Here is a perfect example of why I get so frustrated with both Blackberry and Carriers. I went to a Verizon store yesterday. Granted, this wasn't a corporate store but a large store within a big mall and there were no Z30's in sight. I'd really like to get a Z30
    but my only option is to buy a Verizon model and use it on AT&T as I'm not switching carriers for a phone. I asked the sales rep if they had any and he said they've never stocked it but could order it and have it delivered to the store. He never bad mouthed BB when I asked him why they didn't stock it he just simply said that the new ones weren't selling and they had several returns of what they did sell because of a myriad of reasons (issues with rebooting and bad battery life were two he gave) so they quit stocking them and had no plans to stock the Z30.

So it's kind of like a unending circle of doom here. They won't stock the Z30
    because the Z10 didn't sell well and had issues. While I think that the Z30 corrects a lot of those issues this Verizon store doesn't want to stock it because of the failure of the Z10. It's a difficult situation for both the carrier and BB and I don't know how it can be fixed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-15-13 06:55 PM
    When BlackBerry close down it will be solved.

Seriously, I think alot of people out there like what BlackBerry is offering but will not give it a chance because they think BlackBerry is bankrupt. We all know that it is not but that is the perception and this will not change.

Unless the media starts to provide positive news on BlackBerry for a long time then this will slowly change.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:12 PM
    Remember when Heins delayed the rollout of BB10 because he said it was extremely important to get the launch right in such a competitive field? Well, he was right.

You can't blame Verizon. When Verizon wanted an iPhone killer, they went straight to BlackBerry. Years later, and after a weak BB10 launch, you can't expect them to promote the Z30. BlackBerry is lucky Verizon at least sells it via special order.
    12-15-13 07:21 PM
    And negative posts coming to an end would help too.........

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    12-15-13 07:22 PM
    And negative posts coming to an end would help too.........

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    I'm not sure if you're referring to my post but if you are, ok. It's not negative it's valid frustration and just making a statement like that is baiting people to get into an argument with you.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-15-13 07:40 PM
    Just swung by a Verizon outlet in Tuttle Crossing mall and they had the Z30, Z10,and Q10 out front and center. I got into a brief conversation about the Z30. We mostly talked about how hard it is to demo the gestures with all the security straps all across the screen. We also talked a little about the new Android runtime and he said the blackberry rep demoed it to him and he thought it was cool.

Posted via Z10 featuring Channel C0031BD24
    12-15-13 09:42 PM
    I'm not sure if you're referring to my post but if you are, ok. It's not negative it's valid frustration and just making a statement like that is baiting people to get into an argument with you.
    Nope not looking for a argument but the heading is negative, people come in see negative thread title, just as bad as a negative review without actually testing the phone and os, as well as someone saying the hourglass still spins when the new os doesn't have anything like that. All misleading in some form. They all stop people may start trusting bb again. Just sayin!
    12-15-13 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry should have sold BlackBerry 10 smartphones directly to end-users from the outset and not relied upon the wireless carriers. The pricing could have been significantly lower thereby driving higher adoption rates.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-16-13 01:15 AM
    Am I the only one who has never been in a Verizon store that DOESN'T stock the z30?

Now maybe they don't always have prime placement (sometimes over in corners, etc...), but I have never been in a Verizon store that doesn't have at least one on display. I wonder sometimes if some of you guys live out in the middle of nowhere?! Haha

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:17 AM
    Stopped by a large free standing Verizon store on busy Dixie Hwy in Louisville, KY to try out the Z30. The salesman said I was the first person to ever ask for one. He then went on to explain he did see a Z30, once, that the BlackBerry rep had, but he never handled it and they do not have any in stock. They don't have a dummy or a live one at the store either. He didn't offer to order me one, either.

My response was, "isn't it hard to sell what you don't have?" No response from him.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    12-16-13 08:28 AM
    My iPhone 4s quit working right after the iPhone 5C and S came out. My contract was up anyway and I'm satisfied with iPhone PLUS the apps I need for work are no on BB so please, no flack for not trying BBOS. I don't have a choice in the matter and even if I did, I'm content with what I have and in my way of thinking, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Anyway, the sales guy and I got to talking and someone next to me was having a problem with his BB10 phone and basically hated it and cussed the day he ever bought the phone. The lady helping that man said that she thought that BB sucks and he agreed.

So yeah, it is in a lot of places.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-16-13 09:01 AM
    Stopped by a large free standing Verizon store on busy Dixie Hwy in Louisville, KY to try out the Z30. The salesman said I was the first person to ever ask for one. He then went on to explain he did see a Z30, once, that the BlackBerry rep had, but he never handled it and they do not have any in stock. They don't have a dummy or a live one at the store either. He didn't offer to order me one, either.

My response was, "isn't it hard to sell what you don't have?" No response from him.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Hey I live in Louisville too! Actually born and raised here. Nice to see someone local on here!!

That also validates my point that I guess the area stores just aren't carrying it.
    12-16-13 09:25 AM
    BlackBerry should have sold BlackBerry 10 smartphones directly to end-users from the outset and not relied upon the wireless carriers. The pricing could have been significantly lower thereby driving higher adoption rates.

Posted via CB10
    The prices would have been much, much higher.

The Z10 at launch on AT&T was $199 on a 2-year contract. No contract price was $649.

With no carrier support, BB would also have to market the phones on their own budget, driving the price higher. They would also have to provide 100% of the support, which they don't have the infrastructure for.

Up until 2010, Nokia (which had no carrier support in the US until the WP deal) used to sell unlocked smartphones in the US from its flagship stores in NY, LA and Chicago. They closed them because no one was willing to pay $600 for a Nokia with a strange Symbian OS when they could walk into an Apple store and buy the new iPhone for $200 on contract.

Whatever unlocked BB you'd be buying for $600+, you'd still be paying AT&T service fees with no carrier subsidy, so what's the point? Yeah, if you went prepaid at T-Mobile, you'd save some money, but the carrier model works for customers because it gets them the latest phone at a subsidized price.
    12-16-13 09:39 AM
    The prices would have been much, much higher.

The Z10 at launch on AT&T was $199 on a 2-year contract. No contract price was $649.

With no carrier support, BB would also have to market the phones on their own budget, driving the price higher. They would also have to provide 100% of the support, which they don't have the infrastructure for.

Up until 2010, Nokia (which had no carrier support in the US until the WP deal) used to sell unlocked smartphones in the US from its flagship stores in NY, LA and Chicago. They closed them because no one was willing to pay $600 for a Nokia with a strange Symbian OS when they could walk into an Apple store and buy the new iPhone for $200 on contract.

Whatever unlocked BB you'd be buying for $600+, you'd still be paying AT&T service fees with no carrier subsidy, so what's the point? Yeah, if you went prepaid at T-Mobile, you'd save some money, but the carrier model works for customers because it gets them the latest phone at a subsidized price.
    And that is the issue. BB's prices for these phones is so out of whack they essentially priced themselves out of the market with the launch of BB10. They could have taken an approach similar to Google and offered the phones unlocked for less of a premium cost. That could have driven interest in the platform and they could return back to the traditional pricing model once the platform was established. To price the Z10 in the $600 range off contract was complete arrogance IMO by a company that sat around for years and watched the smartphone market pass them by, only to re-enter it and think they could charge whatever they wanted because people would return to BB because the faithful that used them in the past would happily return to them, which obviously hasn't been the case.
    12-16-13 11:03 AM
    I don't think you can call it arrogant... perhaps misguided, but I am sure that they did market research and their analysis said that the price point they selected would do best. it's a little foolish to think that BlackBerry priced their phones on a whim.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:07 AM
    My iPhone 4s quit working right after the iPhone 5C and S came out. My contract was up anyway and I'm satisfied with iPhone PLUS the apps I need for work are no on BB so please, no flack for not trying BBOS. I don't have a choice in the matter and even if I did, I'm content with what I have and in my way of thinking, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Anyway, the sales guy and I got to talking and someone next to me was having a problem with his BB10 phone and basically hated it and cussed the day he ever bought the phone. The lady helping that man said that she thought that BB sucks and he agreed.

So yeah, it is in a lot of places.
    I wonder what he was having problems with. Most of the time it is something quite simple. The problem is there was not enough information and knowledge passed to reps for them to know how to rectify a customers issues. Should have pointed him to CB to see if he could get help that way. I mean the poor guy is probably stuck with a phone he has no clue how to use. It doesn't matter if he thinks it sucks.
    12-16-13 11:10 AM
    And where is the10.2 for the z10. On Verizon. I am not that tech savvy to do a leak although I sideloaded Instagram. That also kills the z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:19 AM
    Here is a perfect example of why I get so frustrated with both Blackberry and Carriers. I went to a Verizon store yesterday. Granted, this wasn't a corporate store but a large store within a big mall and there were no Z30's in sight. I'd really like to get a Z30
    but my only option is to buy a Verizon model and use it on AT&T as I'm not switching carriers for a phone. I asked the sales rep if they had any and he said they've never stocked it but could order it and have it delivered to the store. He never bad mouthed BB when I asked him why they didn't stock it he just simply said that the new ones weren't selling and they had several returns of what they did sell because of a myriad of reasons (issues with rebooting and bad battery life were two he gave) so they quit stocking them and had no plans to stock the Z30.

So it's kind of like a unending circle of doom here. They won't stock the Z30
    because the Z10 didn't sell well and had issues. While I think that the Z30 corrects a lot of those issues this Verizon store doesn't want to stock it because of the failure of the Z10. It's a difficult situation for both the carrier and BB and I don't know how it can be fixed.
    I haven't been in my Verizon store recently but this summer they had the Z10 and Q10 prominently displayed next to some new Moto Droids. They certainly had them front and center then.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:30 AM
    I don't think you can call it arrogant... perhaps misguided, but I am sure that they did market research and their analysis said that the price point they selected would do best. it's a little foolish to think that BlackBerry priced their phones on a whim.

Posted via CB10
    Really? After the debacle that was the Playbook how can you possibly think that.
    12-16-13 01:06 PM
    Market research can be flawed......... but to think a company such as BlackBerry just randomly priced a device is a little far fetched.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:54 PM
    I haven't been in my Verizon store recently but this summer they had the Z10 and Q10 prominently displayed next to some new Moto Droids. They certainly had them front and center then.

Posted via CB10
    Market research can be flawed......... but to think a company such as BlackBerry just randomly priced a device is a little far fetched.

Posted via CB10
    No they didn't just price their phones randomly. Nobody would be that stupid. But mind you they could have gotten lucky if the random number was a lot lower. No, instead BlackBerry priced their devices as premium with a high profit margin to keep the shareholders happy. It was a temporary fix to keep shareholders aboard and a grave mistake to do that. They should have priced it with little profit margin to take the losses in device price at launch so they can reach a broader audience, cut out a chunk of the market and then have the ability to raise the price on current higher quality offerings. They would have been in a better position right now. Not saying they would be #3. I think it was inevitable that Micro$oft would take that. They have an ecosystem. They have tablets and computers and own a big chunk of that market. I'm just saying BlackBerry would have put BB10 in more peoples hands and changed perception. That is what really is killing them. Not marketing it properly just drove the nails deeper.
    12-16-13 04:30 PM
    I wonder what he was having problems with. Most of the time it is something quite simple. The problem is there was not enough information and knowledge passed to reps for them to know how to rectify a customers issues. Should have pointed him to CB to see if he could get help that way. I mean the poor guy is probably stuck with a phone he has no clue how to use. It doesn't matter if he thinks it sucks.
    I wasn't paying that much attention to him but by the time I left, he was getting a new non BB phone.
    12-17-13 08:10 AM
    No they didn't just price their phones randomly. Nobody would be that stupid. But mind you they could have gotten lucky if the random number was a lot lower. No, instead BlackBerry priced their devices as premium with a high profit margin to keep the shareholders happy. It was a temporary fix to keep shareholders aboard and a grave mistake to do that. They should have priced it with little profit margin to take the losses in device price at launch so they can reach a broader audience, cut out a chunk of the market and then have the ability to raise the price on current higher quality offerings. They would have been in a better position right now. Not saying they would be #3. I think it was inevitable that Micro$oft would take that. They have an ecosystem. They have tablets and computers and own a big chunk of that market. I'm just saying BlackBerry would have put BB10 in more peoples hands and changed perception. That is what really is killing them. Not marketing it properly just drove the nails deeper.
    Possibly but who's to say that a lower priced device sells better? That's not always the case either. My point is they did their research and things didn't pan out like they would have hoped. Hindsight is always 20-20

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:55 AM
    The BlackBerry Z10 should have been priced at CAD / USD250.00 off-contract and the BlackBerry Q10 priced the same, and the BlackBerry Q5 priced at CAD / USD150.00 off-contract and the BlackBerry Z30 priced at CAD / USD350.00 off-contract. The actual retail pricing was a fool's dream.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:07 PM