02-10-15 07:34 AM
    Snap! Ouch!
    Glad not to be him!

BlackBerry hates America!
    msf.66 likes this.
    02-10-15 07:40 AM
    Nemory is a great developer, I just think he should be a bit more mature and responsible in the actions he takes. He's upsetting people left and right I think he needs to grow up. I made donations to his paypal account a few times to support him and bought his apps however I'm not happy at all how lightly he take some actions. His efforts needs some channelling.
    02-10-15 07:54 AM
    This promises to be fun, snap10 customers should ask for a refund as the app isn't in BlackBerry World anymore I think

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 07:56 AM
    I love this, I love how other developers from BlackBerry app world whine and complain and even some send emails to snapchat or instragram about third party apps. They are bitter that an app (which isn't theirs) is making a product that people want.
    There's a bunch of developers here that go around CB and act like they are better than us when really their apps aren't that great to begin with. Some people need to mind their own business and stay out of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:18 AM
    I love this, I love how other developers from BlackBerry app world whine and complain and even some send emails to snapchat or instragram about third party apps. They are bitter that an app (which isn't theirs) is making a product that people want.
    There's a bunch of developers here that go around CB and act like they are better than us when really their apps aren't that great to begin with. Some people need to mind their own business and stay out of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    You can keep using snap10 and get your account blocked that's fine by us the "whiners"

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:08 AM
    Is Snapchat really blocking accounts due to 3rd party access?

As for Nemory he is a great developer, but the way he's attacked posters on Crackberry is quite off-putting.
    02-10-15 09:16 AM

As for Nemory he is a great developer, but the way he's attacked posters on Crackberry is quite off-putting.
    My account was locked.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:19 AM

Yup, I got a warning email and I was using the apk, it's their service and they have the right to choose which devices they support though so I don't blame them one bit

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and MikeX74 like this.
    02-10-15 09:21 AM
    They are locking accounts (and announcing they will do so).

I know NemOry will be sharing this soon, but if you need a refund for the app, https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en

That said, I know Instagram users have started being locked through third party apps as well in some cases. Unfortunately from their side, the app registers with them not quite right. So they can't tell if someone is trying to hack your account and pretending to be you or your using a third party app. So they take the safe route when they notice it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    diegonei likes this.
    02-10-15 09:22 AM
    A couple guys and I warned about this about 2 weeks ago and got a facewashing by Nemory
    Guess we now know who we can believe
    diegonei and sushistew like this.
    02-10-15 09:29 AM
    Am I the only one who saw the original article Where all his apps send tons of analytics and pull tons of ads, also where he has remote access to a ton of functions? **** this guy.
    02-10-15 09:35 AM
    When he was served he was heard to say Oh Snap!

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper and FishhPoohh like this.
    02-10-15 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know we've agreed on many things in the past, but this I don't agree on
    Nemory is notoriously known for ripping off apps, then adding ads and "pro paid" versions for free apps
    If he weren't charging for it, he may have got away.
    We have warned him about it before, but we all got a facewash telling us to gtfo
    So I think he had it coming, considering he has been warned by many parties, including BB
    Like Dave79 said, Nemory is taking everything way too lightly. He is actually residing in N America right now, so he can get into a lot of trouble now. Perhaps it's because he is originally from a part of the world where copyright is usually ignored.
    02-10-15 09:37 AM
    This promises to be fun, snap10 customers should ask for a refund as the app isn't in BlackBerry World anymore I think

Posted via CB10
    No way, everyone knew that this was an unauthorized app, this was always a possibility. Nemory was a one man team working on this project for over a year, and it was that work which we paid for. The app being taken down doesn't give him back the countless hours he poured into it. Plus, it was the cost of a cup of coffee. I'm disappointed by this news but I wouldn't dream of requesting a refund.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:40 AM
    You can keep using snap10 and get your account blocked that's fine by us the "whiners"

Posted via CB10
    I don't use it

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:42 AM
    It sounds to me like all they want is the name to change, the logo to change, and the app "look" to change. They're not asking him to shut down, at least I didn't get that from the letter.

Anyway, he should just work for BlackBerry and better their Facebook app and then move to something else from there. They could use the help.
    chalx and tw820 like this.
    02-10-15 09:43 AM
    No way, everyone knew that this was an unauthorized app, this was always a possibility. Nemory was a one man team working on this project for over a year, and it was that work which we paid for. The app being taken down doesn't give him back the countless hours he poured into it. Plus, it was the cost of a cup of coffee. I'm disappointed by this news but I wouldn't dream of requesting a refund.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! There's a ton off people jumping on the bash Nemory band wagon on here who act ignorant to this possibility yet seem extremely knowledgeable now when the app is being compromised. Thanks to nem I've been able to enjoy a service with friends and family. All I see is a bunch of people complaining but not providing another solution for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Who would send emails to snapchat about nemory? That's a new kind of low....

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-10-15 09:46 AM
    It sounds to me like all they want is the name to change, the logo to change, and the app "look" to change. They're not asking him to shut down, at least I didn't get that from the letter.
    Yes, the legal notice only addresses the Trademark infractions. But that's all their legal team needs to do, since the proprietary API issue is being handled internally by shutting down accounts using the app.
    02-10-15 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    It happened unfortunately I've seen the proof

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-10-15 09:56 AM
    Thank you! There's a ton off people jumping on the bash Nemory band wagon on here who act ignorant to this possibility yet seem extremely knowledgeable now when the app is being compromised. Thanks to nem I've been able to enjoy a service with friends and family. All I see is a bunch of people complaining but not providing another solution for me.

Posted via CB10
    Use the android app. That's what I've been using
    KermEd and sushistew like this.
    02-10-15 09:58 AM
    Developers tend to watch each other's backs and practice a bit of self policing. I don't think many developers find ratting him out is any lower than Nemory reverse engineering somebody else's proprietary service.
    02-10-15 09:59 AM
    It happened unfortunately I've seen the proof

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Nemory managed to **** off so many people.
    I mean he pissed me off pretty well as well. I just so happen not to stoop so low...
    02-10-15 09:59 AM
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Nemory managed to **** off so many people.
    I mean he pissed me off pretty well as well. I just so happen not to stoop so low...
    I think it's super low, do I agree with everyone Nemory has done? No, but he has provided a third party app to a couple of services that people want and couldn't have.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze, 3hb78ftg and bibbula like this.
    02-10-15 10:03 AM
258 123 ...