Thanks for the "facts". LOL.
    03-04-16 07:59 PM
    I feel like people that are that worried about security and pay so much attention to every little detail of their own device would be just fine switching platforms and not succumbing to threats because of their awareness.

How many BlackBerry users who are so worried about security have used Windows computers as well? They have tons of issues but are still used. A lot of this rides on the user's use of his or her OS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 03-04-16 at 08:27 PM.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    03-04-16 08:08 PM
    Let me explain myself. Yes I always buy all my devices unlocked. Why would I pay more for less?

1. Updating is awful.
    Updates are fast for the Nexus devices, but for all others, not. They have to update their terrible proprietary software first so that they can still stay in control of the user�s experience rather than giving them the reigns.
    This is a fact. Continue.

2. Updates are awful.
    Following on from the first thing on this list, updates, too, are generally awful. Anyone who used Android 5.1.2 knows exactly what I�m talking about: volume randomly dropping even though it�s set to max, devices crashing sometimes when WiFi is turned on (subsequently clearing your entire saved networks database), inaccurate battery percentage displaying resulting in the phone dropping from 10% to 0% in seconds� the list goes on.
    Every OS has issues. Some are showstoppers, some aren't. BlackBerry OS and BB10 have had some doozies that chased people away never to come back.

3. Manufacturers are awful.
    Here�s the fix: give us Android, not Samsung-enhanced-super-duper-bloated-laggy-enhanced-Android.
    Yes. Gawd yes.

4. Google Play is awful.
    Google Play has no quality control, whatsoever. That�s a fact. There�s more rubbish than there is good. There�s more advert cash cows than there is genuinely nice experiences. This extends even to paid games and apps, which is just so wrong.
    This is not a fact. This is a subjective viewpoint. The reality is GPS is curated quite well, and there are very good apps there. And no paid app I have has any ads in it.

5. Android is awful.
    When I say �Android� here I am referring to the actual system itself.It�s slow, unresponsive and horrifically unsmooth. They�ve tried their best with Lollipop to push forward material design and the animations and etc are a nice touch, but it still doesn�t feel as nice as iOS or Windows Phone, and that�s a real shame.
    Not a fact, this is also subjective. My G3 is quite fast, on Lollipop and Marshmallow.

7. Malware present in applications.
    Although I've long complained about Apple's capricious approval process in the iPhone App Store, at least they haven't had a rampant malware problem.
    There is no "rampant" malware problem. There is a constant stream of clowns trying to get people to install a few (read: ~3% of 1.5 million) bad apps, but they get found and expunged soon enough. Keep to reputable devs and there won't ever be a problem.

8. New and exciting security holes.
    Now, admittedly, the whole authorization-token-in-the-clear security issue was nothing major and Google patched it quickly. But, on top of the whole malware problem, this sort of security issue is troubling.
    FUD. There's been a couple things to briefly worry about but it's nothing like what the media portrays - they like clicks, please click the scary link. Tell everyone else to click it and be scared too.

9. Complete lack of version number logic.
    Is the current version Froyo or Gingerbread or Honeycomb? Do I want an Ice Cream Sandwich or a Cupcake or a Donut? Is it possible to run a low-cal version of Android? What if I'm cutting carbs and mostly doing protein? Then what?
    Now this is a fact. Also, funny.

10. Very different user experience on different handsets.
    Love it or hate it, when you pick up an iPhone, it feels like an iPhone. It feels and works like a phone designed for use by a five year old, but at least it's a consistent feeling. This is not the case with Android phones.
    Also a fact, manufacturers want to stand out and feel that's the way to do it.

11. App incompatibility.
    Okay, this is a huge, huge deal-breaker. Apps built for one handset often don't work on another. It's almost impossible to be sure that you can run a given application without trying.
    Not a fact. Every app I have works between my Z10 and my G3 except for one - Hulu Plus. Not sure why. But anyway.

12. Too much tweaking required.
    While it annoys me to no end that I can't make minor tweaks and add utilities to my BlackBerry, the necessity of tweaking most Android phones to make them usable is unacceptable.
    Tweaking isn't necessary at all. Most Android users don't change anything. Their loss but that's just my opinion.

13. Poor tablet compatibility.
    Once again, compatibility is an issue. Many iPhone applications (actually nearly all of them) will run on the iPad. They may not be iPad-optimized, but they'll run.
    This point I don't know about, I've never sat down with an Android tablet other than Kindle Fire, and those apps work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:16 PM
    I feel like people that are that worried about security and pay so much attention to every little detail of their own would be just fine switching platforms and not succumbing to threats because of their awareness.

How many BlackBerry users who are so worried about security have used Windows computers as well? They have tons of issues but are still used. A lot of this rides on the user's use of hiss or her OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'd say the vast majority run Windows, because the software only runs on Windows and OSX. Not everyone buys a Mac because they cost a bit more than a Windows machine.
    03-04-16 08:19 PM
    Op, You are wrong on so many fronts I refuse to correct you on them because my time is worth more than that.
    The time I give you is for this comment alone.

The tablet compatibility is fine. Unless you get a forked version of an Android tablet like a fire or one from a manufacturer like Colby or RCA etc.
    As well is the App Compatibility unless it is similar to the reason above or you try to run a marshmallow level app on froyo or some such.
    Pretty much what Frett said

Coming from 9930>Playbook>Q10>Z30>Passport>Priv and now to a LG V10, I honestly don't see myself going back anytime soon.
    Even to the Priv itself. And I'm not a huge app user either.

Hub is great on BB10 alone. Even then, it has its limits. Purely because BlackBerry is lazy on the fine tuning of everything on the device. But the actual Gmail app is great as well, since you can add other email accounts such as hotmail or yahoo within the gmail app itself.
    So it is hub like in the email sense.

You need to do more research before firing off " Your Facts" / "Feelings" about Android.
    I once to hated Android and slightly do still. But that hate is dying slowly.
    The bad part is that after putting so much hope and money by buying into BlackBerry devices, I'm starting to hate them. Purely because they botched a great OS in a major fashion. Speaking of BB10.
    They also botched their Android launch as well with the Priv and their software.
    Last edited by DarkJoker33; 03-04-16 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Grammar
    TgeekB and pdizzle27 like this.
    03-04-16 08:54 PM
    Why do we need 3 new threads on this per week? Isn't there a moderator on this forum?
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-04-16 09:05 PM
    Why do we need 3 new threads on this per week? Isn't there a moderator on this forum?
    We've all got used to them over the past 5 years. If they're duplicates, report them and we'll compare/review and decide what to do about them.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-04-16 09:11 PM
    And carriers don't add bloatware to BlackBerry phones? Come on.

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea honestly. I meant that Samsung the brand itself adds about 8 gigs of bloatware. With BlackBerry I could only find the Amazon crap, which I was able to delete.
    03-04-16 09:23 PM
    Op, You are wrong on so many fronts I refuse to correct you on them because my time is worth more than that.
    The time I give you is for this comment alone.

The tablet compatibility is fine. Unless you get a forked version of an Android tablet like a fire or one from a manufacturer like Colby or RCA etc.
    As well is the App Compatibility unless it is similar to the reason above or you try to run a marshmallow level app on froyo or some such.
    Pretty much what Frett said

Coming from 9930>Playbook>Q10>Z30>Passport>Priv and now to a LG V10, I honestly don't see myself going back anytime soon.
    Even to the Priv itself. And I'm not a huge app user either.

Hub is great on BB10 alone. Even then, it has its limits. Purely because BlackBerry is lazy on the fine tuning of everything on the device. But the actual Gmail app is great as well, since you can add other email accounts such as hotmail or yahoo within the gmail app itself.
    So it is hub like in the email sense.

