I'm with Rogers and I want to buy the Onyx when it comes out. A lot of people are rumoring that the Onyx will be cheaper than the bold.

Either ways, I am still selling my bold and buying it. But my question is, would you guys recommend I sell my bold now (high price) and wait for Onyx, or do I wait for Onyx to be released and then sell (lower price) since Onyx is in town? Or do you think has no difference on the prices?

Any help would be appreciated.
    10-09-09 07:13 PM
    I would say sell it now. If the price differential is correct I can't
    imagine someone paying a higher price for a lesser device.
    10-09-09 07:30 PM
    Only you can answer that question. Go with your gut feelings.
    10-09-09 07:32 PM
    I would say sell it now. If the price differential is correct I can't
    imagine someone paying a higher price for a lesser device.
    My thinking is, those who want bold want a bold! Not Onyx, you know? And, Onyx will be only available on contract (only unless if you want to pay hefty $$). So that's the only reason why I'd wait.

But, that's not guaranteed, so it's a 50 50 chance. Oh well, I think I'll sell.
    10-09-09 07:40 PM
    I would sell your Bold now before the Onyx is released. I sold my Bold for $300 just two weeks ago. But the longer you wait the less cash you will get.
    10-09-09 07:42 PM
    How long have you had yours for?

I think I'm gonna sell mine for at least 350. I've had it for a year and a month and I take care of it really well so I'm confident I could sell it for 350

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:19 PM
    Start by checking the Marketplace and look at what others
    have sold theirs for.
    10-09-09 09:24 PM
    Thanks. If I decide I'm going to sell it through Craigslist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:31 PM
    I would sell it now. Once the 9700 is available, the price for the 9000 will drop.
    10-09-09 11:21 PM
    Start by checking the Marketplace and look at what others
    have sold theirs for.
    You can also check eBay to see what they've sold for there.
    10-09-09 11:22 PM
    Why do you want to sell it? It's best phone I've ever had!
    10-10-09 04:46 AM
    I'd say sell now also if you want more money. But, I'd also hold on to it. The Storm was a flop at first release, and the Tour wasn't far behind. I recommend considering the idea of keeping your Bold as a back-up.
    10-10-09 05:21 AM
    I'd say sell now also if you want more money. But, I'd also hold on to it. The Storm was a flop at first release, and the Tour wasn't far behind. I recommend considering the idea of keeping your Bold as a back-up.
    You confused me. You're saying the Onyx might be a flop?
    10-10-09 09:03 AM
    Update:

Phone is SOLD @ $375.

Let us HOPE that the Onyx comes ASAP to Rogers!
    10-10-09 08:41 PM
    wow nice !! congrats thats awesome .. i have a spare bold and wanting to sell it also but i need to fix it before i sell it.. it has the white screen issue :-(
    10-10-09 08:55 PM
    You confused me. You're saying the Onyx might be a flop?
    any phone can have issues at release. Cant count the chickens till the eggs hatch (phone is released) on how good itll be off paper.
    10-10-09 08:56 PM
    That's annoying.

But to be honest I cannot believe I let go of my bold so fast. I am using a crappy phone and it has a small thing to click on in the middle and I keep thinking it would work like the trackball talk about addition!
    10-10-09 08:57 PM
    any phone can have issues at release. Cant count the chickens till the eggs hatch (phone is released) on how good itll be off paper.
    I agree. Lets just say I'm taking my chance at this point.

I played with the Gemini for a bit and it's not THAT bad for a phone in case the new bold did not come up to expectations. The Gemini is cheap so that could compensate.
    10-10-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD