Alright, so I'm sort of new to the blackberry world but I am waiting for the tour to come out for verizon so I can finally have a phone that does what I need.... or so I thought. I've been keeping up with the news and everything but I'm starting to get a little confused. what are the phones coming out for verizon? Are they the tour and the atlas? Or the tour and onyx? I just need to know what I should wait for. As far as I've heard, the onyx is better than the tour but is coming out later than it, but where does this leave the atlas? Is it even with verizon?
    06-22-09 10:08 AM
    There are a million threads that will both answer your questions and confuse you all the more. Enjoy using the search button, works great!
    06-22-09 10:47 AM
    If you are on Verizon you were correct in waiting for the Tour. That is the best full QWERTY that will be coming to Verizon in 2009 based on our reports from people in the know.

The other BlackBerrys coming to Verizon this year are the Atlas (not as robust as the Tour), and the Odin (Storm 2, so it will not have a physical QWERTY keyboard).

The Onyx will be coming to AT&T exclusively, so that will not be an option for you if you remain on Verizon.

Most likely the Tour is the phone you want. But, as other posters have pointed out, it is best to try reading more threads or using the search feature next time before starting a new thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:24 AM
    Alright, so I'm sort of new to the blackberry world but I am waiting for the tour to come out for verizon so I can finally have a phone that does what I need.... or so I thought. I've been keeping up with the news and everything but I'm starting to get a little confused. what are the phones coming out for verizon? Are they the tour and the atlas?
    Other than the recently released Pearl Flip, the Tour is the only other phone officially announced at this point. The president of VZW did state in an interview there would be a second generation Storm 2 "within the next six months or so".
    06-22-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD