I was really holding on to my key2 for dear life but it died in mexico. Have only had blackberries since 2000 but with nothing one the horizon, I had to move on. Got the pixel 6 and while i hate typing on it, I will adjust. It's so friggin fast.

Goodbye friends
    11-28-21 07:12 PM
    I was really holding on to my key2 for dear life but it died in mexico. Have only had blackberries since 2000 but with nothing one the horizon, I had to move on. Got the pixel 6 and while i hate typing on it, I will adjust. It's so friggin fast.

Goodbye friends
    Enjoy your Pixel 6.

It's a great device overall. It's better than the KEY2 in every way aside from the keyboard and notification LED.
    nevilleadaniels and Flatman like this.
    11-28-21 09:16 PM
    Same. I just ordered an iPhone 13 Pro. It was needing to charge every hour that finally got me.

If anyone knows of good articles of tips and guides that ease the trauma of switching from mote than 20 years pkb to iPhone, please point me.
    11-29-21 05:19 AM

If anyone knows of good articles of tips and guides that ease the trauma of switching from mote than 20 years pkb to iPhone, please point me.
    Only one I could think of is installing Gboard on the iPhone and turning on haptic feedback. The thing is that it does not take nearly all the advantage of that haptic motor that it could, so it feels weak but it could be great if Gboard somehow allowed you to tweak the vibration intensity.

Other than that, it's like any other slab...won't ever feel like a PKB, but our Berry's are starting to get a bit old now.
    11-29-21 05:59 AM
    Enjoy your Pixel 6.

It's a great device overall. It's better than the KEY2 in every way aside from the keyboard and notification LED.
    Though not the same as a dedicated led, I use an app called "aodnotify" to simulate the same experience on my 6 Pro.

I got the pro version of the app using Play Store credits.
    11-29-21 08:07 AM
    I think it's just going to take a month of typing to get reasonably good. I never used autocorrect or autofinish before but now it's a necessity. Oh well, the phone is so God damn fast... I'll live.
    11-29-21 10:22 AM
    And same on the battery. I was contemplating swapping it out on my dual sim key2. I already replaced the LCD 2x. But a dunk in a pool sealed it's fate. Rip good buddy
    11-29-21 10:23 AM
    Pixel is the way I'll probably end up going as well when my KEY2 finally dies. As of now I'm charging on my way in to work and also on my way back to get through the day (I have a 40-minute commute each way, so it tops up the charge enough.) I tried (oh, how I tried!) to love the Titan Pocket, but these old eyes just couldn't take that small screen much longer. Since OM seems to be MIA, I guess my run of physical keyboard/BlackBerry devices may be near the end.
    11-29-21 11:57 AM
    I've moved to Pixel myself from my Key2, first an old Pixel 3 and now Pixel 6. I put BB keyboard on both, works perfect and as mentioned above adNotify works great as a LED replacement.
    11-29-21 01:47 PM
    What exactly does aodnotify work?
    11-29-21 02:26 PM
    What exactly does aodnotify work?
    You mean "how"?

It basically uses the always-on screen to add a flashing ring around the selfie camera.
    11-29-21 02:32 PM
    You mean "how"?

It basically uses the always-on screen to add a flashing ring around the selfie camera.
    Yes, I meant how. Is it a battery hog?
    11-29-21 02:34 PM
    Yes, I meant how. Is it a battery hog?
    On an AMOLED screen? Nope. It barely registers.
    11-29-21 02:34 PM
    On an AMOLED screen? Nope. It barely registers.
    I wouldn't be concerned about how much battery the pixels that light up use, but more the app itself. If it's constantly running in the background, I don't know if I could expect efficiency.

He also didn't specify which app works well, there are several of these on the Store.
    11-29-21 03:29 PM
    I wouldn't be concerned about how much battery the pixels that light up use, but more the app itself. If it's constantly running in the background, I don't know if I could expect efficiency.

He also didn't specify which app works well, there are several of these on the Store.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=DAcGJKPC

I tried it. Battery use is negligible.
    11-29-21 03:46 PM
    ...Have only had blackberries since 2000 but with nothing one the horizon, I had to move on...Goodbye friends
    You don't need to say goodbye. Lots of us have been on non BlackBerry devices for a while but we are still here on CB.
    Laura Knotek and RCJ28 like this.
    11-29-21 04:18 PM
    You mean "how"?

Thank you.

Also to add:

It also adds effects around the screen edge if you prefer.

Colours and effects can be changed as needed. Remember the old BlackBerry days of having a different led colour per contact, that can be done as well.

I'm not trying to sell anything, nor will I help anyone set this up or offer support. Many resources already exist about this.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-21 07:52 PM

1% battery usage while running for over 17 hours.

Again, individual results may vary.

Pixel 6 Pro
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-21 08:14 PM
    Thank you.

Also to add:

It also adds effects around the screen edge if you prefer.

Colours and effects can be changed as needed. Remember the old BlackBerry days of having a different led colour per contact, that can be done as well.

I'm not trying to sell anything, nor will I help anyone set this up or offer support. Many resources already exist about this.
    Thanks for the info. I was curious about it!
    11-30-21 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the info. I was curious about it!
    I think this YouTube video explains most of what this app can do:

An older Samsung phone is used, however, it looks the same on the Pixel 6 Pro.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-30-21 08:38 PM
    is there. a similar app for iphone?
    12-07-21 04:37 AM
    is there. a similar app for iphone?
    Dunno.

I don't use Apple products.
    12-07-21 05:59 AM