You need to do more research before firing off " Your Facts" / "Feelings" about Android.
    I once to hated Android and slightly do still. But that hate is dying slowly.
    The bad part is that after putting so much hope and money by buying into BlackBerry devices, I'm starting to hate them. Purely because they botched a great OS in a major fashion. Speaking of BB10.
    They also botched their Android launch as well with the Priv and their software.
    I've done enough research as I own a lot of devices and if I don't, my friends do. You're saying exactly what I meant. It's great that I can add more accounts into the Gmail app, but where will my Whatsapp messages go? I tell you where: not into the Gmail app, so there we go, now I need to open 2 different apps to get a glimpse of all my messages, additionally that Gmail app doesn't have a "view all" tab where all email gets mixed in (like the main hub tab). Then there is my BBM messages so there we go, 3 apps I need to open just to reply to my messages.

You know what, the moment Android drops Java (due 2017 I believe) and BlackBerry makes a worthy HUB for Android, I MIGHT give it a try again. But only because of the HUB, otherwise I see no point in Android--might as well pay a little more for a better OS (iPhone).
    03-04-16 09:37 PM
    I need the smartphone which has physic keyboard, has a good camera to take pictures of my little girl, runs stable, and controls emails and other notifications smartly. I am using PP more than 6 months and I am happy with it. My wife is using IP6. And my workmates use Note 5. However, I am not interested in those phones.
    If BB won't support BB10 anymore and my PP will die, I might change to IP. I can't stand with Android while I have old and slow Nexus 2012.
    03-04-16 09:45 PM
    I've done enough research as I own a lot of devices and if I don't, my friends do. You're saying exactly what I meant. It's great that I can add more accounts into the Gmail app, but where will my Whatsapp messages go? I tell you where: not into the Gmail app, so there we go, now I need to open 2 different apps to get a glimpse of all my messages, additionally that Gmail app doesn't have a "view all" tab where all email gets mixed in (like the main hub tab). Then there is my BBM messages so there we go, 3 apps I need to open just to reply to my messages.

You know what, the moment Android drops Java (due 2017 I believe) and BlackBerry makes a worthy HUB for Android, I MIGHT give it a try again. But only because of the HUB, otherwise I see no point in Android--might as well pay a little more for a better OS (iPhone).
    Gmail has a "view all" tab, that might not be exactly what it's called but it is there. I'm not debating personal preference for how to get through messages list, suffice to say I'm in accounts more often than main list so hopping between apps is exactly the same as when I switch tabs in the Hub on BB10.
    03-04-16 09:54 PM
    Let me explain myself. Yes I always buy all my devices unlocked. Why would I pay more for less?
    That's fair. But it's not an Android issue. It's a carrier v. unlocked issue. Has nothing to do specifically with Android.

1. Updating is awful.
    Updates are fast for the Nexus devices, but for all others, not. They have to update their terrible proprietary software first so that they can still stay in control of the user�s experience rather than giving them the reigns.
    Plenty of users around here would say that updates are slow to trickle to their BlackBerry devices. Remember the long overdue wait for 10.3.x on AT&T? Once again, a carrier issue, not an Android issue.

2. Updates are awful.
    Following on from the first thing on this list, updates, too, are generally awful. Anyone who used Android 5.1.2 knows exactly what I�m talking about: volume randomly dropping even though it�s set to max, devices crashing sometimes when WiFi is turned on (subsequently clearing your entire saved networks database), inaccurate battery percentage displaying resulting in the phone dropping from 10% to 0% in seconds� the list goes on.
    I used 5.1.2 (so that makes me anyone). Never experienced any of these issues. I can give you a list of issues I have experienced. I can also give you a list of issues with BBOS and BB10. Look around these boards, you'll see a whole bunch. You'll also see that they're not universal.

3. Manufacturers are awful.
    Here�s the fix: give us Android, not Samsung-enhanced-super-duper-bloated-laggy-enhanced-Android.
    Some people dig options. My better half actually prefers the changes Samsung has made. Mostly because the email client works well for her, provides a feature-filled and consistent user experience for all email types (IMAP, Gmail, ActiveSync) and supports S/MIME. That last one is key, especially since BlackBerry didn't add support for non-BES customers until last year.

I even know one person who digs HTC's horrid interface. And I know plenty of people who don't care. They'd rather get a budget-friendly device and don't worry much about the vendor changes since they spend almost all of their time inside their key apps.

Point is, choice can be good.

4. Google Play is awful.
    Google Play has no quality control, whatsoever. That�s a fact. There�s more rubbish than there is good. There�s more advert cash cows than there is genuinely nice experiences. This extends even to paid games and apps, which is just so wrong.
    BlackBerry World and SB4BB. *Cough*, *Cough*. Nuff said.

5. Android is awful.
    When I say �Android� here I am referring to the actual system itself.It�s slow, unresponsive and horrifically unsmooth. They�ve tried their best with Lollipop to push forward material design and the animations and etc are a nice touch, but it still doesn�t feel as nice as iOS or Windows Phone, and that�s a real shame.
    Hmm. Using what measure. I have a first-gen Moto G which ran circles around my Z10 in terms of performance. Better battery life, more responsive, faster web browsing. This was on KitKat and it was 1/3 the price of the Z10. Of course I loved my Z10 too. It had LTE. The camera was a draw. My better half's Galaxy S4 consistently trounced both of their phones across the board.

But really, when you're comparing the UX to iOS or Windows or Cascade or webOS or whatever it's a judgement call based on your personal preference. I can just as easily dig up a few friends who have unkind things to say about the "picture frame/Brady Bunch" interface of Windows.

7. Malware present in applications.
    Although I've long complained about Apple's capricious approval process in the iPhone App Store, at least they haven't had a rampant malware problem.
    Except for when they have had problems:
    1. Apple removes Windows malware from iOS App Store | ZDNet!
    2. https://threatpost.com/xcodeghost-ma...rouble/114778/
    3. Researchers slip malware onto Apple's App Store, again - CNET

8. New and exciting security holes.
    Now, admittedly, the whole authorization-token-in-the-clear security issue was nothing major and Google patched it quickly. But, on top of the whole malware problem, this sort of security issue is troubling.
    Security holes aren't strictly limited to Android. They affect every platform. All security issues are troubling. What's more troubling is that patches get delayed due to carrier interference.

9. Complete lack of version number logic.
    Is the current version Froyo or Gingerbread or Honeycomb? Do I want an Ice Cream Sandwich or a Cupcake or a Donut? Is it possible to run a low-cal version of Android? What if I'm cutting carbs and mostly doing protein? Then what?
    Yeah, you got me here. I don't even know how to respond to this.

Love it or hate it, when you pick up an iPhone, it feels like an iPhone. It feels and works like a phone designed for use by a five year old, but at least it's a consistent feeling. This is not the case with Android phones.
    Once again, this appears to be a personal preference thing (specifically yours) and not a fundamental flaw with Android. I'm sure plenty of folks around here would disagree with you and say choice is a good thing.

11. App incompatibility.
    Okay, this is a huge, huge deal-breaker. Apps built for one handset often don't work on another. It's almost impossible to be sure that you can run a given application without trying.
    Which apps? Seriously, which apps?

12. Too much tweaking required.
    While it annoys me to no end that I can't make minor tweaks and add utilities to my BlackBerry, the necessity of tweaking most Android phones to make them usable is unacceptable.
    We probably run in different circles. I know quite a few people who load custom ROMs and Jailbreak. But they're a very small minority out of all the smartphone users I know. Most just unbox, log in and install the apps they want.

Regardless, tweaking isn't limited to Android. Look at these forums and hoops and hurdles we all go through: Snap, Cobalt's GPS, Lucky Patcher, Sachesi, leaks, etc...

13. Poor tablet compatibility.
    Once again, compatibility is an issue. Many iPhone applications (actually nearly all of them) will run on the iPad. They may not be iPad-optimized, but they'll run.
    Okay, you've totally lost me here. You started off talking about how horrible Android is compared to BB10 and have consistently presented your opinions as fact. What the heck does this point - especially since it's about the iPad - have to do with either BB10 or Android?

