I'm trying to install snap, I followed the crackberry guide. I'm using a netbook btw windows 7 lite or something.

I installed chrome, installed the extension for it, turned on devolptment mode on my bb, checked the IP address. And when I try to type in https://169.254.0.1 in chrome I keep getting this webpage is unavailable. My phones plugged into my computer I tried checking for **** but I can't figure it out. I don't have BlackBerry software installed on my comp I don't think that matters though.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:39 PM
    I'm trying to install snap, I followed the crackberry guide. I'm using a netbook btw windows 7 lite or something.

I installed chrome, installed the extension for it, turned on devolptment mode on my bb, checked the IP address. And when I try to type in https://169.254.0.1 in chrome I keep getting this webpage is unavailable. My phones plugged into my computer I tried checking for **** but I can't figure it out. I don't have BlackBerry software installed on my comp I don't think that matters though.

Posted via CB10
    Search for the Snap Installer, or download Sachesi. Save yourself the headache from frustration.
    05-28-14 09:43 PM
    Search for it where and what's sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:45 PM
    I'll try the whole process on a laptop tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Search the forum here. Look at the top right corner of your screen. See the search box?
    05-28-14 09:54 PM
    Yeah thanks for the help guy. Good work.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=902493

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:56 PM
    I think you need to install BlackBerry link on your pc so other program like sachei or darcy tool can recognise your device

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and DS1331 like this.
    05-28-14 09:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here's my own little guide... hope this helps.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    4. Plug your device into your computer.
    5. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    6. Click on the install tab.
    7. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    8. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    Mecca EL and DS1331 like this.
    05-28-14 10:03 PM
    Here's my own little guide... hope this helps.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    4. Plug your device into your computer.
    5. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    6. Click on the install tab.
    7. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    8. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    I'm going to try this thanks for taking the time to help I'll let you know!

Sent from my XT1053 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-28-14 10:08 PM
    I'm going to try this thanks for taking the time to help I'll let you know!

Sent from my XT1053 using CB Forums mobile app
    No problemo. I'm sure you'll find it easy enough. It actually takes less effort to accomplish than to write up. It's a snap.
    DS1331 likes this.
    05-28-14 10:27 PM
    You're right it was easy. I did it through chrome. The problem was I never set up blackberry link, as soon as I did that it went through smooth. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:34 PM
    You're right it was easy. I did it through chrome. The problem was I never set up blackberry link, as soon as I did that it went through smooth. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    Fyi it really isn't meant for a consumers

You will run into bugs with the runtime like crashes
    And incompatible apps

It is mostly for developers
    The only way for 100% working runtime is an Google certified android phone and you can't ask the app developers for help since you are using an unsupported platform

Also check the forums for faq on settings you need to adjust to make some apps work

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-28-14 10:39 PM
    I understand, has anyone tried any kind of launcher on BlackBerry from the play store? My dream phone is a Q10 that runs android it's getting close

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:52 PM
    I understand, has anyone tried any kind of launcher on BlackBerry from the play store? My dream phone is a Q10 that runs android it's getting close

Posted via CB10
    You can install a launcher. It will open as an app and it will functional as a "launcher", but you will not be able to open it permanently because it will still just be running on the runtime framework.
    05-28-14 11:20 PM
    Oh cool. For future knowledge if I wanted to install a leaked OS is the whole chrome process how I would do it?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:23 AM
    Oh cool. For future knowledge if I wanted to install a leaked OS is the whole chrome process how I would do it?

Posted via CB10
    No, it isn't the same process. Take a look at these options:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Which option you would use depends upon what format is available in -- it varies.
    DS1331 likes this.
    05-29-14 08:32 AM