02-01-13 05:49 PM
83 1234
tools
    Too all of those emotionally invested in the stock, I am sorry you are losing money.
    And that's the problem with emotionally investing in stocks.
    And don't snap when someone mentioned, there is a 140 page thread bragging about how proud you are.
    Even at today's price I am not losing money. Many of us either bought when share price was lower or averaged down - and if you think that the stock price on any given day has anything to do with whether or not a given product will succeed . . .well I'm sorry for your lack of knowledge
    01-31-13 11:18 AM
    I am enjoying my Zee 10 and no one here - NO ONE - will call it the Zed 10 unless they are being sarcastic.
    And color has no u.
    Sorry - just the way it is.
    Ah the true face of that scourge of Europe - the "ugly American".
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-31-13 11:19 AM
    In would hope the US calls it Zed10, it was named Zed10. We don't call ZeeZeeTop ZedZedTop. They're named by Americans and as such we pronounce it as named. Since Zed10 is the name, I would hope the same rule applies in the other direction. It's name is Zed10.
    The only way you are going to get Americans to call it the Zed10 is if the name is physically spelled out as "Zed 10" on the box and the phone. Which wouldn't be a good move in any event because most Americans think of "Zed" as the "bring out the Gimp" manrapist in Pulp Fiction.
    01-31-13 11:25 AM
    Being American ill simply call it the Zee-10 not really a big deal.

I imagine the American carriers/employees and such will also pronounce it as Zee-10.

Zed?? Never heard of a Zed
    How do you pronounce Zebra? Is it zedbra?

Being American Zed is just odd to me.

I'm going with the Qwerty anyway so it don't much matter. Lol
    I love me a BlackBerry Keyboard and I have all the real estate I need on my PlayBook.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 11:40 AM
    Box mine came in has a Z10 logo.
    No Zed to be found. Not ugly, realistic. Keep bashing if it makes you feel better.
    01-31-13 11:52 AM
    at 13.01 right now

And Goldman Sachs today said that people should buy it, because they see strong potential for the next 3 quarters

Goldman Sachs: BlackBerry's a 'Buy' after big reveal, share price drop | CTV News
    its hard to buy something that won't be here for months, let's see how the stocks do.
    01-31-13 11:55 AM
    I can't believe people are so emotional about a letter.

Zed zed zed zed zed.

*Runs away dodging the tomatoes*
    01-31-13 12:03 PM
    Zee zee zee zee zee
    No tomatoes around ;-)
    01-31-13 12:04 PM
    Never knew non-Americans pronounced "Z" as "zed" until joining a forum for the ZX-81 computers and seeing a BBC production about Clive Sinclair. It's an interesting piece of trivia, but hardly something over which to complain.
    01-31-13 12:05 PM
    Which radio station was it? Let me guess, 102?
    I think it was Bill Carroll on AM640.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 12:10 PM
    Haha like he should talk. He records the first 2 hours of his show at 10am from LA, then comes on the air live from 6-7, the whole time he tells people that he's live in Toronto, he actually puts on an act that he moved back here. When the first 2 hours of his Toronto show is on the air, he's actually still live on the air in LA doing his show. So basically what I'm saying is, he has no credibility, and he's a tool.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. I was wondering why he hardly ever takes calls from the listeners.

01-31-13 12:12 PM
    I don't see how it matters.

I would just think people would pronounce the letter the way they normally would in their location.

I don't think any americans are going to go "oh wow, Thorstein Heins said its actually called ZED10, where as I thought it was ZEE10" They are just going to call it ZEE10 without any thought about it. Im sure.

Rush (a Canadian band) has a song called YYZ. I'm sure americans would just say "Zee" regardless of the origin of the content, it's not important
    YYZ - isn't that the airport code for Pearson Airport in Toronto?

01-31-13 12:15 PM
    Being American ill simply call it the Zee-10 not really a big deal.

I imagine the American carriers/employees and such will also pronounce it as Zee-10.

Zed?? Never heard of a Zed
    How do you pronounce Zebra? Is it zedbra?

Being American Zed is just odd to me.

I'm going with the Qwerty anyway so it don't much matter. Lol
    I love me a BlackBerry Keyboard and I have all the real estate I need on my PlayBook.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    The USA is the Only Country that pronounces 'Z' as Zee. The rest of the world pronounces 'Z' as Zed.

Regardless I don't think that it's a big deal.
    01-31-13 12:33 PM
    Loving the Zee10.
    01-31-13 12:34 PM
    The USA is the Only Country that pronounces 'Z' as Zee. The rest of the world pronounces 'Z' as Zed.

Regardless I don't think that it's a big deal.
    We're also one of the few nations that still uses AM and PM, instead of a 24-hour clock, and we've stuck with older English measurements like miles and pounds, giving the middle finger to the metric system.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:35 PM
    Look at RIM's stock to see if we care! It is a $12 and on the way to $9
    And that is because of what they named it?
    01-31-13 12:44 PM
    I don't see how it matters.

I would just think people would pronounce the letter the way they normally would in their location.

I don't think any americans are going to go "oh wow, Thorstein Heins said its actually called ZED10, where as I thought it was ZEE10" They are just going to call it ZEE10 without any thought about it. Im sure.

Rush (a Canadian band) has a song called YYZ. I'm sure americans would just say "Zee" regardless of the origin of the content, it's not important
    Exactly.
    01-31-13 12:53 PM
    We're also one of the few nations that still uses AM and PM, instead of a 24-hour clock, and we've stuck with older English measurements like miles and pounds, giving the middle finger to the metric system.
    I like AM PM and ZeeTen better, but seriously, middle finger the imperial measurement system. It gives me headache. Isn't imperial the one with "foot" to measure length/height? Did you use Lincoln's foot as standard?
    01-31-13 01:19 PM
    The problem in the USA isn't zee or zed; it's the sometime in March release date. you say tomahto, I say tomayto
    jegs2 and reeneebob like this.
    01-31-13 02:19 PM
    Zed, honour, boot (trunk), mummy (mommy), spanner etc, etc. I have had to change back and forth, all my life. Where are the tears for me?

Zed10 is HOT.
    01-31-13 02:26 PM
    Apparently americans used to say ZED, but when Bobby McFerrien wrote the alphabet song for sesame street it didnt sound right...so they changed it.
    02-01-13 05:26 AM
    zee zee zee
    Or, more like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    02-01-13 05:31 AM
    Zebra

Zeebra or zedbra
    02-01-13 05:34 AM
    Zebra

Zeebra or zedbra
    CABIN or CEEBIN????....see what i did there?
    kbz1960 and reeneebob like this.
    02-01-13 05:35 AM
    The name is not a big deal to me. Zed, Zee....if anything it's fun for me to hear the different pronunciations.
    Just get me a white one of these dangnabbitted things......but then again, let my adored Brits take the first crack at it, get the bugs worked out, get a new build pushed through, and THEN in March it will be perfected for me....

Yes, I've turned the corner from being disappointed at the presentation and despondent about the date to excited about getting the dang thing.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 05:41 AM
83 1234