wow that phone hurts my hands just looking at it. It can't be comfortable to use, that keyboard is horrible.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-07-13 10:14 AM
    One of my sisters used to have a BlackBerry Tour then a Bold 9650. Now she has a Motorola XPRT (Droid Pro for Sprint). I was shocked at how much it looks like a Bold with a taller screen. She says "It's just like my BlackBerry!" Except it ain't...

If they think they are going to win market share back by having basically 2 offerings, a glass slab or an antiquated 10 year old design, they got another think coming.
    07-08-13 02:29 AM
    Personally, I'm holding out for a BB10 slider with trackpad.
    07-08-13 02:44 AM
    I'm sure you are in the forums far more than myself.

If this Blacberry clone has nothing to do with what many people in the forum have been asking for, ie (form factor, larger screen) I don't know what does.
    That keyboard looks so small it looks like you would have to have hands of a five year old to use it.
    07-08-13 06:59 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is. I'm not a big fan of the Q10, my wife has one, but it has, by far, the best physical keyboard out there. The keyboard needs to be the size it is for it to be as good as it is, and the screen real estate has to be eaten into to make the phone a practical size, the balance is pretty much ideal. So Huawei comes along with a PK device with a larger screen. So what? Have you asked yourself at what expense? Not only has Huawei never come out with a PK device with a keyboard anywhere close to being as tactile and responsive as BlackBerry's but now they've made the keyboard less utile by squeezing it into a smaller package. There is NO upside to this phone, none what-so-ever.
    07-08-13 07:28 AM
    PRICE

Someone walking into a store in a developing market - they asked about the data plans and different options. The plans are all the same for iPhone, Android and BB10 Devices, so they next start asking about device prices and features. The Huawei phone is going to sell, and the BlackBerry at four times the price is going to stay on the shelf. That is what this post has to do with BlackBerry, the fact that their wonderful and powerful new OS will not work on anything but middle to high-end hardware.

BBRY announced one new BB7 device for this year, but have the EOL any of the existing BB7 devices? I'm afraid that that BB10 platform is going to be competing against the BB7 platform in a number of markets.

While I understand not working on a BB10 lite for the PlayBook, really think that not having truly low end... entry level devices is going to HURT overall sales. For Android the S4 and the ONE get all the headlines, but I bet if you could find sales broken down by device, that it the cheaper devices that are moving the most units. Back around Christmas the iPhone4 was outselling iPhone5 on Verizon... because you could get them FREE on contract.

BBRY should have launched with the Aristo, and featured it with top of the line hardware and a big shinny screen. But they should have had middle and low end devices available for those with limited budgets.
    07-08-13 07:39 AM
    Personally, I'm holding out for a BB10 slider with trackpad.
    You'll be holding out for a VERY long time....

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:49 AM
    I think I'm surprised at the reaction to this video. At the same time, I think I shouldn't be surprised.

Instead of looking at the device for the good features it has, too many of you are focusing on the unimportant parts the OP is trying to point out. Remember, before the Q10 dropped, a lot of people were hoping that BB would have the sense to marry a taller screen to the famous keyboard. That's a very sensible idea. Then, BB reveals a square screen... collective "d'oh" from developers included!

The point the OP is trying to make (and and had to clarify) is that, it could have been done - a 15:9 screen on a device with hardware keyboard. And, I think the OP speaks for a lot of people (those who aren't harping on unimportant factors - processor, memory, style) when they wonder why BB did NOT go with the taller screen.

We can come up with a million reasons, but at the end the of day, it IS smarter for BB to place a screen that matched the aspect ratio of the Z10.

Seriously speaking, some of you supposed "hardcore" BB users are no different than iDroid fanboys. You're happy with a square screen, only because it's Blackberry and you'll fight to the death over it. And, I am not much different except, I don't follow anyone blindly! But, just as many people opt for the Z10, there are many people who would opt for true BB experience with the good ol keyboard and more screen - MOAR SCREEN PLEASE.

And, I can totally respect that. But, don't use silly, unimportant specs to diminish his point.

Personally, I like my Q10. I'm not about media consumption or playing games. Actually, I am. But, I don't look to my phone to do that. I spend too much good money on quality TVs (2-32" and 1-48") and computers (ASUS Gamer's Republic G73 and an older HP which stays connected to my TV) so I don't have to use a small screen (my phone or anything under 15 inches) as a media consumption device. Call me a snob but that's just plain low brow if you ask me; do people really rely solely on their devices to consume media? Yes, they do. But, Blackberry should be thinking about that. I'd be fine either way. For the off chance I want to see a Youtube vid or visit a website on the go, this square screen is enough to get the job done. And, this Oregon Settler game is good enough when I can't get in front of my laptop and shoot

I like that the Q10 has HDMI and Bluetooth is always a pleasure for music. Those are smart moves. Going to pick up my mini HDMI cord from UPS (delivery sucks; I just tell them to hold it) today! Why? Because I don't want to consume media on a small screen just like I don't ever want to type on a touchscreen phone EVER AGAIN - NO MOAR TOUCHSCREEN TYPING PLEASE. So, I like the option to put it to a big screen. Welcome to the concept of "practical utility".... well, Antonio's practical utility.
    07-08-13 08:44 AM
    Their target group is the "new" users that upgrade from a conventional to smartphone. The company rep clearly portrays it as a "low-end" competition for BB and HTC...(in the video he says "BB has one, HTC has one...).

The form factor... well, I can only see some of the resemblance to the keyboard with the BB keyboard. Apart from that I see nothing else there, especially with the really old Android OS version.

What suddenly comes to mind though is that this phone can be a direct competitor of BB in the developing countries where BB is looking to prolong BBOS usage (through their new phones) like indonesia and India. I do not really see it working as a major competitor in the US market though.

Another point related to the above is that in Indonesia and India, due to BBM being so popular, this phone may not have a real chance. If BB releases BBM to be compatible with the 2.2 Android, then maybe. If they make it compatible with later Droid versions, then most probably it will be hard for this phone to pose a real thread.

Bottom line:
    imo BB has the OS7 devices to compete to that phone. They are perfectly standing up against it I think (with the diferentiation on the pricing, which truth be told is very important, so it will all depend on how BB marks the pricing policy on the new BBOS7 phones for these markets and the pricing of the new BBOS7.2 phone once it is out).

The low price on that phone though is something that can potentially make it a winner on some segments of the market...! (Or people could just go for a nokia instead...!).
    jmo

PS: I would nevertheless like to see a cheaper BB10 version of the Q5 hit those markets later. For me, the more BB10 users they can get onboard, the better at this moment.
    07-08-13 09:27 AM
59 123