i just got the tour (i have verizon) and am so confused about the mailboxes. i have one "envelope" icon that has a little globe on it. all of my personal emails go to this mailbox (when i scroll over it it says my email address). then i have another icon that is a phone with a mini envelope on top. this is where my SMS and MMS go (i also get a text when i have a voicemail to this location). then, i have a third plain mailbox icon and when i scroll over it it says "messages". it seems this mailbox keeps a copy of all of my conversations and is also where i get something that would say "missed call" or something like that. all of my emails that come from facebook also go to this mailbox instead of coming through my personal email which is weird.

can someone give me insight as to why i have so many mailboxes? i prefer to have one mailbox for emails and one for texts. i also don't like getting messages when i have a voicemail, is there a way to stop this?

thank you!!!!
    11-04-09 08:58 AM
    uh that is just the way it is! if it is that big of a deal hide one of your email mailboxes and then change the seperation of the sms/mms &email messages!
    11-04-09 09:03 AM
    You have a couple options. Use each email icon for separate emails from each address. Service books sent to the phone are was cause the envelopes to show up.

As Thinkamp stated you can hide these. When you do this you can use the main message icon. All messages, emails, missed call(iff option is turn on for logging) will show up here, even BBM messages.

When you open messages icon, it will show all messages on the devices, if you clear this inbox it will remove all email, messages, etc from the phone. You can choose to have SMS and email separate as well.

So if you wish to shrink down the icons, you can hide them and run everything from one icon.
    11-04-09 09:08 AM
    To get all messages in one folder, open your "messages" folder, hit the menu button then go to "options". Where it says "sms and email inboxes" select combined. By doing this your email, sms, mms, facebook, missed calls, and whatever else will be delivered to the "messages" folder. From what I understand this is what you want.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 11-04-09 at 09:43 AM.
    11-04-09 09:40 AM
    hmmm what i think i really want is to have my ssm and mms come to ONE folder and then have my emails in a SEPERATE folder and that's it. is that a possibility? i'm starting to think it's not.
    11-04-09 10:28 AM
    i also prefer not to even get a "missed call" message but if there is no way to turn it off i guess i prefer it in my "sms and mms" folder.
    11-04-09 10:29 AM
    i also prefer not to even get a "missed call" message but if there is no way to turn it off i guess i prefer it in my "sms and mms" folder.
    Press the green phone button. Then press menu, options. Select Call Logging and then change the option to none. This will disable the missed calls from showing in the messages folder.

General Options
    SMS and Email Inboxes--Separate.

If the Facebook messages are bothersome in your messages folder, go to the Facebook app. Menu, Options, uncheck integrate Facebook with Blackberry Message application.

You will now have, Messages with all your emails, SMS and MMS with these only, and your Facebook notifications will only be in your Facebook App.

Messages is where all messages go, regardless of email address. Each email address also has its own icon which can be hidden as stated previously.
    11-04-09 10:56 AM
    oh great thanks! if i'm no longer logging missed class, will i still get a missed call icon on my screen so i at least know i had a missed call or is that the whole purpose of logging missed calls?
    11-04-09 10:59 AM
    oh great thanks! if i'm no longer logging missed class, will i still get a missed call icon on my screen so i at least know i had a missed call or is that the whole purpose of logging missed calls?
    Yes you will still get the missed call icon on your screen. Changing the options in Call Logging, just hides the missed calls in the messages app.

All calls are still logged and if you get to a point and need to go back to get a number which is no longer in the phone app, you can go to messages, view folder, phone call logs, and see a lot longer back.
    11-04-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD