Agreed.

Off topic, but I have tickets to the Rangers/Sabres game next week. Which jersey should I wear???
    Agreed...way off.

But since you asked...BURN that Rangers jersey! Sabres all the way.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 11:02 AM
    Stop spreading BS. BB10 Os is not dead, it is in Maintenance mode which in the programming world is the best stage to be in ...
    Maintenance mode doesn't mean abandoned...but if the community doesn't code more apps then probably will be
    Oh, okay, it's not dead, it's just comatose.
    03-05-16 12:45 PM
    Lol
    03-05-16 01:33 PM
    Oh, okay, it's not dead, it's just comatose.
    I believe the conversation went something like:

#1 - "not dead yet"

#2 - hits #1 in head with hammer "are now"

I'm seeing more and more Python here.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    03-05-16 02:18 PM
    I just sold my White Passport and bought the SIlver edition and I love it. A BB10 user remains BB10 user, because this OS can't be compared with any other OS of smartphones. There will always be ways to use whatsapp.
    03-05-16 03:28 PM
    I believe the conversation went something like:

#1 - "not dead yet"

#2 - hits #1 in head with hammer "are now"

I'm seeing more and more Python here.
    BB10 isn't dead, it's pining for the fjords.
    03-05-16 04:29 PM
    I don't think your standard feature phone would have the productivity features of a BlackBerry. Guessing that is why.
    Oh, maybe. But just to get a BlackBerry for the fluidity of the OS and not use it for music, video, media editing, maps, etc, then it's like only buying an oven to use as a hand warmer.
    03-05-16 06:28 PM
    I understand your frustration with Android. I think it's come a long way but I just don't enjoy using it like I do BB10, webOS, or to some extent iOS.

That said I think you've overreacted declaring BB10 dead this year. Even if BlackBerry does officially stop updating the OS this year it will probably be 2018 or so before you really start running into issues with API changes for services and apps breaking. The Android runtime will probably make up for any app deficiencies until around that time also. webOS stopped receiving updates in late 2011 and it wasn't until late 2014 that things really started breaking. Plus BB10 has an awesome modern browser which webOS really didn't so that'll help.

Oh and no one knows what WhatsApp will do after this year. Hopefully they'll just stop updating the app and it'll continue to work for a few more years.
    03-05-16 06:55 PM
    BB10 isn't dead, it's pining for the fjords.
    you could continue raking up those comments or you could...

Sent from probably the best mobile operating system in the world Blackberry 10
    sid89 likes this.
    03-05-16 07:23 PM
    exactly. not one thing the OP has said about Android has come NEAR to being true about my LG.
    Good Lord....
    Sadly most of them are facts, others are my opinion. I see you have a great passion for BlackBerry and an Godlike amount of free time as you hit nearly 100k posts--which means on average you post about 36 posts a day--assuming you started posting 36 posts a day from day 1 you registered (that is more than 1 post per hour per day 365 days a year). That is something I can't do. So basically we live on a different level--and naturally your vision of a "good" phone is different than mine.

I understand your phone works for you, but so does Facebook for most people--that doesn't mean Facebook is good--because it's not. I'm not saying BlackBerry is the best thing since sliced bread but it sure is a hell of a lot better than Android--I mean pretty much any OS is.
    03-05-16 07:32 PM
    Sadly most of them are facts, others are my opinion. I see you have a great passion for BlackBerry and an Godlike amount of free time as you hit nearly 100k posts--which means on average you post about 36 posts a day--assuming you started posting 36 posts a day from day 1 you registered (that is more than 1 post per hour per day 365 days a year). That is something I can't do. So basically we live on a different level--and naturally your vision of a "good" phone is different than mine.

I understand your phone works for you, but so does Facebook for most people--that doesn't mean Facebook is good--because it's not. I'm not saying BlackBerry is the best thing since sliced bread but it sure is a hell of a lot better than Android--I mean pretty much any OS is.
    OK, you went over the top there. You're not in the same league as Jaydee.
    Quit acting like you're smarter or better than everyone else.
    tufcustomer and raremage like this.
    03-05-16 08:13 PM
    You know what? He is.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 09:52 PM
    You know what? He is.

Posted via CB10
    Why because like yourself he doesn't like android? He has a personal preference as do you which is your right, but his "facts" cannot be facts if there are people who aren't experiencing similar things on their respective android devices. A fact is something that is indisputably the case, which as evident on responses in this thread alone isn't something his "facts" live up to. That's not to say someone's experience of Android can't be crummy and unsatisfying, but that's something that can be said of any OS if you ask the right person.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 10:04 PM
    I'm sorry, who says I'm smarter or better? I didn't, and I sure as hell didn't mean that. What I meant is that you can't compare Apple's with Pears BlackBerry's. My life is different from her's (different level), so she may not understand why an Android doesn't work for me (but I do). About the Facebook thing, it's sad but true, Facebook gives nothing about your privacy (I take my privacy rather serious).
    03-05-16 10:40 PM
    I'm sorry, who says I'm smarter or better? I didn't, and I sure as hell didn't mean that. What I meant is that you can't compare Apple's with Pears BlackBerry's. My life is different from her's (different level), so she may not understand why an Android doesn't work for me (but I do). About the Facebook thing, it's sad but true, Facebook gives nothing about your privacy (I take my privacy rather serious).
    All of these are fair and valid points.

They do not however, make any of the opinions you've been spouting off "facts."
    03-06-16 07:12 AM
    All of these are fair and valid points.

They do not however, make any of the opinions you've been spouting off "facts."
    Again, most of them really do. You have the same malware store as every other Android user. One app may work of your device, but not on my tablet, or 2.3.3 Android device (whatsapp for instance), so app incompatibility--a foreign concept for Apple users. Your phone needs just like any other Android phone an octa core with 4 gigs of mem to run a LITTLE smooth (don't believe me, get an Samsung Galaxy 1). Your Android NEEDS an anti virus to run 24/7. Your updates are utterly awful as you have to wait (just like everyone else) not only for Google but also for your brand to issue the update. Thanks to the horrible execution of Android, most people still run Jelly Bean or KitKat (70%). Only 1.2% of all Android users gets to enjoy 6.0 so far. Besides that Apple stays the number one favorite platform for developers, it has more apps available than Android currently--technically Android has more, but as I said, it's not available on every device plus the store is 95% copied crap, fake apps, scams, or malware (remember when BBM for Android was about to launch, it went all smooth on iOS (as expected) on Google Play we had 1 million scammy copies).

In the end Android is nothing more than a cheap knock-off of iOS, which explains why it is so horribly insecure and executed. But again, not saying it's a bad thing, Facebook is horribly executed yet very popular.
    03-06-16 07:33 AM
    BlackBerry lovers never let BlackBerry dead. example nemory with his inst10, face10, scope10, twittly, adrian sacchi with iGrann, kisai labs with Blaq, cobalt with Play Store for BlackBerry 10 and other developer I think still support BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry maybe end support for BlackBerry 10, but BlackBerry fans will revive BlackBerry 10 like Nintendo WII fans that revive online feature after Nintendo shutdown online feature for WII.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by My BlackBerry-10; 03-06-16 at 07:50 AM.
    03-06-16 07:40 AM
    BlackBerry lovers never let BlackBerry dead. example nemory with his inst10, face10, scope10, twittly, adrian sacchi with iGrann, kisai labs with Blaq, cobalt with Play Store for BlackBerry 10 and other developer I think still support BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    I thought Cobalt announced a few months ago no more support for his method for getting apps?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:46 AM
    I thought Cobalt announced a few months ago no more support for his method for getting apps?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12275976

Read #4842

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:53 AM
    Ok, good for people who use it then! I just wonder how many developers will keep developing alternatives to apps if they aren't going to make money off them since many of them are free (social media alternatives).

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:59 AM
    Facts:
    My Nexus 6 does not need 4 gigs of memory to run smoothly. Fastest device I have ever owned.
    No malware on my device, also no antivirus on my device. Not necessary.
    The Play Store is NOT "95% copied crap, fake apps, scams, or malware".

It is true that the number of devices and older versions out there are large. Somehow, though, it remains the #1 OS. That tells me that your "facts" are not getting in the way of people enjoying the experience.

Notice I didn't have to exaggerate in order to get my point across.
    Uzi, Thud Hardsmack, Rello and 1 others like this.
    03-06-16 08:12 AM
    Again, most of them really do. You have the same malware store as every other Android user. One app may work of your device, but not on my tablet, or 2.3.3 Android device (whatsapp for instance), so app incompatibility--a foreign concept for Apple users. Your phone needs just like any other Android phone an octa core with 4 gigs of mem to run a LITTLE smooth (don't believe me, get an Samsung Galaxy 1). Your Android NEEDS an anti virus to run 24/7. Your updates are utterly awful as you have to wait (just like everyone else) not only for Google but also for your brand to issue the update. Thanks to the horrible execution of Android, most people still run Jelly Bean or KitKat (70%). Only 1.2% of all Android users gets to enjoy 6.0 so far. Besides that Apple stays the number one favorite platform for developers, it has more apps available than Android currently--technically Android has more, but as I said, it's not available on every device plus the store is 95% copied crap, fake apps, scams, or malware (remember when BBM for Android was about to launch, it went all smooth on iOS (as expected) on Google Play we had 1 million scammy copies).

In the end Android is nothing more than a cheap knock-off of iOS, which explains why it is so horribly insecure and executed. But again, not saying it's a bad thing, Facebook is horribly executed yet very popular.
    You played with the wrong Droid...
    03-06-16 08:35 AM
    (I take my privacy rather serious).
    If you take your privacy rather serious , why are you on the Internet? Why do you have a mobile phone that can be tracked pretty much 24/7?
    Do you use credit cards or a bank card? Guess what that to is tracked.
    Rewards cards for stores like go station,supermarket etc... guess what those to.

If you took your privacy rather serious, then #1 we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
    #2 you would deal in cash only.
    No paycheck stubs for you on this.
    #3 you wouldn't have a mailing address.
    I could go on and on for days. But I won't.
    Fact of the matter is, privacy is an illusion in the world of technology.
    03-06-16 09:06 AM

Most of this is patently false.

The fact that roughly 1/3 of devices are still using Jellybean and prior speaks more to the staying power of older devices, and to the shear number of Android deployments worldwide. I would suspect that most of those older devices are passed on to kids or sitting in drawers after the primary user has already upgraded.

Look. Bottom line is that Android is not much different from Windows on a PC. If you behave responsibly, you should have no issues with security breaches or malware. I have no need for anti-virus or anti-malware software.

At the end of the day, I can do more - and do it faster - on my Priv compared to my Passport.

BB10 is a solid messaging platform if you limit yourself to email, sms, and bbm. Unfortunately, the world communicates and collaborates in so many other ways now, that most people need more than BB10 can provide. I too held out as long as I could, but now that I've moved to the Priv, I am shocked at how limited I was before making the change.

I find the Priv experience fluid, quick, and no-nonsense. File Management and remote access is second to none - which is very important for me.
    Uzi and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-06-16 09:20 AM

Wow, just wow. This is all over the place and has somehow managed to veer from talking about BB10 to iOS.

Okay, I'll bite (probably for the last time, but one never knows).

You're absolutely correct that some newer apps may not work on the 5-year old Android device you're using for your example.

However, you're incorrect that this issue doesn't exist with iOS. I have an iPhone 3GS and 4 which won't run the newer versions of some apps because the minimum software version was raised.

Heck, I'm still peeved (#notreally) that the latest version of Photoshop doesn't run on Win98.

You're absolutely correct that there are many Android apps which are available for the phone UI but not the tablet.

Oh wait, it's the same for iOS. Hey, Disney, I'm calling you out, right here, right now for not making a tablet version of the Star Wars app.

I'll follow-up in a later post with a later call out to app makers that made their business decision to not make a decent tablet version of their app.

None of this is "facts" about Android being bad. It does however support the fact that app makers pick and choose what OS and devices to support. Once again, not an OS issue.

You're absolutely correct that a 6 year old device (Galaxy S1) runs poorly compared to today's devices. Hey, the iPhone 3G looks like a snail compared to any of today's phones.

Here's a question? How did that S1 run compared to other handsets from the same era? Here, I'll do your homework for you and provide some FACTS:

Heck, even my Z10 was a dog when first released compared to phones of the same vintage (thankfully 10.1+ resolved some of the performance issues).

And you almost fooled my with your Appstore comment. I see a number (95%) and thought "Hey, he finally has some FACTS." Then I read the narrative and realized you most likely made up the metric. Please feel free to provide a credible source for your 95℅ figure.

Malware is Android only? Did you review any if the links i posted in my prior response? I know they may be confusing since they contain independently verified details with hard, repeatable data. You know, FACTS.

I do agree that the Android update situation leaves a lot to be desired.
    Uzi and TgeekB like this.
    03-06-16 09:27 AM
238 ... 23456 ...