You truly believe the app gap is gone? C'mon.
    Where have you been?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-15-13 08:00 AM
    Oh stop bringing facts into it.

Still need to sideload.

App gap is still firmly in place.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    On 10.2.1 you don't quite need to sideload.

You can download from the Google Play website.

11-15-13 08:01 AM
    ...now BlackBerry / BBRY need to simply market the Z10, Z30, Q10 and Q5 and future devices and OS' properly.
    Umm.....app gap is not gone...its still very present.

Only us blackberry fanatics and tech nerds have apk files installed and have loaded 10.2.1 on our devices.

The average joe doesnt know how to do the above mentioned things and they would consider it a hassle to do it.

Until the day (not sure when or if it will come) that all bb users can readilly have apps available to download whether it be the bb world or google play store.....app gap will continue to exist
    You are definitely right. Some people are so pessimistic and get mad when others don't spew the same hate. You comment makes too much sense so watch out for the seekers of negativity.
    El Oh freakin' El.

Is that a new term for "The Usual Suspects?"
    11-15-13 08:02 AM
    Scouring the internet for apk files is not something that little instagram Ashley wants to do. She wants to download it from the store. And get all her apps from the same pre-loaded place
    11-15-13 08:02 AM
    "Your not allowed to be happy BlackBerry user until everyone else is happy"

*rolls eyes*

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 and anon3969612 like this.
    11-15-13 08:04 AM
    Where have you been?
    In another world, clearly.

Hey, I'm all for the joy of new things. For established BB10 users inclined to tinker, I get that the latest developments are monumental. But the app gap being completely gone? Wow.

If that is what "optimism" is, that emotion needs to be outlawed for the good of mankind.
    11-15-13 08:05 AM

Hey, I'm all for the joy of new things. For established BB10 users inclined to tinker, I get that the latest developments are monumental. But the app gap being completely gone? Wow.

If that is what "optimism" is, that emotion needs to be outlawed for the good of mankind.
    Way to try and make an argument way to personal... lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:08 AM
    So the app gap is gone for BB fans and fanatics. How about for the rest of the world?
    11-15-13 08:10 AM

I was merely pointing out the fact that the solution is almost here, and that it has been confirmed by insiders. Of course BlackBerry would have had to say that the Google Play Store is not coming, as it would otherwise be manipulating the Stock, especially as they probably don't have a firm date or time frame.

Sorry, I can see how my remark could come off as dickish.

11-15-13 08:13 AM
    I was merely pointing out the fact that the solution is almost here, and that it has been confirmed by insiders. Of course BlackBerry would have had to say that the Google Play Store is not coming, as it would otherwise be manipulating the Stock, especially as they probably don't have a firm date or time frame.

Sorry, I can see how my remark could come off as dickish.

Nah... fun discussion LOL. No offense taken; I know you're open to good debate.
    11-15-13 08:14 AM
    BlackBerry fo life!

Posted via CB10
    GS51 likes this.
    11-15-13 08:15 AM
    You truly believe the app gap is gone? C'mon.
    Troy let's be logical here for a moment and not just try to put everything down.
    10.2 does push BB10 in right direction...It brings in tremendous API's and runtime improvements to make the porting process to BlackBerry World from Android Apps lot easier...From developers standpoint that means lot less development work and more returns...While I am not declaring any kind of victory but BlackBerry is on right path towards Closing the App Gap..

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:15 AM
    Um, with access to 150k apps on bbworld and 1 million android apps.. Yeah i do.
    City guides aren't apps, so the number is approximately 1,050,000 apps. Now other than the few hundred users here with BB10 phones already, how many consumers and carrier sales reps know anything about possible Android app access?
    Until we can see a BB10 phone in a carrier display running Netflix or Instagram, like the competition, BlackBerry can't claim anything to consumers

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 08:16 AM
    Scouring the internet for apk files is not something that little instagram Ashley wants to do. She wants to download it from the store. And get all her apps from the same pre-loaded place
    Hey ashley. Get all your apps from 1mobile. She's a big girl, it's not so hard

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    forget instagram Ashley

Instagram fan Qbnkelt wants to go go either Google Play Store or BlackBerry world and get the app OTA and get updates OTA.

If Instagram fan Qbnkelt can do that from her device, then I stand corrected. If that is not possible, then Instagram fan Qbnkelt considers the app gap to remain firmly in place.
    If all you want is apps go buy an android! I want a reliable fast phone with awesome communication tools! And BlackBerry delivers that in a very stylish package! All models!

I

Posted via CB10
    forget instagram Ashley

Instagram fan Qbnkelt wants to go go either Google Play Store or BlackBerry world and get the app OTA and get updates OTA.

If Instagram fan Qbnkelt can do that from her device, then I stand corrected. If that is not possible, then Instagram fan Qbnkelt considers the app gap to remain firmly in place.
    Really? Remember when there were no app stores? Everything was done from the website of the app you wanted. Now it's in no way that difficult. Download directly from the gplay website or install from a variety of android app stores

missing_K-W and xiaohuaxing like this.
    11-15-13 08:18 AM
    Way to try and make an argument way to personal... lol

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't meant to be personal. More sardonic than anything.

Sorry if it came across that way.

I guess if that app gap didn't exist before (which we could logically hypothesize using BB10 as a daily driver denotes) I guess the new leak would clearly be considered the ultimate bridge).
    11-15-13 08:20 AM
    So the app gap is gone for BB fans and fanatics. How about for the rest of the world?
    Since you asked, I consider myself part of the rest of the world.

There will always be an "app gap". Apple, Android, Windows and BB all have apps that others do not. So to say the app gap is gone is just wrong.

BB has (and has always had) the core apps to attract enough customers to thrive. Apps won't save BB as we knew it, maybe nothing will. The only real hope is customers.
    11-15-13 08:21 AM
    BlackBerry has tried to offer the best of both worlds and yet people still ***** and moan. First world problems continue.

11-15-13 08:22 AM
    Troy let's be logical here for a moment and not just try to put everything down.
    10.2 does push BB10 in right direction...It brings in tremendous API's and runtime improvements to make the porting process to BlackBerry World from Android Apps lot easier...From developers standpoint that means lot less development work and more returns...While I am not declaring any kind of victory but BlackBerry is on right path towards Closing the App Gap..

Posted via CB10
    Ah. You just put everything down too, because you've all but said the SAME thing I did, no?

Doesn't sound like your believe the app battle had been won either?
    11-15-13 08:22 AM
    If all you want is apps go buy an android! I want a reliable fast phone with awesome communication tools! And BlackBerry delivers that in a very stylish package! All models!

I

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I've got an Android. And an iPhone. And SEVERAL BlackBerry devices.

This awesome communication tool dropped all my email accounts last week without letting me know that it was having a nervous breakdown. Again. As it had before. So I haven't been bothered to deal with its little attacks for a whole week.

You know what has never dropped any email accounts for me? Neither any of my Android devices nor any of my iPhones. So as that awesome communication tool sat idle, my two other devices never skipped a beat.

I don't care one flying fig about a stylish device. I want a smartphone to keep my accounts running as they should...silly me....
    bbq10l, LWKING, 1magine and 12 others like this.
    11-15-13 08:23 AM
    Really? Remember when there were no app stores? Everything was done from the website of the app you wanted. Now it's in no way that difficult. Download directly from the gplay website or install from a variety of android app stores

Yup there were no app stores. Back in 2008. But this is 2013 and I expect that my tech would have advanced.

It's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of not wanting to be bothered to have to set a romantic date with a USB cord.
    11-15-13 08:25 AM
1,792 1234 ...