Regardless, I appreciate your passion for BB10 (although, given this latest post it seems you may have more passion for iOS). But please, don't call your personal opinions and preferences "facts".
    03-04-16 10:17 PM
    You guys are lunatics. BlackBerry legacy devices have been dead for years and ppl still using them daily. Dead? No, stop making new ones? Ya probably

Go hug someone you care about and worry about stuff that matters. Goodness
    Aju, TgeekB, jaydee5799 and 3 others like this.
    03-04-16 10:53 PM
    I'm pretty much the only one I know who uses a BlackBerry, but I'm also the only one I know who has a 70% battery level around 10pm, and who uses his phone as a phone, not a tablet or computer.
    Stuff like this bothers me. Why get a "smartphone" at all and not use it as it was intended? Why not just get a feature phone if you just want to use the basics?
    03-05-16 01:25 AM
    What is "Cobalt's Hub"?
    Cobalt has extended his magic in to the Android world to allow android users not using a Priv the ability to experience several BlackBerry features.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-05-16 02:49 AM
    Now that was a funny post . I totally agree that the iPhone feels like it's designed for a 5 year old !

And i'm also no fan of android.. mostly because of the poor battery life, and also on some big level I just don't like the feel of google products and i find Android more difficult to be productive with.
    But I must say that I have tried more then one brand of Android device and they all felt like Android to me.
    Last edited by ravencore; 03-05-16 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Wybrem likes this.
    03-05-16 03:16 AM
    Stop spreading BS. BB10 Os is not dead, it is in Maintenance mode which in the programming world is the best stage to be in ...
    Maintenance mode doesn't mean abandoned...but if the community doesn't code more apps then probably will be
    03-05-16 03:27 AM
    Stuff like this bothers me. Why get a "smartphone" at all and not use it as it was intended? Why not just get a feature phone if you just want to use the basics?
    I don't think your standard feature phone would have the productivity features of a BlackBerry. Guessing that is why.
    03-05-16 03:35 AM
    I have no idea honestly. I meant that Samsung the brand itself adds about 8 gigs of bloatware. With BlackBerry I could only find the Amazon crap, which I was able to delete.
    True, thus why I don't buy Samsung. It's nice to have choices.
    Wybrem likes this.
    03-05-16 06:17 AM

Again, I agree. The HUB brings a universality to messages that is unique and powerful. The one and probably only thing I miss from BB10.

But, it doesn't make Android useless in the mean time.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-05-16 06:20 AM
    Thanks for your input guys. I hope they'll make new BB10 devices, but I highly doubt it. BlackBerry releases 2 more Android devices this year and again called it it's make or break year for handsets. I can already tell nobody is going to buy the Vienna as it looks rather awkward *seen from the leaked renders*. I'd like to see an Passport running Android with a decent hub please, however an 1x1 screen ratio will not do well for Android.
    03-05-16 07:11 AM
    Actually, it's 4.3 Jelly Bean in 10.3.2. But, it will never be updated beyond that into Kit Kat, much less Lollipop or Marshmallow territory.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and no Blackberry once again with have truths and no info they have painted themselves into a corner. They have stated we are committed to the secure side of OS10....plus the demand from our larger users is their, one problem. Should that be true than updates to runtime must follow. It cannot be left behind because it would be security hole, should they drop runtime. It would kill off OS10 to all users. So once again, a clear shot in the foot!

BlackBerry never disappoints!

WOOF!
    03-05-16 08:30 AM
    hope not… just bought my 3rd BB10 device this friday!
    03-05-16 09:47 AM
    Thanks for the "facts". LOL.
    exactly. not one thing the OP has said about Android has come NEAR to being true about my LG.
    Good Lord....
    raremage likes this.
    03-05-16 10:28 AM
    exactly. not one thing the OP has said about Android has come NEAR to being true about my LG.
    Good Lord....
    Agreed.

Off topic, but I have tickets to the Rangers/Sabres game next week. Which jersey should I wear???
    03-05-16 10:30 AM
238 12345 ...