No new native sdk or momentics ide updates have been made since early December and to top it off, the native road map has still not been updated. Did I spend a year learning cascades for nothing? The android runtime makes way more functional apis available for developers to really write some cool, unique applications......the reason why every app in BlackBerry World essentially just present information in an organized manner or perform a few of the same really simple repetitive tasks (like counting) is because there aren't apis available to developers to make things like a wifi manager application that uses geofencing to enable or disable the phones wifi connection based on the users location. So has BlackBerry totally abandoned us? Are there any native dev tools in the works that anyone knows about!?

Posted via CB10
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    04-14-14 11:45 PM
    Lessons learned are never for "nothing!"

Guessing? you don't sound too sure!
    That, in itself might answer your question.

The strongest force in the Universe is Gossip.
    If you didn't hear it from Oprah or read it in The National Enquirer... it's gossip!

If you want go with guessing, type it in the search box. You'll be re directed to the guessing section. ( you'll be surprised!)Besides, nothing is made at home any more.

What use to be "Made In America" is now Assembled in The USA. Totally!
    One thing about what's in store in the future?
    Luckily, the future only comes one day at a time!
    04-15-14 12:08 AM
    @Benjamin.. Please don't worry. That's not true. We have a meeting today with the upcoming 10.3 SDK. There's good news coming soon. Also I cannot leak out information because we are not allowed but just to let you know that you shoudn't give up and Blackberry is still here supportying native devs.
    04-15-14 12:28 AM
    @Benjamin.. Please don't worry. That's not true. We have a meeting today with the upcoming 10.3 SDK. There's good news coming soon. Also I cannot leak out information because we are not allowed but just to let you know that you shoudn't give up and Blackberry is still here supportying native devs.
    So happy to hear that!!! :-D

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 01:51 AM
    I guess the timer has elapsed: Roadmaps Updated: Looking Forward to BlackBerry 10.3 SDK OS | BlackBerry Developer Blog

It's great, if you're not an AIR developer.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-15-14 02:19 PM
    I think I'm starting to catch on to this latest phenomenon!

A lot of Posters on several new threads are "guessing" or are "sort of" or "kind of" .....and so on.

I'm guessing that this could sort of be a kind of new way to get around a Disclaimer!
    04-15-14 03:22 PM
    BlackBerry is so obsessed with android compatibility that they don't even have any plan for Qt support. Current Qt is half baked. Some work and some don't . Why they never get it. It is the android that kill native development. Who want to rewrite using cascade when they can just use android version directly.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os
    barbas79 likes this.
    04-18-14 11:49 AM
    Having android is good and improving it but I think if they started with a core android model next to the qnx it wouldn't have faced any issues by now... just a wild guess and who knows maybe in the future also android apps get the native look and feel of BlackBerry 10

have fun... keep trying... BlackBerry
    04-19-14 10:36 AM
    I guess the timer has elapsed: Roadmaps Updated: Looking Forward to BlackBerry 10.3 SDK OS | BlackBerry Developer Blog

It's great, if you're not an AIR developer.
    Yeah. As an AIR developer they pretty much kicked me off the platform lol.

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/2014...99-of-my-apps/

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-19-14 10:45 AM
    Cascades is really starting to stagnate, and instead of fixing current issues or adding requested features, they're tossing in support for a couple of obscure APIs.

Webworks is completely stagnant; no actual additions, just inclusion of new samples. BBUI hasn't had any major updates in almost a year.

Air completely severed, and all Air devs dumped along with it.

Everything here just screams "we just want to leech off Android".

I feel bad for developers, and I feel even worse for the users this will affect.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-24-14 07:56 AM
    My theory is they have done a lot of cuts into the development side.

Either they removed staff. Or replaced them with less senior - I know they let a good deal of the strong leadership team go on the development side. And they put some... let's say, not so aware, people in charge.

I think they don't have the resources right now to maintain 3 streams. The worst part is, knowing companies like this, they aren't going to take the AIR team and merge them with webworks to recover. They will probably just let them go.

Cascades is frustrating for me because I find their tutorials incomplete or faulty. And all they ever say to me is 'we will fix it when we do our next update'. It's like Uhm - its a website. Can't you fix it now?

LE sigh

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-24-14 08:24 AM