You know, such as Facebook, Twitter and such? I think it would be cool for known brands to branch out. Any major news, promotional offers and etc could be posted through Channels. Fashion stores could follow through and so on..

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:36 PM
    You know, such as Facebook, Twitter and such? I think it would be cool for known brands to branch out. Any major news, promotional offers and etc could be posted through Channels. Fashion stores could follow through and so on..

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I believe that's the intent.
    05-18-13 03:38 PM
    i dont know why facebook or twitter would really, channels just mirrors what those services already do. I do see other officials channels coming though
    05-18-13 03:46 PM
    Mercedes F1 has an official channel. Thats a start

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:50 PM
    Well. It's a publication stream. It'd be interesting to use the twitter/facebook/g+/foursquare apis to automatically fetch any updates _you_ make there and automatically post it to your channel. Kinda like a "channel of you". It's neat because instead of rooting through all these services you can go to one point. Privacy settings could be easier, and, (on another note) it's easier to build a more complete picture of you.

Anyways, that's a theoretically interesting idea. Whether we want it in practice is another story; in many ways I think we like having different social services because it allows us to present different facets of ourselves in different contexts.

Again, all a channel is is a publication stream. I like the UI a lot, but I think BlackBerry's missing a 'hook' somehow. Something that would really make it take off.
    05-18-13 04:18 PM
    I agree with all of you. I think this BBM Channels thing could really take off or it could really flop. With the given info of BBM going cross platform, if the app itself is well received on iOS and Android, then I could see Channels become more and more popular.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:25 PM