Read up this thread (and the many, many others on the same topic)... there doesn't seem to be unbounded happiness over the level of performance and coverage of the Android ecosystem.

Slow and with incomplete functionality ... Is my take-away from those reports of apps running under the BB10 runtime.

The (leaked) 10.3 runtime may be better, but until the answer to the question: "Can BB10 run (insert any Top-50 Android app)?" is an unequivocal "yes" ... without caveats about this or that feature not working, or notifications only working if the app is active, or ignoring the error messages, etc, etc ... then I doubt that'll ever be enough for potential buyers. General "Joe Average" consumers won't put up with such nonsense!

I'm always surprised by what I see in these forums as a general feeling of the Android runtime being the saviour of BB10. I don't believe that it is.

Even ignoring the elephant in the room that is google play services, I doubt it can ever be developed to the point of universally answering "yes" to the question above, and has simultaneously reduced the chances that Devs will bring native apps to BB10.
    The point the guy was making was why even have android run time. I can tell you now personally it has made me happy enough to not carry around 2 devices all the time

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:22 PM
326 ... 121314