I remember a few months back an ex-BB employee stating that whilst he was REALLY hacked off at being made redundant he told everyone on the Z10 forum to hang tight as he had been working on what was coming next. He, very loyally, said that despite having had his livelihood taken away from him, that the vision of mobile computing we were to see was way beyond anything we'd seen before and asked everyone on these forums to hang on in there as we would all see the fruits of his, and many others, labours. Just that it would take a few months.

Many people offered him a dev job, I hope he got one!

Couple this with the fact that TH has stated recently that he reminds himself and his staff every day that the public are nowhere near the version that they are working on. In comparison to iOS and Android, doesn't that make you wonder?

After all, iOS7 could just be Apples Windows 8 from the reactions I'm seeing from iPhone users and just how much hardware spec upgrade can Samsung keep ramming in for the same experience whilst finishing off HTC in the process?

Maybe Blackberry just have to keep hanging on in there, however they do it (maybe one day they'll get a decent marketeer!) , because it's they who have the new OS full of possibilities, not the above.

And, if the man who posted back March/April is to believed (and there's no reason why not), they might just be on the path to something special whilst others fade away...
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 08-26-13 at 06:14 PM.
    08-26-13 05:58 PM
    It certainly doesn't hurt to dream a little dream And, I really hope they ARE working on something new, different, and exciting. That's exactly what they need to gain back popularity and market share, along with some better marketing.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:06 PM
    I think I remember that thread...

I and many other CB members hope you are right too!

Unfortunately, this thread is probably doomed to receive the wrong type of attention.
    Hoping in advance folks can play nice and discuss the topic.
    08-26-13 06:09 PM
    It's the marketing!

PLEASE GOD BLACKBERRY! DO SOME PROPER MARKETING!!!
    08-26-13 06:09 PM
    They have it right. I feel more that there are big cie's lobbying against them. I mean look at z10 and i5. No wonder our z10 is superior. And look at all the bad reviews they get. It's becoming a joke nowadays to read a good review .they have to hang on there.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:10 PM
    I think I remember that thread...

I and many other CB members hope you are right too!

Unfortunately, this thread is probably doomed to receive the wrong type of attention.
    Hoping in advance folks can play nice and discuss the topic.
    Bah, let them. 10.2 is coming. It's cool. We've heard it all before. I smell a change afoot and if BB can hang on in there they may just be perfectly positioned.

I suspect when we get to 10.3 they'll be saying something very different.
    08-26-13 06:13 PM
    The problem is the time to get to 10.3!!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 06:16 PM
    The problem is the time to get to 10.3!!

Posted via CB10
    I agree! It's very nip and tuck but if they can then in the meantime the rest will not be pulling up any trees at all...

That's the opportunity on offer here - and on a global scale. When you think of it like that maybe BB10 wasn't such a big gamble after all - could be wrong!
    08-26-13 06:19 PM