We were looking at phones. He was upgrading from his Curve 9330 and got an iPhone 5 (I can already tell he doesn't like it as much as he thought he would). We were in the dang store for 1 hour 30 minutes so this is how I noticed all this. Anywaysssss....I noticed this one guy in the Verizon store who had an original BlackBerry Storm (I thought "What a trooper!!!!") and he was upgrading as well. I could tell that he didn't really want to switch platforms as I overheard him say he loved his BlackBerry and the whole email experience. He was talking with a salesman who showed him a Bold 9930 and some other phones and the guy wanted to look around on his own. I was getting a little antsy since the salesman didn't even mention BB10 which will be coming within the month and I knew it would probably influence the guy's choice. I was considering letting him know about it myself. Then after the guy was looking around, the salesman came up to him and said "You know, BlackBerry just released a new phone called the Z10 and it will be here later this month. There is an email list if you would like to wait and I could sign you up for that". The salesman then explained BB10 to the guy and got his email to sign him up. Until then, I was really worried about carriers getting the word out about BB10. Verizon especially considering their recent neglection of BlackBerry. But that shows me there is hope for VZW . Just wanted to share that for those who also might have been concerned.
    03-05-13 07:59 PM
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Although I don't feel like VZW has neglected BB - well anymore than any other carrier. Happily those days will be over very shortly.
    03-05-13 08:04 PM
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Although I don't feel like VZW has neglected BB - well anymore than any other carrier. Happily those days will be over very shortly.
    Maybe not any more than any other carrier. I wouldn't know. Just have been going from experiences with Verizon alone.
    03-05-13 08:08 PM
    That's good news, a lot of times when i go into various carriers (although here in Canada where the Z10 has already launched), there is not proper mentioning and marketing of the BB10 device. Either the reps for the store don't have the proper training and this isn't ideal. Sure alot of us on CB follow up on the device, but for those who may have switched platforms and haven't followed up they may not know of the changes. That percentage of the market is important and will surely impact sales in a positive way and spread the BBRY experience to a wider audience...
    03-05-13 08:10 PM
    Great story, thanks for sharing!
    03-05-13 08:11 PM
    Always good to hear news from the frontlines
    03-05-13 08:12 PM
    That's good news, a lot of times when i go into various carriers (although here in Canada where the Z10 has already launched), there is not proper mentioning and marketing of the BB10 device. Either the reps for the store don't have the proper training and this isn't ideal. Sure alot of us on CB follow up on the device, but for those who may have switched platforms and haven't followed up they may not know of the changes. That percentage of the market is important and will surely impact sales in a positive way and spread the BBRY experience to a wider audience...
    Here, most reps will immediately push you towards the GSIII or the iPhone 5. I don't feel that they don't listen to your needs as much as they should.
    03-05-13 08:14 PM
    Yea true, i have seen this as well. Many would push their preference to the customer which isn't a bad thing as they are enthusiastic about the product they've chosen and love. However, each device should get similar attention and by doing this the customer would be better inclined as to making a decision. This will definitely be helpful as they would have an enjoyable experience in store and with the device they've as it would satisfy their needs!
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-05-13 08:20 PM
    I went into a T-mobile store to look at pricing. The sales rep Hi-fived me when he said I wanted to outfit my family with Z10's. He then pulled out his 9900 and started talking loudly about how he couldn't wait for BB10 because he has gotten nothing but **** from his co-workers for being a BB fan. When I switch from Sprint to T-mobile, def gonna buy from that guy.
    03-05-13 08:22 PM
    I went into a T-mobile store to look at pricing. The sales rep Hi-fived me when he said I wanted to outfit my family with Z10's. He then pulled out his 9900 and started talking loudly about how he couldn't wait for BB10 because he has gotten nothing but **** from his co-workers for being a BB fan. When I switch from Sprint to T-mobile, def gonna buy from that guy.
    That guy sounds awesome!!! It makes me want to switch to T-Mobile lol
    03-05-13 08:24 PM
    Maybe not any more than any other carrier. I wouldn't know. Just have been going from experiences with Verizon alone.
    LOL, actually me too. I've been with them forever - since all cell phones were installed in cars. I'm only basing my thoughts on what others say about their carriers.

BTW - love your blog.
    03-05-13 08:26 PM
    cool story bro
    03-05-13 08:31 PM
    LOL, actually me too. I've been with them forever - since all cell phones were installed in cars. I'm only basing my thoughts on what others say about their carriers.

BTW - love your blog.
    Thank's! We haven't really had a chance to update it lately. But yea. Same. Verizon since forever!
    03-05-13 08:32 PM
    I think they will start pushing blackberry more than usual with the new line.

I have updates tmobile gives me on the z10 and seems they are just as generous with the info as they are with the HTC One.

Definitely a good sign.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    ctuffy likes this.
    03-05-13 08:40 PM
    Great story. Thx for sharing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-13 09:02 PM
    Awesome story, great to see so much excitement from the US carriers for BB10!
    03-05-13 09:13 PM
    Great story, but, I'm still using my Storm 1, bought in 2009.
    03-05-13 10:55 PM
    Great story, but, I'm still using my Storm 1, bought in 2009.
    Were you the same guy? lol
    03-06-13 05:46 AM
    Awesome story, great to see so much excitement from the US carriers for BB10!
    I hope reps will continue to remind customers that BB10 is coming
    03-06-13 02:26 PM
    Verizon since forever!
    I've been with Verizon since before they were called Verizon.

Though I must admit, I've also seen many stories posted here about VZW reps bashing Blackberry too. Hopefully the new devices will change a few minds. People are awfully sheep-like these days when it comes to brand loyalty..
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-06-13 10:20 PM
    Don't believe any US carrier has confirmed WHEN BB10's will be released.. Yes we read that and great source says AT&T will launch the 15th.

Today I talked to my company rep, called 1800, and chatted online... NON could confirm or knew when the BB10 will be available. Rep did say.. for the past few weeks BB10 / z10 has been his #1 asked question. 2nd.....will it be better than an iPhone.
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-07-13 02:59 AM