You know it's pretty much assured to not be this magical unicorn device, right? lol.

No sign of it in a OS.... Already reportedly showing up in Vodafone systems even though it's not rumored to release until 2015... has internally been referred to as an 'all access' (See: Low end) device...

- 1.5Ghz Dual Core MSM8960
    - LTE/HSPA+
    - 5.0-Inch display with 540x960
    - 2500 mAh Non-Removable Battery
    - 8MP AF RF, 1.1MP FF with 720p HD recording
    - 144x72x9.2mm

LTE Z3 Specs, note the processor change. Manitoba is entirely fictional... lol... or the Z3 LTE is Manitoba or as Thurask pointed out, a downgraded Z30.
    anon(7936865) and cloetechris like this.
    06-20-14 03:14 PM
    I'm crushed.
    06-20-14 03:18 PM
    So, Bla1ze, to which codename ought we be focused for a non-all access (see: high end) device?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:21 PM
    Finally. . .
    06-20-14 03:27 PM
    I was hoping against hope that we might just get a high end touch device this year even though I had serious doubts...however seeing JC holding that weirdo thingie...I'm going to obtain my passport come September...just to be different )

CAUTION : MAJ On Z30 Now!!!!
    06-20-14 03:33 PM
    Glad this rumor has finally been laid to rest.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:35 PM
    So, Bla1ze, to which codename ought we be focused for a non-all access (see: high end) device?

Posted via CB10
    Not so sure anyone should have even ever been focusing on Manitoba lol. It's always been referred to as an 'all access' device.
    06-20-14 03:36 PM
    For me it's not about the name. I'm interested in upgrading my z10 about Q2 2015. As the Z 30 isn't quite a perfect for for t-mobile, what device will I be looking for? No need for top specs, but z3 would be a downgrade... so.... ???

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-20-14 03:39 PM
    Not so sure anyone should have even ever been focusing on Manitoba lol. It's always been referred to as an 'all access' device.
    It was only called Manitoba because of Crackberry Kevin. Funny the specs get demoted at the same time he does. Lol.

JK
    All hail Blaze.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    06-20-14 03:41 PM
    Seriously a Z30 will cater to 98 percent of your needs. Want to support BlackBerry? Get the Z30 and you'll be glad you did.

If john chen hasnt announced it yet that means its guaranteed not to come this year what ever this next full touch screen is.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    manonthemoon likes this.
    06-20-14 03:43 PM
    So is there no high end all touch in the pipeline?
    06-20-14 04:21 PM
    High end touch will be in Q1. You have to believe there are further devices in the pipeline. Manitoba will be Q4 slightly upgraded Z3.
    06-20-14 04:33 PM
    Given the release dates for the Passport and Classic, Im guessing the next high end touch device will come in the latter parts of 2015 (Q3 or Q4). I wanna try the passport in hands first and If its not ideal, I will look at what the Classic provides, that my Q10 doesn't already before I decide to get one. Else might just wait. Im not particularly fussed about whether the device is all touch or keyboard. Worst case scenario I might buy a cheap z30 from ebay.
    06-20-14 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry was blamed in the past when they announced phones too early. I think it's wise not to announce anything until it's ready to be shown. John Chen had a Passport and a Classic in hand to show, so it's alright for me.

Beside, he did a pretty good job at *not* leaking Classic images. Not so much for the Passport though.

Just be coherent, guys.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-20-14 05:04 PM
    If they would just put a 13 MP camera on the Z 40 I'd be happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:07 PM
    Opps sorry I meant 13MP camera on Z 30 I'd be happy

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:09 PM
    The Z3, Z10, Z30, Q5, and Q10 will all be end of life probably next year spring/summer (Z3 may be around a little longer given the fact it just came out). I believe that the Passport and Classic are just the start of the next generation of BB10 devices. We already know their is a new Porsche Design BlackBerry in the pipeline too (most likely based on the either the Classic or the Passport, my guess more on the Classic), and I'm sure we will see upgraded replacements for the Z3 and the Z30 in spring/summer 2015 when 10.4 starts to rollout (at the earliest). The Z10 on the other hand, I'm not so sure will carry on given the high demand for large screen phablet devices. That might be end of life for good. The qwerty devices are the most essential to get out first, because they would be the most widely used in the corporate and government sectors. Plus, BlackBerry already has a flood of touchscreens that are too new to spend the money on replacing already. Also, all touch is not a priority at the moment for BlackBerry, since they seem to view all touch as a consumer device rather than a corporate device, and consumer devices are just not front and center right now with their set priorities and short term plans. However, I would note that a large phablet all touch phone (or even a tablet) would be something I believe the medical industry would use opposed to a qwerty, which is why I believe such a device is in the cards for the near future. Now, the Manitoba is too far out to even get an idea of what the actual specs will be, if it is even being developed, or will even be released. I've heard it was going to be Quad-core, Octa-core, 4k, 1080p, 3gb-8gb of RAM, every week the specs keep changing. Here's an idea, let's pretend the Manitoba doesn't exist, because there certainly isn't enough evidence to say that it even does. Just a whole lot of speculation from unnamed sources. We will learn more as that time nears. In the meantime, we should all be focusing on the Amazon App store deal, 10.3 and 10.3.1, the Passport, Classic, and Z3 LTE, all of which is coming within the next 6 months.

One more thing, has anyone noticed that the next generation BB10 devices no longer fit with the letter/number (i.e. Z10, Q10) naming scheme? It seems BlackBerry is going back to giving proper names to their devices like we use to have (i.e. Bold, Torch, Curve). I personally think that is a great thing. Makes the phone more memorable and stand out amongst it's competitors. It also works out better for marketing purposes.

Posted via CB10 / BlackBerry Z30 (VZW)
    Last edited by bjschey; 06-20-14 at 10:11 PM.
    Jackson15 likes this.
    06-20-14 05:44 PM
    Maybe get a Z30 and ditch T-Mobile altogether?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:50 PM
    The Z3, Z10, Z30, Q5, and Q10 will all be end of life probably next year spring/summer (Z3 may be around a little longer given the fact it just came out). I believe that the Passport and Classic are just the start of the next generation of BB10 devices. We already know their is a new Porsche Design BlackBerry in the pipeline too (most likely based on the either the Classic or the Passport, my guess more on the Classic), and I'm sure we will see upgraded replacements for the Z3 and the Z30 in spring/summer 2015 when 10.4 starts to rollout (at the earliest). The Z10 on the other hand, I'm not so sure will carry on given the high demand for large screen phablet devices. That might be end of life for good. The qwerty devices are the most essential to get out first, because they would be the most widely used in the corporate and government sectors. Plus, BlackBerry already has a flood of touchscreens that are too new to spend the money on replacing already. Also, all touch is not a priority at the moment for BlackBerry, since they seem to view all touch as a consumer device rather than a corporate device, and consumer devices are just not front and center right now with their set priorities and short term plans. However, I would note that a large phablet all touch phone (or even a tablet) would be something I believe the medical industry would use opposed to a qwerty, which is why I believe such a device is in the cards for the near future. Now, the Manitoba is too far out to even get an idea of what the actual specs will be, if it is even being developed, or will even be released. I've heard it was going to be Quad-core, Octa-core, 4k, 1080p, 3gb-8gb of RAM, every week the specs keep changing. Here's an idea, let's pretend the Manitoba doesn't exist, because there certainly isn't enough evidence to say that it even does. Just a whole lot of speculation from unnamed sources. We will learn more as that time nears. In the meantime, we should all be focusing on the Amazon App store deal, 10.3 and 10.3.1, the Passport, Classic, and Z3 LTE, all of which is coming within the next 6 months.

One more thing, has anyone noticed that the next generation BB10 devices no longer fit with the letter/number (i.e. Z10, Q10) naming scheme? It seems BlackBerry is going back to giving proper names to their devices like we use to have (i.e. Bold, Torch, Curve). I personally think that is a great thing. Makes the phone more memorable and stand out amongst it's competitors. It also works out better for marketing purposes.

There has to be another high end touch in the pipeline for early to mid calendar year 2015. Why bother entering into a partnership with Amazon to provide Android apps, of which many will not scale properly on these new QWERTY business phones? The whole idea was to get apps so that they could market a new device to the consumer masses.
    06-20-14 10:13 PM
    True!

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-20-14 10:20 PM
    This is what I originally thought but I got caught up with all the hype.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    06-20-14 10:43 PM
    There has to be another high end touch in the pipeline for early to mid calendar year 2015. Why bother entering into a partnership with Amazon to provide Android apps, of which many will not scale properly on these new QWERTY business phones? The whole idea was to get apps so that they could market a new device to the consumer masses.
    Good point. I do believe that there is going to be a new high end (Z30 replacement) and low end (Z3 replacement) next year. Probably Spring at the earliest, or my guess when 10.4 is going to be rolling out. BlackBerry can make qwerty their priority, but it is a shrinking market. To stay in the hardware business they have to also appeal to the dominant all touch market. Plus, they already have one of the best touchscreen keyboards, if not the best, and they can't let that go to waist. I don't know what the Manitoba will end up being (high/low end) or if it will even be made. The fact that the rumors and specs around it keep changing make me believe it is a dead end device. But again, I do believe something is coming in the form of all touch, and more solid evidence, leaks, etc. will show up on it towards the end of the year. Right now the focus and talk is on the Passport, Classic, and Z3 LTE, and of course the Amazon deal, also 10.3 and 10.3.1 which is what BlackBerry wants right now. We may even get a few surprises on the way, such as BlackBerry Blend and BBM Meetings. I guess we'll find out in time. That is the only sure thing.

LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-20-14 11:24 PM
    The problem, I believe, is that any momentum BlackBerry has in the device field right now - as little or tiny as it may be - is related to its full - touch devices.

Granted it is anecdotal, but the people I know who have to use a BlackBerry for work have all chosen the Z30. I also have some BlackBerry diehard friends who love their Z10s and Z30s (there are a few still out there!). They love the operating system. My one friend who rocks a Q10: "I like it because it has a physical keyboard." He does not say that he loves bb10, he will just say that he can't live without a physical keyboard.

I feel like if BlackBerry delays a flagship full-touch device too long, they will lose the small loyalty they have built up with the Z10/Z30. Importantly, they will lose this in Chen's much sought after enterprise market. Executives want the touch screen, they want the real estate.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 03:28 AM
    I feel like if BlackBerry delays a flagship full-touch device too long, they will lose the small loyalty they have built up with the Z10/Z30. Importantly, they will lose this in Chen's much sought after enterprise market. Executives want the touch screen, they want the real estate.
    Some of those execs will find the real estate of the passport to be ideal for them instead, but if an exec goes elsewhere then they will still be happy to control that other device using BES too.

At this point it seems like their main attacks will be on the existing qwerty bbos users with the classic and their main all-touch offering will be the lte variant of the z3, both of these devices are going to be priced at a level to appeal to businesses first and foremost. Don't forget that there is still 40 million or so bbos users out there which could be a rich vein of sales for a company that has stated it can get by with 10m a year.
    06-21-14 04:30 AM
    I wait my Passport!
    06-21-14 08:06 AM
46 12