I could see why that would be a really bad thing for a actual corpse .. but why is that a big deal for a phone?
    What dire thing is going to happen if I don't adopt the priv and immediately condemn all previous blackberry devices?
    Nothing. If it works for you that is perfectly fine. This is just a fun conversation about perceptions, which often seem more real to people than reality itself.
    ravencore likes this.
    03-06-16 06:34 PM
    So loving this. Thank you, mate.

Like many stubborn BB diehards, I'm still using my PlayBook. Even after being "dead" for 5 years it's still kicking so hard on helping me do my works and get things done. The VKB on this 5 year old behemoth is UNBELIEVABLY better than any current android's and iPhone's VKB put together. I'm gunning for a Z3 next, just for the BB10 VKB I love from the Z10 that is now used daily--so harshly treated and battered by my wife but still going strong and perfectly functional like nothing else matters.
    Please. The Playbook is a stuttering mess at this point. Unless you are comparing it to a tablet that was released at that time frame running older software you are either living in denial or in fantasy land. Current tablets smoke the playbook in every way. It was never that good to begin with but your post is pushing the limits of reality.
    03-06-16 06:41 PM
    It was never that good to begin with but your post is pushing the limits of reality.
    Anyone that defines reality based on their own perception of a product is pushing the limits of reality ..
    And how exactly is it a stuttering mess??
    Wybrem likes this.
    03-06-16 06:53 PM
    Anyone that defines reality based on their own perception of a product is pushing the limits of reality ..
    Yes. So if I believe a rock is better at browsing the web than a computer then what I believe is reality. Anyone debating with me on that is defining reality based on their perception and is pushing said limits. Got it.

I'm not defining anyone's reality, I'm stating a fact. If someone believes that the Playbook is better than a modern Android or iOS tablet then they are living in their own alternate reality, which is fine I guess but completely false.

It's a stuttering mess because it crawls on the web and takes forever for anything to load.
    Rello likes this.
    03-06-16 07:02 PM
    Yes. So if I believe a rock is better at browsing the web than a computer then what I believe is reality. Anyone debating with me on that is defining reality based on their perception and is pushing said limits. Got it.

I'm not defining anyone's reality, I'm stating a fact. If someone believes that the Playbook is better than a modern Android or iOS tablet then they are living in their own alternate reality, which is fine I guess but completely false.

It's a stuttering mess because it crawls on the web and takes forever for anything to load.
    I'll agree the browsing isn't as good. But not bad for when it was actually released. It has better speakers than any tablet I've used though. My Nexus 9 is a close second. IPads suck. I wont make that mistake again.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-06-16 07:07 PM
    I'll agree the browsing isn't as good. But not bad for when it was actually released. It has better speakers than any tablet I've used though. My Nexus 9 is a close second. IPads suck. I wont make that mistake again.
    Ok great, it can play music with decent speakers. I wouldn't define that as better than any other modern tablet.
    03-06-16 07:08 PM
    Please. The Playbook is a stuttering mess at this point. Unless you are comparing it to a tablet that was released at that time frame running older software you are either living in denial or in fantasy land. Current tablets smoke the playbook in every way. It was never that good to begin with but your post is pushing the limits of reality.
    I AM still using it to write my works and it works WITHOUT any stutters. Just because YOUR playbook sucks doesn't mean others' too! I'd choose another playbook--a 64gb or 4G version, before any other tablet, SOLELY FOR THE VKB, because IT WORKS!

Posted via CB10
    Wybrem and Lusitano17 like this.
    03-06-16 08:57 PM
    Ok great, it can play music with decent speakers. I wouldn't define that as better than any other modern tablet.
    I didn't.
    03-06-16 09:07 PM
    I AM still using it to write my works and it works WITHOUT any stutters. Just because YOUR playbook sucks doesn't mean others' too! I'd choose another playbook--a 64gb or 4G version, before any other tablet, SOLELY FOR THE VKB, because IT WORKS!

