1. LeeLu's Avatar
    hey guys so I love my blackberry curve sooo much but i do really want the bold although somebody needs to make me a theme with some pink and purple in it...but aside from that my question is this...I have a red curve of att and I got it this yr with an upgrade, so i cant use an upgrade for two years!!! so i have tp spend 550 dollars...should I do it... or wait it out? cause i gotta tell you im getting a bit jealous when i see them...but 550 is a lot for a phone...

    If i pay 550 I dont have to extend my contract. Thanks guy for all your input, i do love my curve and I do think that 550 is too much, i will probably stay with my curve and colorware it? LOL. thanks guys again very smart peeps on here gotta say.
    Last edited by LeeLu; 11-11-08 at 03:30 PM.
    11-10-08 10:40 PM
  2. jimmers's Avatar
    If you are 6 months or more into your 2 year AT&T contract you can qualify for an "Exceptional Upgrade" which means that you can pay $75 and get the phone at the 2 yr price instead of full price and you still qualify for the Mail in Rebate. Keep in mind that by using this method you are extending your contract for another 2 years from the date of upgrade.

    Also, there is a pink and purple theme recently available for the BOLD from Bplay. Here is the link: Bplay : BlackBerry Themes : iBerry Neo Zen

    By the way, I recommend the BOLD.....It's an AWESOME device!!!
    Last edited by jimmers; 11-10-08 at 10:53 PM.
    11-10-08 10:50 PM
  3. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    I can not imagine spending $500+ for a phone not matter what it
    did. That just seems like such an absolute waste of money.
    11-10-08 10:59 PM
  4. PvT's Avatar
    Easy for me to say while I'm using a Bold as I type this. But the Curve is a great phone, hang on as long as you can and before you know it you'll have a BB that I'll be jealous of.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 11:02 PM
  5. sgally's Avatar
    if you have had ur phone for at least 6 months then u can get an exception upgrade ( 1yr contract pricing for a new 2 yr contract which is usually 75.00 difference) and HEEEELLLLLLLZZZZZZZ yeah it's worth it!!!!
    11-10-08 11:04 PM
  6. Tiny Mille's Avatar
    I dont know about 550 but if you can get that exceptional upgrade it is a sick *** phone
    11-10-08 11:19 PM
  7. jnieves's Avatar
    If I had the money I wouldn't mind spending it on the Bold!!!!
    11-11-08 12:00 AM
  8. amazinglygraceless's Avatar
    If I had the money I wouldn't mind spending it on the Bold!!!!
    I have the money and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I am wasting it on
    a cell phone. Sorry, nice, sick, bad a$$, or whatever other euphemisms get
    thrown around about whatever is new and hot, that is to me just ridiculous.

    If I were the OP, with a functioning phone, I'd wait. The price will come down.

    Oh wait. That's exactly what I'm doing.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-11-08 at 12:26 AM.
    11-11-08 12:23 AM
  9. mbisciotti's Avatar
    NO....if you do not mind a short battery life.
    Yes.......if you want a better screen

    I replaced my curve with a new BOLD.......sorry to say its going back and I am going to return to my curve.
    11-11-08 01:08 AM
  10. csiguy1's Avatar
    I had the Curve and it was and is a great phone. I got the Bold because I need it for work. $550 is a lot of money if you are running tight right now. Maybe waiting a while it may come down who knows. You have a great phone right now so don't feel badly.
    11-11-08 01:09 AM
  11. PhxBlue's Avatar
    No phone is worth that amount really.
    11-11-08 03:24 AM
  12. johnmorganjr1's Avatar
    The price will come down just like any phone. I'd wait if I was you cuz that's a lot of money to fork over.
    11-11-08 09:24 AM
  13. GapBoyPCS's Avatar
    It's up to you on your wants and needs. It sounds like this is more a WANT than anything else, and it will come at a price tag. And we're all human, so we always want the newest and the best.

    If you feel that the $550 will buy happiness for the next few months, then go ahead. Otherwise, don't get it knowing that $550 can be half a mortgage payment or groceries for a few weeks, etc. Plus, prices do come down when the next best thing comes. Will you then be in the same boat in figuring whether you can spend $600 to replace your Bold?
    11-11-08 09:39 AM
  14. asylvia's Avatar
    wait a little while and get it off ebay ;-)
    11-11-08 09:42 AM
  15. SiLkk's Avatar
    I would wait, I have the Bold and love it dearly but any phone over $500 is not worth it in my book. If you can get them to work an early upgrade deal so you get the rebate go for it!
    11-11-08 09:46 AM
  16. aggie's Avatar
    Its a really awesome phone, but I would not pay full retail for it unless I just didn't want a contract. I've paid $700 for unlocked Nokia phones and I'm ok with that with the feature set that they carry and being unlocked, but I don't know that I'd pay full retail for the Bold-and they are not selling them with no committment right now so you would be signed in to a 2 year contract and pay full retail price. Not exactly a good deal IMO.

    I lucked out since my wife is switching over to AT&T, I went ahead and added a line, got myself the Bold on that line and am going to give her my Nokia N95 when her contract expires with VZW next month.
    11-11-08 09:54 AM
  17. jeffreii's Avatar
    any guess on when at&t will drop the price on the bold? i'd like to wait until i can get it for $200 with a upgrade
    11-14-08 02:32 PM