I have been hearing all about this new magical BB browser thats coming out in 2010, fast, smooth, seamless, and wonderful well ? where is it? Have you noticed with RIM its always LATER than sooner?
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-26-10 at 01:48 PM.
    01-26-10 01:46 PM
    Those that know, are constrained by Non Disclosure Agreements. Those of us not constrained by NDA's, are free to speculate.

Dec 24, 2010.
    01-26-10 01:49 PM
    All I can say is don't expect it soon.
    01-26-10 01:52 PM
    Thursday?
    01-26-10 01:55 PM
    In two minutes....or jan 1 2011

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 02:07 PM
    I don't think RIM has ever stated any timeframe for the release. Anything you may hear would be complete speculation.
    01-26-10 02:12 PM
    if u can't wait...go out and get a droid or an iphone.
    01-26-10 02:16 PM
    sometime after today
    01-26-10 02:19 PM
    I love my 9700, so I can wait...but hurry up.
    01-26-10 02:22 PM
    Second Tuesday of next week...
    01-26-10 02:26 PM
    I have no idea, but it simply can't come quickly enough.
    01-26-10 02:33 PM
    Nevuary 32nd...just a guess.

I'm quite pleased with Opera Mini 5.2 and the native browser to get my surfing done. When it comes I will install it.
    01-26-10 02:47 PM
    Anytime between now and later.

01-26-10 02:56 PM
    if u can't wait...go out and get a droid or an iphone.
    Why do you think Blackberry has stopped leading in the smart phone segment? They are not even close to the other O/S that have been out now for several years. How do they expect people to stay with them if they don't at least match IPhone and Palm web OS and Google? Its not like they have not had years to try to catch up, everyone else is just zooming by them. IMO now what ever they come up with is going to be to little to late. Lately every new handset they release is just the same thing in a different case with maybe a different type of button or touch pad here or there a lot of hype but nothing really new or innovative. Why spend good money on a handset and an OS that was last top dog in 2005?? RIM needs to get serious FAST or just become another bug on Apples and Googles windshield.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-26-10 at 06:54 PM.
    01-26-10 03:04 PM
    I disagree with your assessment of the Blackberry OS and their position in the smart phone segment. However, if I did agree with you, I do not think I would own a Blackberry or spend a large amount of time on a forum constructed around it.
    01-26-10 03:27 PM
    If BlackBerry still haven't fixed a faulty OUTDATED OS (just look at the number of leaks and the people who beg for leaks because something isn't working properly) keep waiting. My guesstimation: 02/31/10

If you can't wait any longer, go to another platform and comeback to RIM when they get their s#!t together.
    01-26-10 03:50 PM
    I think they will be announcing it at WES in April, along with some newer phones(I hope).
    01-26-10 03:57 PM
    Why do you think Blackberry has stopped leading in the smart phone segment? They are not even close to the other O/S that have been out now for several years. How do they expect people to stay with them if they don't at least match IPhone and Palm web OS and Google? Its not like they have not had years to try to catch up, everyone else is just zooming by them. IMO now what ever they come up with is going to be to little to late. Lately every new handset they release is just the same thing in a different case with maybe a different type of button or touch pad here or there a lot of hype but nothing really new or innovative. Why spend good money on a handset and an OS that was last top dog in 2005?? RIM needs to get serious FAST or just become another bug on Apples and Googles windshield.
    Could not agree with you more!
    01-26-10 07:15 PM
    Why do you think Blackberry has stopped leading in the smart phone segment?
    They haven't... Unless you're talking world wide. That would be Nokia.

01-26-10 07:20 PM
    I'm going to guess sometime after I switch to Android (March 1st).

01-26-10 07:50 PM
    Well if your talking abou the Webkit noone really knows. If you're talking about the other browser that is the same as what we have now just faster.(BIS 3.0/3.1/3.5) then that should be happening this March
    01-26-10 07:51 PM
    Well if your talking abou the Webkit noone really knows. If you're talking about the other browser that is the same as what we have now just faster.(BIS 3.0/3.1/3.5) then that should be happening this March
    The browser that suppose to support flash...is that the webkit version?

01-26-10 08:33 PM
    I'm not sure what the fuss about the browser is all about. I like the BB browser. My browser speed is actually pretty good. I like the intuitive nature of it and the way it renders mobile web pages. I do understand that I don't surf the net as much as most or peruse flash-based sites. I prefer mobile sites. And I generally frequent the same 7 or 8 web sites all the time. I don't care to have flash support on my device. I like the browser the way it is.

01-26-10 09:24 PM
    Flash support = free live video broadcast nba, nfl, ncaa, mlb, soccer etc. game on ur bb.

01-26-10 10:06 PM
    I'm not sure what the fuss about the browser is all about. I like the BB browser. My browser speed is actually pretty good. I like the intuitive nature of it and the way it renders mobile web pages. I do understand that I don't surf the net as much as most or peruse flash-based sites. I prefer mobile sites. And I generally frequent the same 7 or 8 web sites all the time. I don't care to have flash support on my device. I like the browser the way it is.

i think most will not agree with you. i too like the model sites on my phone, it fits the screen and you don't half-to spend time scrolling back and forth to read the text. However I do like Opera mini for sites that don't have a mobile view, and it is heck of a lot faster.
    01-27-10 01:07 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD