Get a top end Android. That is where the best money goes for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-02-12 10:17 AM
    Get a top end Android. That is where the best money goes for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How do you like the One X? I could get by with not having a removable battery, but not having a micro SD slot would be a deal killer for me. Particularly since Android supports up to 64GB cards. A 32GB Galaxy S III with a 64GB card would put me in heaven storage wise.
    07-02-12 10:31 AM
    On my nexus on have 32GB and no ext card and it has not been an issue at all. I dont have music stored on it though. Just apps/games/docs/books
    07-02-12 11:16 AM
    How do you like the One X? I could get by with not having a removable battery, but not having a micro SD slot would be a deal killer for me. Particularly since Android supports up to 64GB cards. A 32GB Galaxy S III with a 64GB card would put me in heaven storage wise.

I'm using the International version of the One X so it's 32 gig, so I'm not too worried. My BBs have 32 gig SDcards in them, so it has become a standard for me.

As for the non-removable battery, I can certainly see why they needed to do that on the One X, to achieve the slim build. However, I have gotten full day uses on it so I don't see a need for a removable battery, I always make it to the point where I have a charging point available.

I certainly see the appeal of the Galaxy S 3 because of the abovementioned features, but I hate touchwiz so I have kept away from that line since the first iteration.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 11:24 AM
    What if I say none of the above ?
    I hate all 3 I prefer blackberry, am looking forward to blackberry 10 and I damn hope RIM would succedd
    If its a must then I would go with the iPhone although I dislike it
    God this is the reason am hoping RIM survives because of lack of better alternatives
    07-02-12 11:29 AM
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

I'm not a tech guru so a lot of tech talk is like jibberish to me.

What do I want?

I want my Bold 9900 with a dual core 1.5 or more processor, I want an 8meg or higher camera with auto correct and flash, front camera, 1GB or more Ram, the most up to date display screen, HD videos, micro SD slot.. pretty much up to date basic stuff.

I don't care for a super big phone. The 9900 is perfect to me.

I'm not a big app guy. I have a few. Like BeBuzz that I love.

I love multimedia. I love plugging in my USB cord and transferring music and video's. With a cool interface.

I love BB's email and I love BBM. BIS.

For me, it's phone first, toys second.

Basically, I love BlackBerry. To be fair, I've never played with any of the other phones. I'm sure they can all give what BB gives.

I hate touchscreen, but I guess it's time to get used to it.

Hopefully this info gives everyone an idea of what I like. I appreciate those helping me out.

So why am I switching? Because I really have no idea when BB10 will be coming out. This delay hurt. I also have no idea what to expect from it. There isn't enough info. I'd love to wait for a BB10 with physical keyboard, but who the heck knows when that will even be available.

Not to mention, it's unclear whether BlackBerry will even stay in business and if they do, for how much longer? No updates, no new apps, etc etc...

Because of the delay and if RIM wants to try and stay in the game and keep it's consumers happy, they need to give us all info on what to expect. Specs, pics etc etc including the keyboard version. Get me excited and give me a reason to stay.

I almost bought the Lumia until I heard WP8 is coming out.

So why am I leaning toward WP8? Well, I heard a lot of good things about it. I hear it might be better than the competition. It may not have the market Apple and Android has, but I love what it looks like and I always loved Nokia. Plus, I always like cheering for the under dogs.

This might sound silly, but IPhone seems like a womans phone to me. Androids are like geek phones..lol

But, that wont stop me from getting one.

If BlackBerry releases its BB10 phones soon and look to stay in the game, I will switch back.

Until then, I'd like to treat myself this holiday season..
    07-02-12 11:33 AM
    On my nexus on have 32GB and no ext card and it has not been an issue at all. I dont have music stored on it though. Just apps/games/docs/books
    I'm using the International version of the One X so it's 32 gig, so I'm not too worried. My BBs have 32 gig SDcards in them, so it has become a standard for me.
    That's the thing, I store music and the 32GB card on my 9810 is not enough -- I have a second 32GB card that's also completely full with music (videos and the like get put in the internal). So I need the storage. Samsung is supposed to come out with a 64GB III S soon, I understand.
    07-02-12 11:38 AM
    What if I say none of the above ?
    I hate all 3 I prefer blackberry, am looking forward to blackberry 10 and I damn hope RIM would succedd
    If its a must then I would go with the iPhone although I dislike it
    God this is the reason am hoping RIM survives because of lack of better alternatives
    Well, there's always Symbian lol.
    07-02-12 11:40 AM
    If your in no rush, I would wait on the new iOS device and WP devices. Somewhere in that time there 'might' be more clarity on RIM's fate.

Then play with each device a couple times and see whats what from your perspective.
    07-02-12 11:44 AM
    I'm leaning towards WP8..

Any advice?
    Do a little home work first but I would check. Out the nexus and pair that with a nexus tab or try the s3 both are great phones and both are fast phones.I like androids os I love the multiple home screens the rooting and the overlooking also the new chrome browser works great. No comment on windows phone or iphone i never played with them but good luck in whatever you choose
    07-02-12 11:48 AM
    I guess if the OP needs a phone now as others have said the choice is easy since only one of them exist.
    07-02-12 11:48 AM
    WP8 and the iPhone 5 have yet to land. Galaxy S3 and HTC 1X have just come out. Google just announced Jelly Bean which begs the question of how long will it take for Jelly Bean to be incorporated into Sense and/or Touch Wiz. There will be new phones coming out soon that will ship with Jelly Bean. What this means is no matter how much I want to switch right now (which I'm really on the fence on), I can't.

If I was to have to switch right now, I wouldn't be asking what phone I should buy. I'd be asking what phone suits my requirments. My requirements are pretty much defined by the functionality I currently have on my BB that I've grown accustomed to and fit neatly into my daily workflow.

I like being able to be notified (push) for my POP email accounts. I like the how the LED and sounds can be assigned to events and contacts in different configurations based on multiple profiles. I love the keyboard (but realize that this is an area on which I might have to compromise). I love the battery life. I love the tight integration among apps which tie my messaging (email, SMS and MMS), multimedia, and social apps together seemlessly. I've grown to rely on other 'super apps' like BB Travel, BB Traffic, BB Protect, etc. I am not a gMail user or tied to anything in the Google ecosystem.

So, if I need to switch platforms, what I'm really interested in is which platform will be able to provide me with the above along with a great browsing experience as well. The limited browser in my 9650 is today supplemented by bridging my Playbook. With other platforms, I'll lose the ability to tie my tablet to my phone in a way that won't make me need to buy more data services from Sprint.

So my question is an extension of the OP's question. Which of the 3 listed (substituting a current for coming-soon Android phone for the S3 if necessary) will provide me with an experience like I've described above.

I don't prefer to have to have this discussion, but given everything that's transpired over the past few weeks, I always like to have a Plan B instead of being blindsided.

**EDIT**
    I just heard over the past couple of days that Adobe just announced that Flash Player 11.1 does not work in Jelly Bean (even though Jelly Bean delivers it). This probably needs to be addressed since there is still a lot of multimedia content that is delivered via Flash.
    Last edited by louzer; 07-02-12 at 11:56 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-02-12 11:49 AM
    This might sound silly, but IPhone seems like a womans phone to me. Androids are like geek phones..lol
    So what are us geek girls supposed to do?? And do you not see BlackBerry as a woman's phone?
    07-02-12 11:54 AM
    I've been looking at the Sony Haybusa.. This phone might trump everything else.
    07-02-12 12:54 PM
    So what are us geek girls supposed to do?? And do you not see BlackBerry as a woman's phone?
    LOL I was just being silly
    07-02-12 12:55 PM
    FWIW, BB is still well ahead of WP in US according to the latest figure from comscore.
    It must have a much bigger lead outside US.

07-02-12 02:15 PM
    None of those.
    I'd say the HTC Evo 4G LTE.
    Sprints version of the One X, but with
    a bigger battery & expandable memory.

I'm seriously considering trading my 4S for it! Have my 9930 as my main phone, & the Evo LTE as my backup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 02:21 PM
    I'm getting iPhone 5
    07-02-12 03:26 PM

Any advice?
    Bold 9900, got it on Saturday. I should have gotten it last year!

Loving the keyboard.
    07-02-12 04:33 PM
    iPhone 5 thts what Im waiting for...
    07-02-12 05:39 PM
    BB10 is still coming, just not as soon as we all hoped it would. The OS7 devices still remain viable alternatives. Plus, we really don't know what exactly iPhone 5 or WP8 will offer yet and how they will compare to BB10.
    I had BB 9700 and was waiting for a BB10. I got tired f waiting and purchased a 9860. What Rim needs to do, is satisfy it's loyal customers and release a upgraded OS for its existing customers. I remember my 9700 had the crappiest browser, and then they released OS-6. So come on Blackberry, you can still release a OS-8 or OS-9 while loyalty awaits.
    07-02-12 06:31 PM

Any advice?
    I recently got the Samsung Galaxy S3 (I have an iphone 3gs and a BB 9900). Words cannot express how amazing the GS3 is. You won't be disappointed!
    07-02-12 06:43 PM
    I tell my friends Galaxy S3
    07-02-12 07:34 PM
    I havve a friend that has a S2, his cannot do what my 9860 does.
    07-02-12 07:37 PM

Any advice?
    Personally if I was going to change I would choose a windows phone. One thing about windows mobile is they are fast and efficient with no re boots or battery pulls. Windows has a very unique OS and I believe it will become a major contender this coming year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 07:38 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD