... but she's still not fully convinced she should get one, mainly because she hears me b*tching about the small annoying things, as most significant others do, and she doesn't hear as much of the praising and slobbering over the BB's that I do on here. basically, she's thinking she will be let down in some way about it's functions, that it won't be doing what she wants it to do. she specifically is looking at the Curve 8900.

what I would like from all of you here at Crackberry is to prove her wrong, and tell her exactly what you think (in a positive way) about the 8900 as well as all blackberries in general. apparently my assurance isn't doing much good by itself, so it's time to bring out the big guns. so what do you guys say? wanna do this for me? help a CB brother out
    once she has it in her hand she won't be disappointed. especially since she has you to work out any kinks that might pop up

as far as the 8900-out of every berry I've used it was/is my absolute favorite.
    05-06-09 07:20 PM
    If she doesn't like the man phone, why not a cute 8130? I love my pearl! QWERTY may not be full but at least it T9 *shudders*
    05-06-09 07:48 PM
    Here's what I posted in a different thread about the 8900.
    I switched back to BB after using a G1 and 8900 and I could not be happier. I had a 8100 before getting the G1 and iPhone and couldn't stand the thing because it was constantly crashing. Now on the other hand. the 8900 is like my dream BB. It does everything I could want it to do and more. It does everything I want WITHOUT having to jailbreak it (iPhone), or root it (G1). With the iPhone I could only use one app at a time and that gets very annyoying. With the 8900 I can be IMing someone with BeeJive IM, chatting it up on BBM, emailing, and browsing CB all at the same time without a hitch. The 8900 is the best BB made. No question to it. I love my 8900. Once you go Black you never go back. You will love the 8900. For the web browser, I recommend BOLT, I actually prefer it over the iPhone browser because of its speed. Also, soon a new browser called SkyFire is coming to BB and it will support Flash. It was voted best mobile browser at the Webbie Awards. I personally have never used the BB version, but I tried the Windows Mobile version at the T-Mobile Store and I was very impressed. It loaded hulu and YouTube faster than my laptop that has a 1.5Mbs DSL connection; and that was on EDGE! The apps on the iPhone might be cool, but they get boring fast. Also, when you use a BB you going the whole million strong CrackBerry community. The community was one of the main reasons I came back to BB after switching to other platforms. The push email is really great. Let me tell you something, I know a few people around here in the CB community that use their BB as their computer; they don't have a computer because they don't need or want one. That tells you alot about the phone If someone can use it as their main computer that tells you that it is very powerful and reliable. I'd like to hear about an iPhone user that doesn't own a computer. I doubt you'd be able to find one. You can also run any app you want on a BlackBerry, without having to mod anything. If you are not satisfied with the 8900, I would be shocked. You have to update the OS to have really good battery life though. The battery life with .114 (stock OS) is not very good, but if you don't want to update the OS, the 8900 is still a great phone out of the box. I also love that you can type on the 8900 without looking. I've only had my 8900 for about 3 weeks and I'm already touch typing on it. For example, I can watch TV and type a message on my BB at the same time. Example 2, I can be walking in a mall and type a message without walking into people or walls. As you can tell, I am obsessed with my 8900 and it is very hard for me to part with it any time I can't use my BB. I highly recommend this case. I reviewed the case here.Take my word for it, you will love the 8900. PM me if you have any other questions/concerns about using the 8900. Sorry if I repeated anything. Bottom line: Keep the 8900!
    (I gotta stop writing such long replies!)

EDIT: Let's not forget the great camera that the 8900 has along with autofocus. Also, the ability to so easily customize it to your liking.
    05-06-09 08:05 PM
    Bold FTW. Don't care bout the 3.2mp camera on the 8900. I've got a real camera if I need that many mp. Memory np either for me. 3G is the main thing. Simultaneous voice and data? A must have for me, especially if no wifi available, which is frequently the case. Plus I have big hands. :-). 8900 is nice and sexy. If u need a smaller device and more mem and megapix get the 8900. But 3G alone makes Bold the best of the bunch as a comm. device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 12:09 AM
    Well I been there with you OP. I remember my fiance hated my Curve and couldn't for the life of her figure out why I was so addicted to my bb. Well a few months down the line I talked her into getting a bb Pearl and she loves it. She loves to browse and pick out little themes for her phone. I also recently converted her brother who now has a Curve and almost never is seen without it. He especially loves the media player (never see him w/o headphones). Your gf will love a bb, she may be in denial now, but once its in her hands, she's done .

