Yes, and has there been any news?
    Nothing from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the fact that it came up on both websites this morning qualified as news.
    10-11-16 03:03 PM
    I thought the fact that it came up on both websites this morning qualified as news.
    On website??? You call that news?
    How many people are on any web for news when it's time to buy?
    10-11-16 05:31 PM
    On website??? You call that news?
    How many people are on any web for news when it's time to buy?
    You're kidding I hope.

If you read back, you can BUY the DTEK60 today from B&H and handtec.

So, yes, that's news.
    10-11-16 05:35 PM
    I think the hope is that there would be some type of launch event.
    There was! Oh, did you blink and miss it!
    10-11-16 06:15 PM
    You're kidding I hope.

If you read back, you can BUY the DTEK60 today from B&H and handtec.

So, yes, that's news.
    My point is, how many customer will be attached to any web site for news of a new phone when they are ready to buy? None
    I surely don't see it as news since I didn't even know about it till you mention it.
    The consumer does not know.
    That kind of news need to be in the paper or tv to become a real news or at the store
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-11-16 07:13 PM
    My point is, how many customer will be attached to any web site for news of a new phone when they are ready to buy? None
    I surely don't see it as news since I didn't even know about it till you mention it.
    That kind of news need to be in the paper or tv to become a real news or at the store
    How about the front page of Crackberry?

This is the retailer's choice as to what they do to promote it. ShopBlackberry has not started the pre-orders yet.

This is weird. Someone asked if there was news. I replied, "why yes, some retailers are selling it now". If you don't like the news, then carry on.
    10-11-16 07:41 PM
    Never mind then
    10-11-16 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry's market share is so low at this point, there's not much they can do to be noticed by consumers. I was in a major Canadian carrier store recently. The PRIV and the Classic they used to have on display at the front of the store were nowhere in sight. When I asked about the DTEK 50, the salesperson said they didn't have one and that BlackBerry had now stopped making phones.

The DTEK60 will be news briefly in Canada on TV and in major newspapers, but most consumers will hardly notice. Besides, they just want a phone like their friends have, and that's not a BlackBerry.

And as you've probably heard, BlackBerry is now mainly in the business of selling mobile device management and security related software to governments and enterprise customers. The main reason BlackBerry still produces hardware is to support those software sales.
    10-11-16 11:53 PM
    LOL

If that really was the launch of the D60, it was the softest launch in history and makes the way BB sneaked out the Z30 in an obscure Malaysian show seem like a gala event!

Was there even a BB press release?
    stlabrat and eldricho like this.
    10-12-16 02:07 AM
    Save the date "17th October" ....
    10-12-16 03:10 AM
    What we really need is a "DTEK60 will be *October" thread because that has worked out so well for 10.3.3.

Oh, wait...
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-12-16 03:20 AM
    LOL

If that really was the launch of the D60, it was the softest launch in history and makes the way BB sneaked out the Z30 in an obscure Malaysian show seem like a gala event!

Was there even a BB press release?
    It really is all getting a little Palm Pre 3.

1) CEO Announced they are getting out of hardware just before launch of phone - Check.

2) Pushed out to die in the cold with no marketing or advertising and via a couple of web-stores - check.

3) Lurid claims of how the phone could be a massive hit that ignore point 1 and 2 - check.

4) Claims of an unknown phone that will be released later (I think the WebOS was code-named winsor?) - check.
    10-12-16 04:54 AM
    Oh, off-topic I know, but I need to share that I've finally seen my very first BB10 phone outside of a phone shop. It was a Classic if anyone is interested. I live a few miles from the 6th largest city in the UK.

Only taken the best part of 4-years!

I'm only posting here because nobody outside the bubble cares about BB. My apologies if nobody here cares either. LOL

One. In 4 years...!

Anyway, we now return you to the scheduled thread...
    DrBoomBotz and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-12-16 07:33 AM
    It's over, I think, with B and H pulling down the preorder page.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 06:29 PM
    It's over, I think, with B and H pulling down the preorder page.

Posted via CB10
    They got ahead of themselves again.
    10-13-16 07:21 PM
    Well what the heck. I was actually looking forward to that phone. Maybe I will just go buy a Windows phone and really miss bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:36 PM
    Well what the heck. I was actually looking forward to that phone. Maybe I will just go buy a Windows phone and really miss bb10

Posted via CB10
    You'll like the windows OS. I have done a short tour of iOS, Android, and Windows phone before coming back to BB10 because of bridge functionality...

...Windows was the best of the lot.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 10:21 PM
    Well heck. Not sure what to say to that. The 650 lumina goes an sale every once in a while for $150. Maybe I will give it a whirl. What did you like about the OS over the other 2?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 11:29 PM
    What, for the announcement? What's your source?
    10-14-16 12:39 AM
    Well heck. Not sure what to say to that. The 650 lumina goes an sale every once in a while for $150. Maybe I will give it a whirl. What did you like about the OS over the other 2?
    I like WinPhone too, and I've seen several posts here that agree that it's a nice OS. The live tiles are it's defining USP I think. I don't know how much the $150 means to you, but I'd certainly urge you to give it a try to see how you like it.

WinPhones big problem is the same as BB10's... not enough Apps. It was that problem that finally drove me to buy an iPhone instead of the 950xl I intended. My son (18) bought the 950 as, atypically, he decided the App situation was bearable.
    10-14-16 03:21 AM
    Ohh can't wait to see what they have in store....
    10-15-16 04:48 PM
    Oh, off-topic I know, but I need to share that I've finally seen my very first BB10 phone outside of a phone shop. It was a Classic if anyone is interested. I live a few miles from the 6th largest city in the UK.

Only taken the best part of 4-years!

I'm only posting here because nobody outside the bubble cares about BB. My apologies if nobody here cares either. LOL

One. In 4 years...!

Anyway, we now return you to the scheduled thread...
    To this day I have never ever seen a BB10 phone out in the wild (nor a BB Android phone). I live in a large US city and I'm weird in that when I'm out with friends or my wife I can't help but look at what people are using. I still find it amazing that I've never seen one.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-16 06:47 PM
    I live in Sacramento CA and have seen several in addition to my wife and mine. I worked in dental health care for 12 years and up until '11 when I resigned to run our business it was still BlackBerry dominant. Granted I see less now in the auto insurance industry but they are still around as we are a large government town. I was on my Passport in August in Los Angeles taking notations at a roundtable for OEM repairs and a fellow executive was on his PRIV. I asked how he liked it and his response was "best mobile device I have owned." They are around here and there. I have not yet seen another DTEK50 outside of my wife's but it's newer. (And honestly I could really care less what others use. If it makes them happy- cool. I have tried a Note 3, 4, Moto G4, LG4 and iPhone 6s Plus. None were preferable for my usage or needs. No HUB and I am really not interested)

The DTEK50
    10-15-16 09:25 PM
    I think I've seen about 7-8 out in the wild. A few in SF. A couple in Europe. 1 (Passport) in Hong Kong and another Passport in Birmingham, Alabama last year.
    10-15-16 09:48 PM
    I see one every day . In my hands that is.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 10:24 PM
57 123