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you entirely as far as VKB. Still consider it the most efficient VKB I've worked on.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 09:12 PM
    I didn't.
    I know, I wasn't referring to you regarding that.
    03-06-16 10:14 PM
    I can't speak for others but mine is absolutely horrible for browsing and lags a ton now.

PlayBook is not better than the top modern tablets but I guess it could still meet some people's need if they refused to move on from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 10:55 PM
    I can't speak for others but mine is absolutely horrible for browsing and lags a ton now.

PlayBook is not better than the top modern tablets but I guess it could still meet some people's need if they refused to move on from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    It's not about refusing to move on, but really, have you ever compared the VKB between playbook's and any other tablet's out there? I'm using what works, not the latest and greatest.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:06 PM
    Portrait mode, ya.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:19 PM
    What!? The Playbook keyboard that's so great, it doesn't even cover most European languages, let alone East Asian ones?

Android and iOS have amazing third party keyboards like Swype and Fleksy and both OSes have UI languages and input options that cover most of the globe. The PB keyboard is usable in landscape mode but useless in portrait mode. Do try a fast predictive keyboard like Fleksy on Android sometime. And yes, I was a PB user and developer but I've relegated that useless thing to a book reader now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-07-16 02:02 AM
    It has Indonesian and English, which are perfect and able to learn more, can be added and corrected as one is typing. And I ALWAYS type in portrait mode, finishing over a dozen translation documents since I own the device almost a month ago. I can type fast and correctly, naturally much faster than PKB.

Landscape mode is fine, but I cannot use it that way because it's too wide to hold and awkward for the thumbs. The portrait mode enables me to hold the device properly (albeit a bit heavy) and type furiously with my thumbs. The auto correction feature helps tremendously along the way.

So if you say it's useless, you don't know what you're talking about. Go ahead, ask around.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-07-16 at 02:41 AM.
    03-07-16 02:19 AM
    I've tried many android VKBs. The better one is Google Keyboard, but even that is inferior to the Playbook's.

And BB10's VKB keyboard is, of course, even better than playbook's.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 02:23 AM
    What!? The Playbook keyboard that's so great, it doesn't even cover most European languages, let alone East Asian ones?

Android and iOS have amazing third party keyboards like Swype and Fleksy and both OSes have UI languages and input options that cover most of the globe. The PB keyboard is usable in landscape mode but useless in portrait mode. Do try a fast predictive keyboard like Fleksy on Android sometime. And yes, I was a PB user and developer but I've relegated that useless thing to a book reader now.
    Was referring to OE not third party KB and portrait mode is less than ideal on any 7" device.
    Apart from the occasional email I too have relegated my PB but still find its VKB very efficient.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 02:41 AM
    BB10 is not dying. That's nonsense. And such nonsense rumours hurt the company.

Rocking a Z30
    03-07-16 03:18 AM

I'm not defining anyone's reality, I'm stating a fact. If someone believes that the Playbook is better than a modern Android or iOS tablet then they are living in their own alternate reality, which is fine I guess but completely false..
    You must have some amazing rocks then if they can browse the web better then a playbook .

No offense but I think there are some clear fallacies in your thinking. First not everyone defines the greatest tablet in the world by web browsing. In this thread alone 3 people talked about writing and sound quality & VKB as significant reasons to like the playbook.
    Someone else might care about security (which android is lacking on) or just have some killer app or function that only the playbook offers that happens to increase their productivity. Just because they have different priorities to you doesn't make them wrong.

Next just because your playbook sucks doesn't mean the rest of the world does. It COULD but it is difficult for your to prove it's reality from a crackberry thread. Maybe your OS needs a factory reset or maybe your wifi connection blows or maybe you forgot to update .
    Or maybe you upset the BlackBerry Gods and hence they are punishing you with a very stuttering playbook.
    03-07-16 03:34 AM
    I'm with the OP.... Android phones are buggy, laggy, glitchy, I think they try to make them do to many things or something. On old flip phones with proprietary OS's 4 presses of the down button moved the cursor down 4 slots no madder what, on new phones these days 4 presses could get you 4 slots down or 3 or 2 then 2 more a little later, its so frustrating.....

