Source: Snapchat acquires AddLive, might bring video chat ability to its application - Neowin

Popular picture messaging application, Snapchat, has revealed that it has acquired a video streaming company called AddLive whose technology may be used to power video chats in the future.

Snapchat recently introduced ephemereal text messaging in its application and may be en route to become the ultimate messaging application by introducing video chats if its latest acquisition is an indicator.

According to the report from The Verge, Snapchat was looking for a video technology provider over the past year and the deal with AddLive is believed to have gone through months ago. Snapchat confirmed the acquisition but did not disclose any financial details or related terms. AddLive, which makes WebRTC based video streaming technology for browsers, iOS and Android could be used to power Snapchat's cross-platform video chat service.

Although Snapchat is a relatively small player among instant messaging applications such as WhatsApp, BBM and Facebook Messenger, it has managed to raise over $120 million in funding and gain attention of the industry. Using the video technology from its latest acquisition, Snapchat could become the all in one communication solution.
    The last line in the article cracked me up a bit
    Still great that BBM got mentioned.
    05-05-14 06:44 AM
    Source: Snapchat acquires AddLive, might bring video chat ability to its application - Neowin

The last line in the article cracked me up a bit
    Still great that BBM got mentioned.
    It already does!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:21 AM