I have found this web site and even though I don't own a blackberry YET, I am hooked.(Have to keep minimizing the screen when my husband comes into the office)
    My daughter and I are each about to purchase the Bold, We both want one, I dont know why,Just because.
    They are not yet in stock, in Aust, but can someone tell me please, WHY do you all email when you can sms? And looking thru the forums,there are a lot of questions,about things that don't work etc, does that mean blackberry's break down a lot? Would appreciate an experienced crackberry"s opinion
    To tell me in 100 words or less what are the advantages of a Blackberry over a normal cell phone?
    08-24-08 09:47 PM
    I have found this web site and even though I don't own a blackberry YET, I am hooked.(Have to keep minimizing the screen when my husband comes into the office)
    My daughter and I are each about to purchase the Bold, We both want one, I dont know why,Just because.
    They are not yet in stock, in Aust, but can someone tell me please, WHY do you all email when you can sms? And looking thru the forums,there are a lot of questions,about things that don't work etc, does that mean blackberry's break down a lot? Would appreciate an experienced crackberry"s opinion
    To tell me in 100 words or less what are the advantages of a Blackberry over a normal cell phone?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I'm not sure how to answer your question because it will just lead to more questions; which is OK - you'll just be getting a whole lot of different opinions.

My most honest answer is that BlackBerries run clean compared to other phones in the same category. I believe it has more to do with the operating system than the actual phone itself. I've had Treos and Windows Mobile phones that all turned out to be junk in the long run.

I'm satisfied now having a phone that doesnt reset whenever it feels like or doesnt decide that my alarm is not necessary. Most of the problems you'll read regarding BB mainly come down to user error; but those errors are fixable.

Now, the carrier on the other hand is different. Some carriers offer full use of all its features while others block certain features.

In a nutshell, if you want a phone that you dont have to worry about falling apart or no longer functioning before your contract is up, then I'd strongly suggest a BB. This is coming from someone who has had every high-end phone my carrier has offered.
    08-24-08 09:55 PM
    BBs have two unique messaging methods - PIN messaging and BlackBerry messenger. Both use data which means you don't have a limit (like SMS) as to how much you write. And to me it's easier to send pics through BBM than any other method.

There is one word that I use with BlackBerrys, especially when comparing them to other mobile devices - stability. Probably the most stable OS on the market. And I think nearly 300,000 other CB members can attest to that.
    08-24-08 10:11 PM
    I agree 49 ways blackberry os is way more stable than a palm or winmo device. I've never regretted buying a blackberry once

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:19 PM
    I too am waiting for the Bold to become available (with AT&T). I wanted to ask a couple of additional questions. BTW, I have an old Samsung phone with Tmobile and I was going to buy the Curve but after waiting for so long to upgrade my phone I decided to wait for the Bold. I need to change from Tmobile because I get very lousy service in my area - AT&T appears better.

When the day comes I get to buy the Bold, is there any reason why I shouldn't ask the AT&T employees help me get it set up? I see there are all sorts of videos on this website showing how to unbox a phone, etc. I am not a techie so I prefer to get someone to get some of the functions set up for me. I would go to Best Buy if I was buying a Curve and have them help me. I muddle through it but I am anxious to have it all up and running very quickly without user delay. Second, will I get the best deal by buying the Bold from AT&T as a new customer with a new 2 year plan or will I get a better deal if I get a cheap BB ($49) from AT&T while I wait for the Bold to come out. My current phone is getting so old it has been failing lately so I cannot hold out much longer but I really do not want pay for a new phone now and then buy the Bold a couple of weeks later unless there is a good financial strategy to do it that way. Any feedback will be appreciated. I cannot wait to be a BB user and see what I am missing!
    08-24-08 10:45 PM
    There should be no reason why an AT&T employee shouldn't help you set it up and go through some of the basic features to get you going.

What you could do to get a new phone while waiting for the Bold is to sign up with AT&T and get a free phone. Most carriers have a 30 day return policy. As long as the Bold comes out in 30 days, you return your free phone and upgrade to a Bold. The ethics are questionable, but you will be signing up for a more expensive service.
    08-24-08 11:06 PM
    Less than 100? Almost impossible.

1st - Welcome to CB.

A blackberry is not just a cell phone.

If has the ability to do almost anything you want in a mobile device.

Call, sms, email, camera, surf, mp3s, videos, alarm, calendar, weather, maps. The list is almost endless.

We're even waiting for an application that will turn it into a remote.

The reasons for the questions are because, it's not just a cell phone and the CB community has the ability and the desire to help those in need. Something that may be lacking from your carriers support team.

08-24-08 11:27 PM
    Thanks guys, very exciting to get replies!!!Im in Australia, and as you know we are a bit backward over here, so the whole bb phenomenom just isn't happening, so I am relying on you addicts to help. Thanks, will be back in a couple of weeks when my daughter and I get our black beauties!!!!
    08-24-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD