Edited / Disclaimer : This is my experience and should be considered as-is. I'm not using the words "better", "best" or even compare the PB to any brand or software. It's all about "perception" of the PB in an environment that is usually not a Berrie's lover one. End of story, please bite your tongue before flaming.

Yesterday, I had an appointment in an advertising company, what I call a "apple's wisdom" company.
    I sat at the meeting room within an open space filled of the most powerful wide screens macs and just pulled out my PB of its pouch
    - Blank -
    Started a note for the appointment.
    [I'll make it short :]
    - "nice form factor"
    - "do you want the wifi codes ? "not necessary, thanks" but how did you get online ?"
    -"ow, you combo with a 9900 ? say what: HDMI ? whaat: open on PB ? whaaaat ? Remote ? whaaaaaaat ? you kill me !"
    At the end of the meeting while sliding easy my PB in my coat pocket, I felt like 10 eyes looking at it disappear and 5 brains in the "this might be the next trend, I must have one" mood.

You know what ? I was kinda flying in the stairs.
    Non solum the PB made my overall reputation in this company better (which is good for my business) sed etiam I was "the king of the world" and THIS made my day.

["Non solum sed etiam" is (ancient) Latin and means : Not only ... but also/moreover]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-06-12 at 03:02 AM.
    03-06-12 02:25 AM
    You know there are meds people can take to help with those sorts of delusional complexes. I can assure you that just like virtually no one is casting envious gazes upon the average iPad user, they also have no great interest in you or your Playbook.
    03-06-12 02:33 AM
    @swyost, that's vision you want to kill with your drugs, be careful who you think needs to walk through life blind, like you may want to.

Nice job Superfly!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-06-12 at 07:35 AM.
    kemj and graxyq like this.
    03-06-12 02:34 AM
    You know there are meds people can take to help with those sorts of delusional complexes. I can assure you that just like virtually no one is casting envious gazes upon the average iPad user, they also have no great interest in you or your Playbook.
    I'll suggest you chill out a bit; bitter and anger are very damageable for your health.
    What is above is nothing but my real and personal experience, lived yesterday.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-06-12 at 03:00 AM.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    03-06-12 02:43 AM
    Honestly, can we stop these my playbook or berry is the best threads. There is one every 2 mins, and it's always the same people.

There is this one, the one about 2 models, as so on.

It is getting tiring, there should be one thread and ppl can tell their stories in it.

And lastly, I'm sure they weren't thinking omg. They were thinking wow my iPad has open on in the form of iCloud. I snap a pic on my iPhone and in mins it's on my iPad. Now I have 2 copies. No need to always press open on to show the pic every time.

I love my playbook but these types of threads make me wanna sell it.
    dynot likes this.
    03-06-12 02:45 AM
    Nice job Superfly! It's people like you that show the sheep where their heading.
    Thanks but I wasn't meaning they are sheeps.
    They use what is the current standard in their profession, and it has been for ... decades now. Just pointing out that (being somehow the first point here) they KNEW the PB exists. And this is already a very positive sign to me.
    03-06-12 02:47 AM
    Honestly, can we stop these my playbook or berry is the best threads. There is one every 2 mins, and it's always the same people.

It is getting tiring, there should be one thread and ppl can tell their stories in it.

And lastly, I'm sure they weren't thinking omg. They were thinking wow my iPad has open on in the form of iCloud. I snap a pic on my iPhone and in mins it's on my iPad. Now I have 2 copies. No need to always press open on to show the pic every time.

I guess it's my third one in about a year (edited) 6 months against 1800+ posts, mostly to (try to) help people ...
    You shouldn't bump it if you dislike, more over you shouldn't even read it.
    What I observe is that you can't resit putting your personal feeling at the end, promoting any "yada-yada" feature, while I was just telling a real story about ... perception of the PB in a "world" where Berries, in general, are not friendly welcomed.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-06-12 at 07:01 AM.
    03-06-12 02:52 AM
    How dare you talk about how much you love a RIM product on a BlackBerry site

Not a lot of people actually know what the little thing is capable of so when they see it they are often a little shocked. Some friends saw mine last night for 5 minutes and were impressed.
    03-06-12 03:33 AM
    Good Job Superfly_FR!!

I stopped carrying a laptop for meetings, now its just the playbook even on out of town trips.

