I believe if Snap can push its app to the Amazon app store so as to stay relevant and easy to access it can even open up the lack of apps up to greater numbers.
    06-18-14 09:39 PM
    Except SNAP is not an Android app? It's a native cascades app..
    06-18-14 09:52 PM
    this is like after a boxing match when both sides try to spin their performance as winning before the score card has been read…. I see where you would be coming from, however, I think having the amazon as an official appstore will solve many of the concerns current blackberry owners have… Which for the sake of this post i will break into 2 categories…

Group A are the people who don't currently have snap, or know what snap is because they don't get online to search for blackberry stuff… They would like to have the popular apps but for whatever reason they have blackberry and don't wanna do all that extra stuff to their phone… Having the amazon store will solve their thirst for that 1 or 2 apps they desire….

Group B are the current people who may or may not currently have snap….they will gladly download snap from Amazon, however, they will probably find that using snap is more of a hassle than using Amazon to download the same app… considering you can not use snap to PURCHASE apps..

So while the OP sounds good in theory, I don't see that been good for the Devs of snap…. unless of course, they find a way to niche a market
    Brutal Efficiency likes this.
    06-18-14 10:00 PM
    Am I wrong, I think snap just fools Google Play into thinking that you have an android. No benefit for the Amazon. Store.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 10:58 PM
    Also, snap is in violation of the Google play terms of service. That's why it's not officially supported by BB. Snap being in any official store could draw some lawsuits from google.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-19-14 07:37 AM
    Even if it were possible, why on earth would Amazon allow that? The last thing they want is people downloading apps from Google Play instead, free or paid.

Snap is ideal as it stands, it's below the radar (because it's not strictly legit) and we can make use of it because we know about it. So the Amazon App Store solves the perception issue and users who care enough about it can continue to access Google Play.
    06-19-14 07:43 AM
    Snap, although it helped many, is not the route BlackBerry officially wanted to support. It perhaps was a stepping stone to the end result. All BlackBerry devices should have 2 baked in icons. One for "Native Apps Only", and the other "Working Android Apps Only"

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    06-19-14 08:47 AM
    SNAP will never make its way to any storefront, unless the store wants to get sued by Google.
    06-19-14 01:41 PM
    I just wish SNAP was a APK so everyone could download it. I'm not a computer guy or have a pc so I can't get it

C0020AFC4
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    06-22-14 02:46 AM
    Lol. Calls for the Amazon app store to be native, calls for the currently native Google Play store to be an APK.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 04:05 AM
    lol why would Amazon want this, it attaches itself to Google Play and its affilliate ad networks so revenue doesn't go back to Amazon and if Google saw this, Amazon with its big pockets would have lawyers lined up at Google HQ to sue them on their behalf.
    06-22-14 04:11 AM
    The point isn't to make Snap an Apk. The point is to make installing .bars as easy as .apks. I'm definitely not an expert but it's annoying to have to sideload native apps while android apps can be installed with much more ease.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:35 PM