As such a large investor, what does BlackBerry stand to gain from the company going public?

He posted from his sleek Z30.
    12-09-14 10:04 AM
    I thought they invested $250 millions

#BBFactCheck
    Zdanie likes this.
    12-09-14 01:40 PM
    I thought it was more too, but I don't know what type of investment it was. If they got part of the company or maybe an exclusive device deal. Either way it will be great news, it just depends on how great

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 01:44 PM
    Only time will tell. We can all hope so
    Let's see how it plays out but I have an inclination it's a well thought out decision, Chen don't seem like the type to waste money unnecessarily especially at this critical time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-14 06:38 PM
    they get exposure to worth with them. The new app that they announced a couple days ago and now a decent "in" with the medical market. I am sure the connections they gained are worth a couple hundred million if they can get BB devices and services into more hospitals. Apple is already very much in this industry so its going to take some work to make a big splash
    12-09-14 07:19 PM
    Exactly what howarmat said. Where I am a lot of doctors use iPhone and iPhone has a lot of apps that cater too them so they are loyal.

This could be the in BlackBerry needs.

They need to get back in with the Realtor market as well, Apple has courted them aggressively the last couple of years.
    12-09-14 08:53 PM
    they get exposure to worth with them. The new app that they announced a couple days ago and now a decent "in" with the medical market. I am sure the connections they gained are worth a couple hundred million if they can get BB devices and services into more hospitals. Apple is already very much in this industry so its going to take some work to make a big splash
    I know a doctor that works for a pretty well known hospital in the area. He's very much into technology and we discussed the genome browser and secure BlackBerry. Apple devices aren't as prevalent as you may think. It's a false perception. It's all about security of the devices. Patient confidentiality is EXTREMELY important and the devices aren't quite there. He expressed that Apple iPads were given to top doctors but not for patient data access, just emails.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-14 09:28 PM
    Yeah, I get that there are obvious benefits to the work their doing. But my question is a bit more specific to the nature of their financial investment. Did they buy a stake in the company? Do they stand to see financial gain from the act of Nanthealth going public?

He posted from his sleek Z30.
    12-10-14 07:32 AM