Other day, in the flight, the guy next to me wanted to know if its a BB Tab, I said yes, let him play with it a little. He was so impressed that he said he will get one for himself.
    On an even better note, usually I stop counting the number of BBs I see at the airport, but this time I was surprised to see a lot of 9900s including Bollywood actors.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-06-12 03:53 AM
    Love the story. With all the negative publicity constantly around us I will take as many of these postings as possible...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-12 04:50 AM
    Great story Superfly
    03-06-12 06:42 AM
    Its funny to see the anger even here. You are expressing what happened to you, yesterday. For people to come into this thread and basically call it false, or insult is nothing short of ridiculous. You didnt bash anything in your post, you didnt troll, nothing.
    03-06-12 06:45 AM
    Not here to compare or anything like that but I will say good job superfly..maybe some of the critics here are more stay at home folks that don't use their tablets other than home lounging on the couch where as portability makes no difference other than not taking up too much room on end table so they have enough room for their remotes and coffee. I for one do travel for periods of time on end and always carried a laptop plus luggage.so I sat on a plane or other means and killed time.always shipped luggage as going through customs was always a hassle even going through laptop bag. Well now having a 7 inch tablet that fits in my inside pocket and performs the required task for me is perfect. So yes it does turn people's heads and I for one have seen this extensively..because I was the first of my shipmates to have one and now many more of my coworkers have them as well and are all impressed. Again not condemning any tablet..but because of its size one of our shipmates now leaves his 10 inch tablet home and invested in a playbook........but wait...rumour has it there are other big name tablet seller coming out with a 8 inch tablet...geesh..and some of these loyal followers said the playbook was too small
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-06-12 07:03 AM
    Its funny to see the anger even here. You are expressing what happened to you, yesterday. For people to come into this thread and basically call it false, or insult is nothing short of ridiculous. You didnt bash anything in your post, you didnt troll, nothing.
    While true, the opposite is considered trolling. If I made a post saying how I pulled out my iphone and received an email while my coworker with a PlayBook said he couldn't get it (in jan 2012), I would be considered a troll, Apple employee, etc.

I am happy with this thread though. The more awareness of the PlayBook the more competition. Simple as that. Anyone hoping for a product to die off doesn't really understand how markets work.
    03-06-12 07:05 AM
    While I agree the comments go both ways, keep in mind your location. This being "CrackBerry" obviously the bias is going to slant that way. BlackBerry has the "home field" advantage here, thus "trolling" isnt the right word. Biased yes, absolutely.

(Also keep in mind a 3G enabled device with no reliance on WIFI will also get e-mails a WIFI only device cannot get at times).
    fanatical, DPSydBerry and sam_b77 like this.
    03-06-12 07:09 AM
    NICE story OP, it's amazing how people respond to the PlayBook trying not to be noticed, but wondering what in the world just happened .

Now, to All the negative post concerning this wonderful experience.......just go away.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-06-12 07:14 AM
    While true, the opposite is considered trolling. If I made a post saying how I pulled out my iphone and received an email while my coworker with a PlayBook said he couldn't get it (in jan 2012), I would be considered a troll, Apple employee, etc.
    Probably not in "iPhone and iPad in Action Forums" on imore.com
    I am happy with this thread though. The more awareness of the PlayBook the more competition. Simple as that. Anyone hoping for a product to die off doesn't really understand how markets work.
    100% agree.
    metz9444 and DPSydBerry like this.
    03-06-12 07:15 AM

If you did that on an Apple forum it wouldn't be considered Trolling, but on a BlackBerry forum creating a post to specifically promote a non BlackBerry product against a BlackBerry product would in fact be trolling as the expected response would be hostility from the bulk of the user base.

I appreciate the first post, confidence in your tools you bring with you is a good sign, be them any smartphone/tablet/Pen/binder, confidence and generating conversations makes sales, The PlayBook has made sales for me because of what I can say about it, and how I use it to promote my self, and my goods. It is actually better NOT having the most popular products.
    03-06-12 07:18 AM

You gotta be kidding, you want the OP to stop posting about a good experience with a BlackBerry PlayBook on a BlackBerry forum......go away TROLL
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    03-06-12 07:19 AM
    If you did that on an Apple forum it wouldn't be considered Trolling, but on a BlackBerry forum creating a post to specifically promote a non BlackBerry product against a BlackBerry product would in fact be trolling as the expected response would be hostility from the bulk of the user base.
    Isn't that what I said?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-12 07:20 AM
    Isn't that what I said?
    For the most part yes,

Though the clarification was that it wouldn't be trolling on an Apple forum, perception of a post depends on where it is posted,
    03-06-12 07:28 AM
    I hope some day ... we'll find a "how to bind my PB and Ipad/Galaxy/Xoom/Whatever together to gain the unmatched experience ?" thread.

(singin') You may sayyy I'm a dreamer ... but I'm not the only one ...
    03-06-12 07:30 AM
    I guess it's my third one in about a year (edited) 6 months against 1800+ posts, mostly to (try to) help people ...
    You shouldn't bump it if you dislike, more over you shouldn't even read it.
    What I observe is that you can't resit putting your personal feeling at the end, promoting any "yada-yada" feature, while I was just telling a real story about ... perception of the PB in a "world" where Berries, in general, are not friendly welcomed.

In another thread this poster joecastrignano states he's an iPhone user. He forgot to put it in his header
    03-06-12 07:38 AM
    While true, the opposite is considered trolling.
    Yes the opposite might. Therefore Super_FR's post is not that. It is a little fun story posted about a BlackBerry product on a site that is for BB enthusiasts.
    03-06-12 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry has the "home field" advantage here, thus "trolling" isnt the right word. Biased yes, absolutely.
    As it should be. To paraphrase Zapp Brannigan.. "some peoples' neutrality sickens me". Lol.
    03-06-12 07:52 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD