I've been popping in on the site since Kevin announced he purchased it back in January. Since then, after a lot of big proclamations, its been a complete ghost town. Is anything happening or has Kevin just decided that there isn't enough left in the scrap heap here to actually do anything with this site anymore.

I say this with affection as I've always loved CrackBerry, but my god its been a graveyard since Kevin announced he was taking it back over. Anyone have any insights here? Kevin has been mostly silent on it.
    irob20000 and Matty like this.
    05-29-22 05:20 AM
    I've been popping in on the site since Kevin announced he purchased it back in January. Since then, after a lot of big proclamations, its been a complete ghost town. Is anything happening or has Kevin just decided that there isn't enough left in the scrap heap here to actually do anything with this site anymore.

I say this with affection as I've always loved CrackBerry, but my god its been a graveyard since Kevin announced he was taking it back over. Anyone have any insights here? Kevin has been mostly silent on it.
    We can only go back and read what he wrote. He stated that Crackberry 2.0 would probably take most of the year to implement and find it's way. It will not be centered around Blackberry but promises to leave a portal to visit these old forums. Yes I would think that the current forums would become a managed scrap heap.

So keeping yer pants on in the meantime is all we can do until he speaks.
    05-29-22 12:52 PM
    I'll leave this saying here. "Good things, come to those who wait"

as Kevin stated in his previous posts, there is a much bigger vision for Crackberry that goes beyond Blackberry (obviously). I'm sure Kevin is looking for staff and contributors to get a locked and loaded team ready to begin.

If we don't hear anything before the end of July then we can get worried but for now, just enjoy the quite time because im sure by the end of 2022 there will be much to discuss here!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-29-22 03:15 PM
    I like how everyone is so patient but rakes SES under the coals.
    Laserdrome3 and irob20000 like this.
    05-29-22 08:06 PM
    I like how everyone is so patient but rakes SES under the coals.
    Well we haven't been waiting for 2 1/2 years for Kevin to drop the concept?? Perhaps?? Don't be silly.
    Trouveur likes this.
    05-29-22 08:14 PM
    Well we haven't been waiting for 2 1/2 years for Kevin to drop the concept?? Perhaps?? Don't be silly.
    SES is some person on his college dorm. Kevin is a different league. Be nice to get an update.
    irob20000 and shakingthrough like this.
    05-29-22 08:23 PM
    If Crackberry 2.0 is still about the antique BlackBerry s then it's pulling a dead horse and he had better burned his money elsewhere.
    05-30-22 01:46 AM
    If Crackberry 2.0 is still about the antique BlackBerry s then it's pulling a dead horse and he had better burned his money elsewhere.
    It's beyond BlackBerry.
    05-30-22 04:21 AM
    Crackberry 2.0 is the new Onward mobility 😂

Jokes aside. Things can take time. I'm sure Kevin will pull out something cool. new podcast to keep us waiting would be nice too.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-31-22 10:37 AM
    I get that these things take time, and that isn't what I'm talking about. What I find odd is that there is ZERO discussion surrounding it. Not in his twitter, not in here. He hasn't posted an update since February. Seems like there would at least be some type of discussion surrounding it.
    06-03-22 03:58 AM
    Those in the VIP club might know more.
    06-03-22 05:51 AM
    Those in the VIP club might know more.
    I'm in it, and there hasn't been a peep.
    06-03-22 06:45 AM
    I'm in it, and there hasn't been a peep.
    ...it hasn't been a "graveyard" at all, all the regulars still post (Conite, Chuck, Dunt, Jeep, Yammers etc.) and there are threads going. You're conflating the lack of BlackBerry news with the activity on these forums perhaps? Be that as it may, I'm sure something's in the works, CBK owns the site and will do as and when he pleases. We're along for the ride which isn't costing us by the way.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-22 08:18 AM
    ...it hasn't been a "graveyard" at all, all the regulars still post (Conite, Chuck, Dunt, Jeep, Yammers etc.) and there are threads going. You're conflating the lack of BlackBerry news with the activity on these forums perhaps? Be that as it may, I'm sure something's in the works, CBK owns the site and will do as and when he pleases. We're along for the ride which isn't costing us by the way.
    Graveyard in the sense that Kevin hasn't said anything since February, which I was pretty clear on. And I was just asking.
    06-03-22 12:11 PM
    I had a short exchange with CBK and yes he is very busy right now and is hoping that everyone is enjoying the continued existence of the Forum's in the meantime. Patience....

No sneak peeks...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Owlwarrior like this.
    06-07-22 10:18 AM
    For myself, I have been here since the beginning and I am in for the long haul. I know I am not at active as I used to be, but it’s been a long year for me personally.

I look forward to what Kevin is going to do with CB 2.0, I know good things take time and I for one are willing to wait.
    06-07-22 06:23 PM
    Can we be a bit patient? Not like we are waiting for a new phone or attachable keyboard
    JeepBB, Ph1llip, dmlis and 1 others like this.
    06-07-22 08:10 PM
    But an update how things are or show up in the comments once a month shouldn't be a problem.
    06-08-22 04:36 AM
    But an update how things are or show up in the comments once a month shouldn't be a problem.
    Especially when in one of the comments back in January he said it would just be a few months.

You know how you buy a old house that needs some fixing up, and all your friends are excited for you and offer to help.... then a month later and it's yours and you need to get started... and everyone is busy. You start digging into the walls and it soon turns into a much bigger job and expense than you thought.

Much like with OM, I don't see a point in not building on the excitement and keeping engaged with users.
    06-08-22 07:12 AM
    Would really get the crowd going if the onward mobility (rejected) designs and prototypes were leaked out.
    06-08-22 07:53 AM
    Would really get the crowd going if the onward mobility (rejected) designs and prototypes were leaked out.
    I believe you’ve seen them somewhere in this very thread, or at least the same comparable for posterity sake
    06-08-22 08:45 AM
    I believe you’ve seen them somewhere in this very thread, or at least the same comparable for posterity sake
    Those paper napkins sketches will be worth a fortune to some BlackBerry collector....
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-08-22 09:05 AM
    Here's the link Chuck's referring to above. It was a scoop by Tsepz_GP.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13633372
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-08-22 09:19 AM
    Here's the link Chuck's referring to above. It was a scoop by Tsepz_GP.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13633372
    LOL can't tell if it's an OLED slider or not.

Seriously though...... Looking forward to the leaked onward mobility proposals or prototypes. Whatever tech odyssey and Kevin were privy to.
    06-08-22 09:22 AM
    LOL can't tell if it's an OLED slider or not.

Seriously though...... Looking forward to the leaked onward mobility proposals or prototypes. Whatever tech odyssey and Kevin were privy to.
    I’m waiting for @idssteve and @the_boon seasoned reviews
    06-08-22 01:04 PM
347 123 ...