Also Android is very unsecure, about half the apps steal your data, its just ********, I don't like googles business model at all... as they do the same.

Now I do think IOS is a lot better, they still have the laggy issues, can't access the file system, can't use memory cards, no physical keyboards...... but at least your data is secure and they have good apps.
    Wybrem likes this.
    03-07-16 04:06 AM
    You must have some amazing rocks then if they can browse the web better then a playbook .

No offense but I think there are some clear fallacies in your thinking. First not everyone defines the greatest tablet in the world by web browsing. In this thread alone 3 people talked about writing and sound quality & VKB as significant reasons to like the playbook.
    Someone else might care about security (which android is lacking on) or just have some killer app or function that only the playbook offers that happens to increase their productivity. Just because they have different priorities to you doesn't make them wrong.

Next just because your playbook sucks doesn't mean the rest of the world does. It COULD but it is difficult for your to prove it's reality from a crackberry thread. Maybe your OS needs a factory reset or maybe your wifi connection blows or maybe you forgot to update .
    Or maybe you upset the BlackBerry Gods and hence they are punishing you with a very stuttering playbook.
    You missed my entire point about the rock, but that's ok. And I'm not going to argue over a dead 7" tablet that is a complete waste of space, so carry on and use whatever works for you I guess, I'll just heartily disagree with you and anyone else that thinks the playbooks keyboard (or any other part of it for that matter) is better than any other tablet.
    03-07-16 04:42 AM
    I'm with the OP.... Android phones are buggy, laggy, glitchy, I think they try to make them do to many things or something. On old flip phones with proprietary OS's 4 presses of the down button moved the cursor down 4 slots no madder what, on new phones these days 4 presses could get you 4 slots down or 3 or 2 then 2 more a little later, its so frustrating.....

Also Android is very unsecure, about half the apps steal your data, its just ********, I don't like googles business model at all... as they do the same.

Now I do think IOS is a lot better, they still have the laggy issues, can't access the file system, can't use memory cards, no physical keyboards...... but at least your data is secure and they have good apps.
    BB phones are terrible for browsing the web and are only good for email. Since we are going to speak in old generalizations I'll just speak one on behalf of Blackberry phones.
    03-07-16 04:44 AM
    The Crackberry Koolaid is strong in this thread... The BB10 keyboard is light years ahead of the PB's and it supports a lot more languages. As for Android and iOS, the fact that you even have third party keyboards is a strength, as most are just a free download away.

I'm a PB owner who tried to code for and use the device for as long as I could. Heck, I got suckered into thinking BB would upgrade it to BB10 but Thor Heins' incompetence scuppered that. I stuck around with Origami Browser and some hopeless media players for too long but I switched to an Android phablet in the end. Firefox on Android is an amazingly fast and customizable browser, you're missing a lot if you think the Playbook is still a viable browsing machine in 2016.

As for all the Android gripes - BB10 devices aren't speed demons either and the PB is a snail, especially when running Gingerbread apps. If you don't like Google's practices, get a Google-free Android device or install custom privacy apps like XPrivacy.
    03-07-16 04:45 AM
    Heh. Android's VKB is better than BlackBerry's. Hahah! Ye jest. Even my cat is laughing so hard she choked. You hilarious, you.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 05:48 AM
    You missed my entire point about the rock, but that's ok. And I'm not going to argue over a dead 7" tablet that is a complete waste of space, so carry on and use whatever works for you I guess, I'll just heartily disagree with you and anyone else that thinks the playbooks keyboard (or any other part of it for that matter) is better than any other tablet.
    I got your point about the rock but the problem is your "facts" are non facts and don't compare to the rock .
    So I will agree with you the facts do exist - just they don't correspond to your opinions.

And we can stop discussing it if you want - your brought it up by insisting it was a fact that the playbook is inferior to your android tablet.

And the whole acquisition that devices are "dead" on this forum is comical at best since devices are only dead if the people no longer find them useful and stop using them.

I think the Priv is dead. Not just on the marketing front, but literally... the battery just died.
    It's android after all .
    03-07-16 05:56 AM
238 ... 45678 ...