps. Sure there will be more downloads as opposed to sideloading, however the majority will not use this method.
    bbq10l and Terser Nori like this.
    11-15-13 12:40 PM
    yes I'm irritated. i've lost all my patience over the last week.
    I didn't even know you were a surgeon.

Rough week.
    11-15-13 12:45 PM
    I didn't even know you were a surgeon.

Rough week.
    ALL my Mountain Dew GONE all over my screen!!!!!

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    11-15-13 12:47 PM
    So much derision for blackberry here, no need to actually spread it without a logical need too.

I don't post in Ios forums or android forums about what they're platforms lack for me. Though a few certain ones here seem to be on a war party.

Though I am not saying we should be walled off from all negativity some of you are just borderline obscene in the way you keep repeating arguments.

Make the argument and then give it a Window of time to see what develops from that point onward, otherwise you just treading water, and for what?

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 and battleax78 like this.
    11-15-13 12:48 PM
    Installed Instagram, Netflix, Google Earth, Youtube, and every other worthwhile Android app that was missing. So whats the big complaint now? 10.2.1 seems to have fixed what people didnt like about BB10... Great os but no apps. Now its a great os with every app.
    But a year too late....

Timing is EVERTHING in this market and you cant turn the clock back.
    11-15-13 12:55 PM

For banking apps, it will have a different effect. We don't really have any choice but to blacklist BB devices. If we see a BB10 user using our apps, we absolutely know it's a pirated copy of the app, and the security risk is too high for us.

If BB goes through with this option of encouraging their customers to scurry around looking for bootleg apps, some people will just blacklist BB and focus attention on WP8 as the third platform.

Folks in Redmond are probably laughing at all of this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    look_alive and Dunmanway Emar like this.
    11-15-13 12:55 PM
    Funny, I'm a member of the reality posse and I find her perspective to be very refreshing. She buys BB products and provides timely, well thought out, responses.
    Don't you remember? Even of you buy BB you are never allowed to say ANYTHING negative about them. They do no wrong and their phones are perfect!!! How dare anyone say anything otherwise. If you do then go buy an iPhone or Android phone because we don't want you. BB is the only phone that can do it ALL. The other phones are just poor imitations.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-15-13 12:56 PM
    But a year too late....

Timing is EVERTHING in this market and you cant turn the clock back.
    This.

Why are you even wasting your time telling people it's to late?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 12:56 PM
    So much derision for blackberry here, no need to actually spread it without a logical need too.

I don't post in Ios forums or android forums about what they're platforms lack for me. Though a few certain ones here seem to be on a war party.

Though I am not saying we should be walled off from all negativity some of you are just borderline obscene in the way you keep repeating arguments.

Make the argument and then give it a Window of time to see what develops from that point onward, otherwise you just treading water, and for what?

Posted via CB10
    I guess that is what happens when you have such an incredibly funny thesis like the OP has shown us with this thread.
    It really is hard not to burst out laughing out loud, when reading the title.
    The app gap hasn't been closed and the question arises if the OP can even be serious.

The last time I encountered him, he wanted to tell me that the Z30 scored just as well in benchmarks as other current flagships and that the Z30 doesn't lag behind in terms of specs.
    It was another moment of great amusement, paired with the question if the OP really is serious or if he is pulling some legs.

Posted via CB10
    look_alive, bbq10l and Terser Nori like this.
    11-15-13 12:57 PM
    lol.

the majority of ppl will still have a app gap problem. welcome to reality and real world. not your little leaked OS and sideload circle.
    11-15-13 12:57 PM
    This.

Posted via CB10
    The thread is titled "what is the next complaint". He has given a complaint. They are too late.
    11-15-13 12:58 PM
    I
    For banking apps, it will have a different effect. We don't really have any choice but to blacklist BB devices. If we see a BB10 user using our apps, we absolutely know it's a pirated copy of the app, and the security risk is too high for us.

If BB goes through with this option of encouraging their customers to scurry around looking for bootleg apps, some people will just blacklist BB and focus attention on WP8 as the third platform.

And this is where I am. I actually thinks this hurts the brand. I know that will get me stoned and most likely labeled with the *gasp!* "seeker of negativity" label, but I don't see how this works for BBRY's long term strategy as a viable OS option.
    11-15-13 12:59 PM
    How does this affect paid apps? Some of don't want to run adware all the time, and at least one app that I use a lot (tunepal) doesn't have a free version.
    11-15-13 01:00 PM
    and after you download the store
    you can download the apps direct within the appstore
    Amazon store 1mobile store blackmart store confirm work

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055
    Funny, One mobile has a banner telling me 3 viruses have been detected. I know it's just an ad, but I hate places that serve shady ads like that.
    look_alive likes this.
    11-15-13 01:00 PM

How couldn't they?
    They probably began laughing around the time when BlackBerry implemented the Android runtime...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:01 PM
    This.

Posted via CB10
    It's still valid opinion, though. How does that infer that he/she doesn't like BBRY?

It adds a dispassionate perspective that should be considered IMHO.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-15-13 01:02 PM
    How does this affect paid apps? Some of don't want to run adware all the time, and at least one app that I use a lot (tunepal) doesn't have a free version.
    Great question.

I don't know. I do have my suspicions, but I'll defer to someone who actually knows..
    11-15-13 01:03 PM
    Your failure to see the reality of the situation because of an emotional response does not make it BS.

1st - No one is saying 10.2.1 is not awesome. It is. No one is saying it's not a giant leap in the right direction - it is.

2nd - What folks have said is definitively, "The app gap is not closed." And iIt's not. Any fitness enthusiast will tell you that. Endomondo, runtastic addidas mycoach and dozens of other training apps remain without heart rate monitor support. The fact that google apps will fail trying to call any of several dozen remaining unsupported Android and BB10 APIs means that many of the Android apps downloaded from Amazon and other sites don't function as intended or at all. Never mind that they don't automatically update.

3. Please realize that there is more than enough food grown and produced to feed the world, that does not mean that the world's hunger problem is solved.

Over the decade I have used BBs I have seen the smartphone space become increasingly consumer oriented. And BB was at $120 a share. And as the young consumers became college graduates and law school graduates and doctors and accountants and MBAs and heads of tech departments, the pressure they exerted on the business world to adopt their consumer friendly phones eventually won out. They are now the IT gatekeepers, and they dislike the BB, and BBRY is selling for under $7 a share.

So excuse me please if I am terribly short with the ignorant posters who's set response to everything is if you don't think BB is perfect the way it is go get another device. This moronic mindset has sunk BB and no longer has a place on these forums, let alone in response to those trying to correct an ill informed OP. BB is not running Android Jelly Bean! It allows a portion of the Android runtime to operate in a sandbox on the device. Hence all Android JB applications are not nearly compatible with BB10 and the app gap is not closed. This is not an opinion on a subjective matter, this is reality. You may not like natural selection, but it is a fact.
    11-15-13 01:04 PM
    haha that App Gap isn't gone. It just looks different and to get across it, there's a very inconvenient bridge that THE AVERAGE, NON-CRACKBERRY USER will NOT try to learn.
    Last edited by SK122387; 11-15-13 at 02:28 PM.
    11-15-13 01:04 PM
    That's like saying I shouldn't watch Sony movies on my Samsung TV. If the app runs great with ease what is the deal?

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    going to be hard to top a worse analogy than this one
    11-15-13 01:06 PM
1,792 ... 678910 ...