Personally if I was going to change I would choose a windows phone. One thing about windows mobile is they are fast and efficient with no re boots or battery pulls. Windows has a very unique OS and I believe it will become a major contender this coming year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    True, but do they have External Storage such as a Micro SD Card Slot for their WP 8 phone?
    07-02-12 08:45 PM
    True, but do they have External Storage such as a Micro SD Card Slot for their WP 8 phone?
    Yep windows phone 8 will support microsd.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    07-02-12 09:10 PM
    I havve a friend that has a S2, his cannot do what my 9860 does.
    I'm always curious when I see claims like this: what is it that it cannot do?
    07-02-12 09:42 PM
    *sigh*

SMH. I for one am sticking with BB. If all else fails, i'm going Firefox OS
    07-02-12 10:05 PM
    Purchasing the best hardware for the least amount of money seems like the logical choice to me. The Galaxy S3 will do that.
    I am not just telling you my choice though...here are some reasons too: Since you come from a Blackberry and are used to the physical keyboard most probably, you would really appreciate the ability to try out and select whichever keyboard you can adjust to the best. I don't believe you can do that on W8 or iOS. You can on Android. There is the Samsung keyboard, Swype, Swiftkey and quite a few others. If I were in your situation, this would be my #1 reason.
    Also since you are coming from Blackberry, you are used to many email options as well as push and quick server response. With Android and the Galaxy S3, you can select from many email clients including K-9, AOSP Email, the Samsung stock email client and they all have their own set of options. If you haven't used Gmail, you should try it. The server is so fast. I've used hotmail with my Blackberry and Microsoft doesn't ping their servers nearly as frequently as Gmail. (The quickest I've ever seen is BB.net email though.)
    Just a few of my thoughts.
    -John
    07-02-12 10:34 PM
    Also, that sucks that you even have to be in this position. Wish Rim was doing better!
    07-02-12 10:37 PM
    VZW forced my hand. I had to chose hardware before new plans went into effect on 6/28 to keep my unlimited data. After much research, chose the S3. Two days later RIM dropped the bomb. I was rationalizing that I would check out the S3 and send it back if I didn't like it and wait for BB10. Now, I just don't know what to think......
    07-03-12 12:28 AM
    My 9900 does everything I need it to do, but the browser was developed by a kindergarten class as a self esteem building exercise. It backfired. The entire class offed themselves when they realized how bad it was.
    07-03-12 01:04 AM
    I wouldn't lie and say the BB bold 9900 did everything I needed it to do. I won't say that but when I need to stay connected and be in contact with my classmates and my friends reliably, my BB is the first choice I go to for communication, bar none.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-12 10:15 AM
    VZW forced my hand. I had to chose hardware before new plans went into effect on 6/28 to keep my unlimited data. After much research, chose the S3. Two days later RIM dropped the bomb. I was rationalizing that I would check out the S3 and send it back if I didn't like it and wait for BB10. Now, I just don't know what to think......
    And so what do you think of the S3?

I am in a similar position and leaning to S3 so very interested in the reactions of those who have switched. FYI - Running a Torch 9860 on Telus.

TIA - R.
    07-03-12 12:17 PM
    Surely part of the answer revolves around what ecosystem you are already using or heavily invested in?

sure you can fudge but if all your photos are on picasa, you use gmail, google drive you'd go one way, if like me you use exchange, office, skydrive you might go another..

I treat my phone as a pipe to the ecosystem rather than an end in itself.
    Agreed. I know I wouldn't get an iPhone for sure (just don't like it) but WP8 looks very intriguing. The issue for me is that I would have to move from everything from Google (Drive, Gmail, etc.) and migrate to another ecosystem. Everything w/ Google just works for me. I install chrome, it syncs exactly to how my desktop is, my contacts are linked with my Gmail, Google calendar etc.

WP8 would really need to amaze to convert me, especially now with Jelly Bean getting rid of the one weakness of android (buttery smooth )

Btw, if BB10 does work out, I think it would be a major player if they took what RIM was good at (battery, email, security etc.) and just added apps. I really think a phone that can last all day, do the business side of it, but still let someone unwind would be the perfect all in one device.

My $.02
    07-03-12 03:01 PM
    I would go mainstream this time.
    Happy with 9810+PB combo so not in a hurry.
    Last edited by aha; 07-03-12 at 09:05 PM.
    07-03-12 08:57 PM
    By no means am I an expert on tech devices, but you may want to compare data compression since the major carriers are going to be eliminating unlimited data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-03-12 09:52 PM
    This is a bit premature, but I'll let you know when all of those phones come out.
    07-04-12 12:06 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD