I don't know. Maybe a lot of devs who make their Android apps available for BB10 on BlackBerry World are just lazy or just don't see any benefit to regularly updating their apps, but I've found that the versions of apps like Kobo on Snap, are WAAY better than the old versions they've left to wither on BBW.

Clearly, if an app needs notifications (when the app isn't running) , then BBW is your only choice, but for other apps, it seems way better to use Snap.

For example, Kobo is good from BBW, but the version from Snap has cool page animation etc... that isn't in the BBW version...

I'm not sure how much easier BlackBerry can make things for Android devs, but, it seems a lot of them don't realize that they're latest versions work perfectly on bb10 without any modifications.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Snap versions of BBW Android apps are way better-img_20140311_054921.png  
    03-12-14 02:08 AM
    FYI: I'd highly recommend avoiding questionable app stores like aptoide, apktrain, and 1mobile, etc...

If you trust the developer of Snap, then it means you're getting you APKs directly from GPlay and you're getting the latest version.

With other stores you just don't know whether you might be downloading viruses and malware.

Open letter to Kevin Michaluk: I'm very disappointed in the CB staff for not bringing the issue of Android app store trust/security to light.

When you post an article about how to use aptoide, Apktrain, or 1Mobile, your readers assume that it men's these stores are safe. In fact, the majority assume that ANY 3rd party Android store is safe. And THAT is just dangerous.

We don't need a BlackBerry security breach to occur. That would be detrimental to BlackBerry right now.

You and the CB editorial staff are the experts, and the fact that you've been so quiet on the subject can only have bad repercussions.

C'mon CB. Put your loyal users first, and say something definitive about 3rd party Android app stores.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 03-12-14 at 02:49 AM.
    03-12-14 02:16 AM
    Often im using the snap downloads instead the BlackBerry World. EBay, amazon kindle, dB app, the snap versions runs smooth, and have more features.
    To bad, that the devs not push the updates to bbworld @.@

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drau�en richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu k�ssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    03-12-14 04:17 AM
    They are simply lazy.
    The same happens on Amazon Appstore.
    Download ANY app on Amazon Appstore, then search updates on snap. 90% of times on Amazon Appstore the "latest version" is behind many updates. For example the app for my network operator on Amazon Appstore got its last update in 2011... (while on gplay it gets monthly updates)
    03-12-14 04:45 AM
    Well... songza for me on snap doesn't work. It crashes or will stop playing after one song. Since I'm in Japan I had to get my songza from amazon. This was a weird occurrence though. I noticed that every time an android app was started the location services popped on. Turns out that no matter where it came from (bbw, snap, amazon) if an android app was started the amazon store service would start up in the background. Apps from amazon also require the store to be loaded so the service can start. Found that out when I deleted it and every time I booted songza it said the amazon service couldn't be reached. I finally just used a vpn and grabbed the one from bbw and things have worked so much smoother now. So it isn't always that the dev is lazy (most probably are though) it's just that it may not work right.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 05:13 AM