I just got an iPhone...

I only use it for music and games...other than that...my BB 8310 does everything else...emails, bbm, text, and calls...
    07-24-08 05:30 AM
    Hey good luck with the iPhone, given you're also a Mac user I don't see any realistic option (not like RIM are going to be able to offer better sync support anytime soon) and they certainly look like a nice device.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one one for personal use but couldn't imagine using it as a serious work device, its just not as efficient to me.

Now I've got Media Sync working with iTunes, a 4GB MicroSD & the Motorola S9 Bluetooth headphones with my Curve I find I'm carrying my iPod a LOT less, but I won't try & tell you its the same from a media point of view

I reckon if I had WiFi & 3G I'd be completely happy, so bring on the Bold!
    07-24-08 06:21 AM
    Guess I don't understand as well as some. Never been a mac user, not that there's anything wrong with macs. My world is science, so you know how that goes. With my latest upgrade I'm watching UTube and I'm gonna throw a movie on and give that a go. Too much stuff to do with my berry - texts to write. Oh, good luck. See you when you come back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 06:36 AM
    Glad you are happy with the decision. One of my issues is being limited to only ATT&T. Overall, I like competition and am not negative towards the IPhone but like the BB for my applications.
    07-24-08 06:45 AM
    I admit the Iphone is cool.. But I already have an Ipod touch which does pretty much all the same things the Iphone does minus the phone of course.. Waiting patiently on the arrival of the new BB 9500 or Thunder if that's what you want to call it.. I think it will have a very sleek interface and all the joys of a Berry! Just my opinion.. Good luck with your Iphone. JK

07-24-08 08:52 AM
    Does the Iphone have BB interprise? I wonder if you can have BBM on it if u can I might be sold! lol that and if the battery life on it isnt horrible.
    07-24-08 09:39 AM
    Good luck with the iPhone.
    07-24-08 09:46 AM
    No doubt the iPhone is an incredible device. Since I'm with Verizon, its not an option for me. And I have come to love my BlackBerry.

07-24-08 09:56 AM
    For me the iphone is more "fun" then anything. Yes it does most/all the things a BB does.
    BUT I dont watch movies, listen to music on my BB. I only use it for work emails, personal emails, the internet, texting and keeping appointments. Id prefer to watch my movies on the TV then a phone-that is me.

Good Luck with your iphone-hope you enjoy it
    As long as you have the device that works best for YOU,
    it's all good.
    I just got an ipod touch. 3 reasons I didn't get an iphone.
    1) like the touch screen (except when I am texting. I text WAY to much for that)
    2) as others said, not an att fan
    3) Plans were too expensive when it first came out, not sure if they lowered them.

Best of both worlds, ipod touch for movies, games, music and better browser (when Im at a hotspot) and curve for all other browsing, extra media, texting, emailing, and what phones are made for TALKING lol
    Couldn't of said it better myself
    07-24-08 09:58 AM
    I just got an iPhone...

I only use it for music and games...other than that...my BB 8310 does everything else...emails, bbm, text, and calls...
    so why not just an iPod touch? I was just confused reading that why an iPhone was needed for that...
    07-24-08 12:31 PM
    Because i already had a second line that was upgrade eligible...so why not? I have a nice discount for when the bold comes out so I'm not too worried about saving the upgrade for the bold...

so why not just an iPod touch? I was just confused reading that why an iPhone was needed for that...
    07-24-08 04:04 PM
    thanks for all of the feedback guys!

i don't see the issues cited as much of a problem for me other than the keyboard, i was in the apple store today messing with it and wow, it is going to be something to get used to that's for sure

in other news, still no iphone, went to the store at 9:45 today but i guess that was too late, im going to go at 7 am tomorrow there is no way im leaving without an iphone lol, i'll keep you all posted
    07-24-08 05:41 PM
    I guess my thing was the touch screen keyboard. I really wanted an iphone. But I love typing on my 8310.
    Anne

07-24-08 07:10 PM
    The mac store has had a line every day since the release. Its rediculous (sp?) So I went and got an ipod touch to see what the fuss is and let me tell you what! Itunes is the vista killer. I installed itunes on my machine and it went down to the slowest crawl I have ever seen. Spent the rest of the day uninstalling itunes and searching for a work around.

Have fun with your iphone. I might be returning this touch real quick.

07-24-08 07:37 PM
    I don't know if this will help anyone, but RIM has an ITunes sync for your puter at:

BlackBerry Media Sync

07-24-08 07:57 PM
    Receiving and replying to emails/ text on the iphone just seems like a pain in the arse. Its a great toy though. Good for you man! Devices and carriers are a matter of personal prefference and telling someone what the best choice for them is called facism.
    Enjoy your new phone!

It is a pain. My iPhone is just that, a toy. The keyboard is not bad for short messages. I love my curve!
    07-24-08 08:06 PM
    I Can't believe this blasphemy!!! all you people siding with the opposition on a blackberry website, saying u would go with an iphone! All of you should be ashamed!!! LOL
    07-24-08 08:41 PM
    I Can't believe this blasphemy!!! all you people siding with the opposition on a blackberry website, saying u would go with an iphone! All of you should be ashamed!!! LOL
    Opposition? Hey what works for me may not work for others. Why don't you tell him what religion he should be or what kind of music to listen to. This is a nice friendly forum and that's why my browser always comes this way.
    Its never me/us against you/them
    Just my opinion

07-24-08 09:19 PM
    Yea I hate to admit it, but I want one..my friend has one.. the guy sitting next to me has one..boss has one.. nuts. I do love their usability, apps,etc
    07-24-08 09:32 PM
    The iphone is sweet and has its advantages, the blackberry is sweet and has its own advantages, its to eaches own to decide which better fits their lifestyle and what they want to spend THEIR money on...

07-24-08 09:43 PM
    Opposition? Hey what works for me may not work for others. Why don't you tell him what religion he should be or what kind of music to listen to. This is a nice friendly forum and that's why my browser always comes this way.
    Its never me/us against you/them
    Just my opinion

I was just joking around hence the LOL, didnt mean anything by it haha
    07-24-08 10:07 PM
    I wouldn't want to type on the iphone and can you imagine how many times a day you'd have to clean the screen, especially if you actually use it as a phone?
    07-24-08 10:20 PM
    I have to say that even tho my itouch gets finger prints all over it the screen is bright enough that you don't see them when its on.

07-25-08 07:43 PM
    The mac store has had a line every day since the release. Its rediculous (sp?) So I went and got an ipod touch to see what the fuss is and let me tell you what! Itunes is the vista killer. I installed itunes on my machine and it went down to the slowest crawl I have ever seen. Spent the rest of the day uninstalling itunes and searching for a work around.

Have fun with your iphone. I might be returning this touch real quick.

Your hardware must be the issue. I have Vista and iTunes works like a charm. Matter of fact, unlike everyone else, I like Vista 10Xs more than XP. Also after reading the following article, it proved what I thought all along... Vista is dislike by word of mouth, not actual dislike.

Windows: Windows XP Users Actually Love Vista... If They Think It's Something Else
    07-25-08 10:54 PM
    lol . The iphone 3g didnt work out as much as the curve did for me. lol sigh """ m a c """
    07-26-08 12:58 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD