Is the Priv really that slow? Most reviews I've seen say it performs fine.

Posted via CB10
    It's not. Exaggeration on these forums can get quite extreme.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz, TgeekB and raremage like this.
    03-10-16 03:07 PM
    So what to do, I've had nightmares about this day. There is no other "smart" phone that I like. I couldn't care less about the great app ecosystem, I'm not an consumer anyway. I just need the HUB I'm addicted to the HUB. The Priv is horrible in my opinion--because Android. The Vienna looks terrible and will not sell well. guess I'll just stock BB10 devices,so I'm good for the next decade.
    Just stock up on BB10 devices. You'll get through them till eventually you are able to transition away from BlackBerry

Authored via вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿
    03-10-16 03:39 PM
    So what to do, I've had nightmares about this day.
    So I just learned BBOS10 will be dead by the end of 2016.-berry_scary_title_card.jpg
    03-10-16 03:53 PM
    Is the Priv really that slow? Most reviews I've seen say it performs fine.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. Browsing stutters a LOT, it takes ages to load the hub or any BB implanted app. I can't believe the hub takes a good 3 seconds before it even shows anything, where as my BB Classic shows it instantly.
    03-10-16 04:57 PM
    Yes it is. Browsing stutters a LOT, it takes ages to load the hub or any BB implanted app. I can't believe the hub takes a good 3 seconds before it even shows anything, where as my BB Classic shows it instantly.
    Not to mention the BB PRIV is FULLLLLLLLLLLL of bugs and glitches. My god only used it for a few minutes and already got annoyed by it.
    -scrolling is sometimes inverted.
    -the virtual keyboard will not show sometimes when close the hardware one.
    -some other little stuff.
    It needs an 6.0 update badly. Also there's no privacy in Android version below 6.0. Additionally I don't think it is any more secure than any other Android device.
    03-10-16 04:59 PM
    Doubt it. Dead? No. Maybe not as relevant. Can't wai for next update

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 05:26 PM
    I think you should move on. Even though those people who enfatically "confirm" this without proof, I don't think you should wait for further development of the OS and apps since the platform is very small. Some Android apps work on BB10, but are slow at times. So, if you really need a android apps, move to Android instead.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-10-16 05:46 PM
    ive always felt that the bb10 os on a nexus or anther android device(hardware) would of been a better fit
    03-10-16 06:29 PM
    Why would they do that? Bb10 is the best OS in all technicalities. Pssh stupid

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 08:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Rhetorical question?
    03-10-16 08:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because I need Whatsapp, and other communication apps that aren't there for BlackBerry. I've been a BB user for 7 years now, but ye it seems to be ending. Especially seen that the PRIV has no security AT ALL. I mean it's Android 5.1.1, you can't choose permissions per app there--something we've done for ages on BlackBerry's.
    03-10-16 09:08 PM
    My son's PB was dumped on my desk at the weekend as it was "surplus to requirement". He's had a Surface Pro since Xmas and his PB isn't even powered-up these days. My own PB has been gathering dust for a couple of years now. I got tired of the browser checker-boarding and the lack of Apps.

Kinda sad really - in an "end of an era" way. We're an entirely non-BB household now.
    My PlayBook still gets a daily workout as bible reader and off-duty browser. When I take it more relaxed and research bible topics....

... still haven't made friends with my higher res iPad mini retina for that particular purpose ... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    extisis likes this.
    03-11-16 12:22 AM
    I hope bbos10 survives

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 05:04 AM
    Same here BB10 is awesome \m/

Inlove with BlackBerry <3
    03-11-16 06:52 AM
    I'm guessing he also buys all his BlackBerry phones unlocked.

Try a BlackBerry from a carrier and you'll see plenty o' bloat.
    No you won't. Like 2 carrier apps maybe. That's not plenty ala android. Try again.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 11:58 AM
    No you won't. Like 2 carrier apps maybe. That's not plenty ala android. Try again.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on carrier. But you're right, thanks to the app gap the carriers have less bloat to push.

Not sure that's truly a positive since it once again highlights the lack of apps.
    03-11-16 12:27 PM
    This does not reflect my experience *at all.* I find it to be smooth, the hub opens without delay, and is populated with items just as expected.
    03-11-16 12:29 PM
    This does not reflect my experience *at all.* I find it to be smooth, the hub opens without delay, and is populated with items just as expected.
    Hmm than you're lucky I guess. From all the videos I've checked it's the same as I saw in the store.
    03-11-16 03:03 PM
    Hmm than you're lucky I guess. From all the videos I've checked it's the same as I saw in the store.
    Mine absolutely flies. Comparable with all other flagship devices. HUB is almost instantaneous if kept open - 2 seconds if closed.
    03-11-16 03:14 PM
    No issues on my end either.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 03:15 PM
    Maybe you're unlucky, or have a bug. You know, because Androids "buggy".
    03-11-16 05:19 PM
    Haven't noticed any performance issues with the Priv either in the few times I've used it. Maybe the video/store phones weren't up to date?
    03-11-16 05:47 PM
    Are you relaunching the hub cold every time? In other words are you killing the hub when you're switching to some other task?

The Priv I tested was quite fast.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 03-11-16 at 06:10 PM.
    03-11-16 05:52 PM
    agree face book is not good. Hope they drop any BB10 application too. That way I could get a BB10 phone for my kids and know they will be safe from all the tripe that comes with so many of these Must Have apps.
    I'm just 1 of the 7 Billion earthlings that lives without a facebook identity.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, not having a Facebook app will not prevent your kids from using Facebook!!
    I go to FB from my BB10 browser with no problems, and I prefer it to the app. Even more than the IOS app!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-11-16 06:44 PM
    December 2016, anything can happen before then. What if BlackBerry works on BBOS? What if WhatsApp go back on their words?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 03:46 AM
238 ... 678910