Snapchat has filed a complaint and snap2 chat has been removed from BlackBerry
    World. Snap lite is still available. Source's n4bb

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 09:48 PM
    Does that mean they are going to make native version for BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 09:52 PM
    Probably not,they don't want him charging for the app, that's why the lite version is still available .

I read an article about Nemory Studios, he is quite the success with over a million downloads of his apps on BlackBerry World. With success comes attention, unfortunately it got Snapchats attention.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 40blind40; 08-15-14 at 10:10 PM.
    08-15-14 09:54 PM
    He needs to convert the lite version to the full version and leave it free.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    walt63, Nayalm, MrDoreth and 4 others like this.
    08-15-14 09:58 PM
    He needs to convert the lite version to the full version and leave it free.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10720092
    08-15-14 10:11 PM
    Damn! I should have downloaded it when I had the chance!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:11 PM
    Hi there,

We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

Thank you for choosing Snap2Chat/SnapShot.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:20 PM
    Thanks for directing me to that thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:27 PM
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam, mnc76, tryfe and 6 others like this.
    08-15-14 10:30 PM
    Hi there,

We are very sorry that you can?t download Snap2Chat Pro in BBWorld at the moment because SnapChat pulled it the store recently but we?re trying our best to put it back and don?t worry because you will always can get and NO NEED TO PAY AGAIN.

The name will be renamed to SnapShot and will be completely free with the pro features. No ads, notifications, filters, and a lot more. It will replace the Snap2Chat Lite

Posted via CB10
    Good sh*t bro!

BBM: 2B810173
    08-15-14 10:44 PM
    Hi there,

Posted via CB10
    Nemory, you're awesome.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    GSM-S and vanrickman like this.
    08-15-14 10:54 PM
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless of what platform I use.

Slow clap to SnapChat for being lazy, greedy urchins.....well done guys...well done.

Posted via CB10
    +100

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:59 PM
    Snapchat is a real scumbag developer. Pulls app made only because they haven't made one.......real a-holes they are. they'll never see my business regardless.

Posted via CB10
    Uhm, no. Snapchat claims, Nemory Studios "improperly uses Snapchat's trademark in its app title and includes the unauthorized use of the Snapchat ghost logo." They add it violates terms and conditions of the application and "other federal and state laws."

Snapchat went after Snap2Chat due to the application being a paid staple in the BlackBerry World storefront - which they have every right to do.

But I do appreciate what the developer went through to bring Snap2Chat to BlackBerry World. It filled a huge gap, and I can admit I paid for the Pro version myself.

Nonetheless, I wish Nemory luck.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:06 PM
    Uhm, no. Snapchat claims, Nemory Studios "improperly uses Snapchat's trademark in its app title and includes the unauthorized use of the Snapchat ghost logo." They add it violates terms and conditions of the application and "other federal and state laws."

Snapchat went after Snap2Chat due to the application being a paid staple in the BlackBerry World storefront - which they have every right to do.

But I do appreciate what the developer went through to bring Snap2Chat to BlackBerry World. It filled a huge gap, and I can admit I paid for the Pro version myself.

Nonetheless, I wish Nemory luck.

Posted via CB10
    I dont debate the legal right to do what they do.....but its still dirty pool.....they're lazy greedy urchins. it is what it is. Just like yelp, netflix....etc etc. Scumbags imo.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:15 PM
    Hi there,

Posted via CB10
    Nem, I did warn you about this...about 6 months ago :S
    DYLANHABKIRK and Djlatino like this.
    08-15-14 11:32 PM
    I dont debate the legal right to do what they do.....but its still dirty pool.....they're lazy greedy urchins. it is what it is. Just like yelp, netflix....etc etc. Scumbags imo.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah - how greedy and dirty for a company to protect the rights of the property they worked hard to establish...

I'm not trying to cause a debate - you have your opinion, and then there's the opposite.

It just seems you have misdirected anger because they don't support your platform - right?

*Shrug*

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:40 PM
    Yeah - how greedy and dirty for a company to protect the rights of the property they worked hard to establish...

I'm not trying to cause a debate - you have your opinion, and then there's the opposite.

It just seems you have misdirected anger because they don't support your platform - right?

*Shrug*

Posted via CB10
    You're missing my point. But whatever.

Posted via CB10
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    08-15-14 11:51 PM
    You're missing my point. But whatever.

Posted via CB10
    I think the point is that they won't develop an app for BB10, but when someone else does, they go after him. Snapchat could have had those downloads themselves if they had made an app.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy, CeeXTwo, Q10Bold and 8 others like this.
    08-16-14 01:55 AM
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't use snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    ESCON, MrDoreth, Flatman and 11 others like this.
    08-16-14 02:12 AM

Posted via CB10

Join my photography channel
    08-16-14 02:38 AM
    I too don't use it!!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 02:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I don't use it either.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 03:06 AM
    Reminds me of typo keyboard dispute.
    I wonder if snap2chat needs to be blocked globally or just in the US.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 03:14 AM
    I think the point is that they won't develop an app for BB10, but when someone else does, they go after him. Snapchat could have had those downloads themselves if they had made an app.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

YES -- they have a right to protect their intellectual property.

But at the same time, there is no point or benefit I can see for them to do this beyond the fact that "they can".

That's why it's a d**che move in my book. They're seemingly taking the app down for the sake of taking it down, not because it's doing any damage or harm to their company or brand... I mean, it's not like Snap2chat is competing with their own BB10 SnapChat client (especially since they refuse to build one for BB10).

Just because they have the right to do something doesn't mean it's automatically the correct and appropriate thing for them to do.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 03:25 AM
    Exactly.

YES -- they have a right to protect their intellectual property.

But at the same time, there is no point or benefit I can see for them to do this beyond the fact that "they can".

That's why it's a d**che move in my book. They're seemingly taking the app down for the sake of taking it down, not because it's doing any damage or harm to their company or brand... I mean, it's not like Snap2chat is competing with their own BB10 SnapChat client (especially since they refuse to build one for BB10).

Just because they have the right to do something doesn't mean it's automatically the correct and appropriate thing for them to do.

Posted via CB10
    People always say that, but the reality is that they don't have any choice. If they don't go after someone who uses the name and/or logo, then it's open season for anyone to do what they want, and if they do then try and object, it can be pointed out they took no action previously.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 05:04 AM
205 123 ...