05-07-09 12:16 AM
    Ok, if no one else is gonna ask!

What did you name your BB (baby)?

And OP, get your girlfriend on here, I want to talk to her. have her send me a pin and i'll tell her why she should have one, and why you get so pissed at yours! LOL...cause like the rest of us knuckleheads, instead of just adding a few apps and doing what the bb does, we mess with it.

"Hmmmm...i wonder what this would do? BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? CRAP"

i love this, and it is sooooooooooooo very very VERY true!!!!
    05-07-09 12:22 AM
    I heard that... yeah she only pays attention to the negative things I've said about it and uses that as her reasoning but I've successfully talked her into it, should be coming in a couple days. I'm just glad she'll be a BB nerd with me. I told her she would be thoroughly impressed with it. she's always had dumbphones.
    YAY congrats! I hope she comes into CB and you make a big introduction for her! She is going to love her phone then she has ever loves any other phone! Dumbphone users just don't get it until they have a smartphone!

off-topic:
    I hate when people try and use my phone and don't even know how to dial the numbers! seriously...not that hard!
    05-07-09 08:25 AM
    off-topic:
    I hate when people try and use my phone and don't even know how to dial the numbers! seriously...not that hard!
    The confused look they get when you first hand them the phone is funny tho, almost worth it for the comedy value

05-07-09 10:12 AM
    My hubby convienced me to get a BB after I was **** bent on having a HTC windows mobile phone. Now that I've gotten my BB I could never think about getting another phone! Slap her and buy her one anyway. Do you pay the phone bill? That's one way to get her into a BB! LoL! Good luck!

05-07-09 10:22 AM
    Just tell her that you can save a lot of your (and her) cellphone bill by using BB messenger. Or you can just tell her that she can really keep track of you more because she also has a bb.
    05-07-09 10:26 AM
    my gf has a bb and we bbm all day long... I hope your gf gives in and gets one! I would suggest you take her to the strore and give her a chance to hold one. I'm sure she will fall in love with it like all of us did.
    05-07-09 12:30 PM
    haha, if I hand someone my phone at first they're all "ooh ahh" and the next thing that comes out of their mouth is "now how the **** do I dial a number"

she did get one, the 8900... should arrive tomorrow, and activated on sat.

I don't know if she'll be posting in the forums, but one can always try.
    05-07-09 03:06 PM
    ... but she's still not fully convinced she should get one, mainly because she hears me b*tching about the small annoying things, as most significant others do, and she doesn't hear as much of the praising and slobbering over the BB's that I do on here. basically, she's thinking she will be let down in some way about it's functions, that it won't be doing what she wants it to do. she specifically is looking at the Curve 8900.

what I would like from all of you here at Crackberry is to prove her wrong, and tell her exactly what you think (in a positive way) about the 8900 as well as all blackberries in general. apparently my assurance isn't doing much good by itself, so it's time to bring out the big guns. so what do you guys say? wanna do this for me? help a CB brother out

Wow you shouldnt have to do any convincing at all she should be begging you for one! lol I have a pearl on at&t but really want the 8900, guess i'll prob have to wait for now. I guess you could start convincing her by telling her about all the AMAZING features... i guess stuff i love about mine...small and cute (i have the white and pink one, with flower designs on the back, its bout as girly as it gets), thread texting, perfect for email. nearly all the same features of the curve but more compact,idk just name off all the stuff you love...this thing should be selling itself!!!
    05-07-09 07:24 PM
    let us know how it goes!
    05-07-09 07:49 PM

Why are you forcing it on her? What if she get's it, doesn't like it, and starts blaming you for forcing her into a crap phone? Let her get whatever phone she wants. Wow. I see you convinced her. Hope it doesn't cost you later...

05-07-09 10:28 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD